"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:55 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:02 am Looks like Merus is taking this seriously. Well then, goodbye.
I will only believe when I see it. Toyotaro may find an excuse to not erase him.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:06 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:55 am
Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:02 am Looks like Merus is taking this seriously. Well then, goodbye.
I will only believe when I see it. Toyotaro may find an excuse to not erase him.
He told Jaco he's only buying time for Goku and the others to get back up.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 am

I mean Merus is likely not using his full power here and as long as he sticks to weapons he should be fine. He's likely buying time for the others to get their HP up give how Moro basically wrecked them.

All I know is that this arc seems like its going to last longer than usual.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am

Merus literally rushed Moro, that means fighting.

Still, no erasure.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am Merus literally rushed Moro, that means fighting.

Still, no erasure.
He'll be OK as long as he just uses weapons.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:15 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:06 am
He told Jaco he's only buying time for Goku and the others to get back up.
Yeah, also people seem to forget Whis would look stupid if Merus is killed. Merus getting erased = Whis is in hot water. Whis was pretty much jumping in hoops to prevent Merus from killing himself and attracting the Grand Priest's ire, if Merus is killed now, Whis is in for it because he legit said to the Grand Priest "Father, let me get Merus and put him in his place before he breaks the code. Kay?"
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:19 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:15 amYeah, also people seem to forget Whis would look stupid if Merus is killed.
There's no way Whis and even Beerus aren't a part of whatever Merus has planned, either by just letting him to go on the strict condition of only buying time, or getting involved if things get worse than they already are. Moro is simply too dangerous now for Beerus and Whis to just stand by and watch.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:26 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am Merus literally rushed Moro, that means fighting.

Still, no erasure.
I still don't get how this is ok by Angel laws. They're not supposed to take sides. But somehow avoiding+using mortal weapons to help one side, doesn't count as taking sides?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:27 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:19 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:15 amYeah, also people seem to forget Whis would look stupid if Merus is killed.
There's no way Whis and even Beerus aren't a part of whatever Merus has planned, either by just letting him to go on the strict condition of only buying time, or getting involved if things get worse than they already are. Moro is simply too dangerous now for Beerus and Whis to just stand by and watch.
Agreed. Beerus is likely on Earth anyhow with Whis nearby(Probably watching Merus and Moro 'fight') If all else fails even when the Z fighters are brought back in then Beerus can always take a stand against Moro as a last resort, though it would get pretty bad for the Z fighters if BEERUS has to rise up in their stead for being unable to defeat him.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:26 am
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 am

Still, no erasure.
I still don't get how this is ok by Angel laws. They're not supposed to take sides. But somehow avoiding+using mortal weapons to help one side, doesn't count as taking sides?
I mean, Merus has being using weapons made by the Galactic Patrol for a while, and if Whis or the Grand Priest aren't getting on his ass about it then clearly the angel law is more or less 'Don't use full power in conflicts else we're erase you from existence'.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:42 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:26 amI still don't get how this is ok by Angel laws.
No one questions angle laws, you shouldn't either.
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:27 amIt would get pretty bad for the Z fighters if BEERUS has to rise up in their stead for being unable to defeat him.
Hopefully things don't come to that, as it'll make them look extremely incompetent.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:00 am

So Moro came to the conclusion that Merus was a God based on the fact that he couldn't sense him.

I thought Moro could sense God Power this entire time. Or maybe it differs when it comes to sensing Merus.

Definitely looking like Mastered Ultra Instinct is going to make an appearance.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:54 pm

Well, I can now see the reason behind this arc taking this long. They wanted to bring ultra Instinct but knew that it was too early for that. A mere hypothesis on my part ofc.

Still waiting on Buu doing something tbh. Perhaps releasing the daikaioshin to let him restore his power and use the sealing technique.

A stretched theory would be Merus allowing himself to be absorbed by Buu and get the job done, spitting him out afterwards, which wouldn't count as a violation of the angel laws since Merus wasn't in control.
P O W E R

Incarnate
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Incarnate » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:11 am I swear Merus better not be dumb enough to let his neck get grabbed....
Fun fact, Merus has never gotten hit once. He's essentially in a permanent state of Ultra Instinct, so I doubt we'll see him get grabbed unless Moro pulls something out of his ass.

Incarnate
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Incarnate » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:27 pm

pepd wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:36 am Is it me or the panels/paneling are looking better in this one
Placebo. His paneling has always been great, especially since the ToP.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:29 pm

Incarnate wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:11 am I swear Merus better not be dumb enough to let his neck get grabbed....
Fun fact, Merus has never gotten hit once. He's essentially in a permanent state of Ultra Instinct, so I doubt we'll see him get grabbed unless Moro pulls something out of his ass.
Doesn't Moro have this tendency of doing that? Pulling abilities out of his ass? Like seriously, Moro getting angel powers would be broken and pretty much seal everyone's fate. The writers better not make Merus lose IQ points by having him get grabbed. The only logical explanation I'll ever accept is that he lets him,even then that's a massive risk.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Still, no erasure.
Merus has already fought Moro, in Chapter 49. Just fighting Moro isn't the problem per se; intervening with the power of an Angel is the problem.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Incarnate wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 pm Fun fact, Merus has never gotten hit once.
Wasn't his outfit damaged at one point when he was sparring with UI Omen Goku?
Found it:

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:03 pm
Incarnate wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:25 pm Fun fact, Merus has never gotten hit once.
Found it:
If that's the case then that's a remarkable feat
no one besides Goku in UI Omen has managed to graze an Angel (Then again he is a trainee) It would be better to see how Omen Goku would do up against Whis

Incarnate
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Incarnate » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:03 pm
Found it:
Entirely off-screen and it could just be assumed that those little rips in his clothing are from him powering up slightly as, even in the image you posted, you can see parts Merus' clothes tearing off; which has somewhat always been a thing for UI as seen in Goku's fight with Jiren/Moro you can see these little scraps of clothing floating and tearing off.

For example:

But anyway, as you can see, Merus, unlike Goku, doesn't have any scratches.