Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:53 pm

personally I am against the idea that everything old .. is good by default and then the fans demands to do new things when they are not given the opportunity ... I think that broly fulfilled his purpose in the first movie ... but if you decide to stretch the "gum" when you have a character that was not made to be long-lasting you get bio-broly or broly second coming

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:03 am

Skar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:17 pmI think a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations to be honest. Expecting any of them to have growth and development for the established characters comparable to the original completed series is unlikely to happen especially when the author is no longer in their prime.
I don't think it's unrealistic at all, because the very story that started this revival (BOG) had great character development for both Goku and Vegeta.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:31 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:03 amI don't think it's unrealistic at all, because the very story that started this revival (BOG) had great character development for both Goku and Vegeta.
I considered it less new development and more of showing the results of their Buu saga development. One of the reasons BoG was my favorite from this revival because I felt the characterization was consistent and no one was regressed. When we watched the Buu saga to End of Z, there wasn't a gap in development that needed to be shown later. It's all a midquel so I don't think we were intended to expect as much development as the original series because we know where the characters will be when it's over.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:52 am

Skar wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:31 amI considered it less new development and more of showing the results of their Buu saga development.

When we watched the Buu saga to End of Z, there wasn't a gap in development that needed to be shown later. It's all a midquel so I don't think we were intended to expect as much development as the original series because we know where the characters will be when it's over.
This is definitely one way to look at it, as the Buu arc ended before we could see how their development would impact them. We saw Vegeta throw his life away for his loved ones, but would he throw his pride away ? Would his new view on life allow him to surpass Goku ? Vegeta now respects Goku, but does Goku respect him ? Goku taking Buu down made him the strongest being in the universe, how does that change his outlook on fighting ? These were all answered in BOG, which is why I think it should've been the only story set within the 10 year gap, and even the only story focused on the current cast of characters.

The problem with writing new stories between 2 established ones is that there aren't many places you can take the characters, which limits the writers. You can get away with it once or twice, but not for what they're trying to do now. You either end up being stuck with no character development or end up forced to go over the same development previously completed.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:52 amThe problem with writing new stories between 2 established ones is that there aren't many places you can take the characters, which limits the writers. You can get away with it once or twice, but not for what they're trying to do now. You either end up being stuck with no character development or end up forced to go over the same development previously completed.
I definitely agree but it's what I meant by having realistic expectations. I don't think Toriyama chose this time period because it had the most potential but because he wanted to write more DB stories and keep the original ending. The criticism that there's little to no further development and going over the same development I think applies to almost every recent sequel so it's unlikely DB is going to be the exception.

When a series ends during its original run, it's usually because it was the ending the author intended or they had no where else to go and thought it was a satisfying place to conclude the story. Most likely anything coming after that is going to be viewed as extra content by the author. I've learned to accept these stories for what they are but I still hope it's only temporary and they'll let the series rest at some point. There have many sequel flops recently so that's reassuring that they can't keep at it forever.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:57 am

I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Super Saiyan 3 with eyebrows.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 pm Image
While Son Goku knows how to return a handshake like a normal person, Vegeta on the other hand, is such an asshole, that he would kill the very person that would have offered him a handshake. Even if that very exact same person would have been a fellow comrade of his. But if you don't believe me, then just ask Nappa.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:50 pm

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:06 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:50 pm Image
"actively contributes to battlers", Thats the joke right there.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:36 am

The way the words on that meme are positioned literally hurts my eyes.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:58 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:06 am
Fighting and losing is still better than doing nothing.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:26 am

but you look better doing nothing.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:26 am
but you look better doing nothing.
Disagree. Also, if you’re going to quote me please don’t remove the tag, so I actually get a notification.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:58 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:06 am
That's not a joke. He was helping in battles against all main villains. And yeah, it's better than doing nothing. Even being trashed by Super 17 was enough as it bought time until Goku arrived. Goten isn't a warrior obviously and unlike Gohan, no one really expected him to be, but he still tried and was doing his best to help. Not to mention actually doing well against Baby and that was his first and probably only own fight against a main villain without fusing.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:28 pm

GT Goten does get mad hoes and has a cool hairstyle, he is ripped too, is like describing Cristiano Ronaldo. With that alone he can get away with all those exaggerations regarding his relevance or power in GT. DBS Goten can't even dress himself, looks like Chichi does that for him.

Winner: GT Goten.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:29 pm

Goten contributed as much to fights in GT as the rest of the supporting cast.

0%.