Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Skar
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Skar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:53 am

OhHiRenan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:41 amThere's nothing DBM loves more than wasting time.
Asura said he wanted to take a break for the summer so I guess they went with a double special instead of one. I'm not a big fan of U16 but I don't mind him taking breaks if it prevents him getting burned out and losing interest. The Fan Comic Compilation thread is full of abandoned fan comics or have been on a hiatus for a few years :( .

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:40 pm

I don't see why whoever drew this comic couldn't have helped and done a main comic chapter.

I still think if Asura had help the stroy would move quicker and with less burn out. Had their been hell maybe Gogeta jr wouldn't have left.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 pm

Apparently they are working on animating this piece of c...
Get ready for 450 episodes of Majin Bra maming family and friends

It'll take years according to them though so we are safe for the time being

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:55 pm

I have numerous issues with DBM, but the frequency of the writers' breaks isn't one of them. Hell, even if I did, it'd be hypocritical of me to complain about it. DBM is still a fan project at the end of the day, and one that isn't being made for profit. The writers are perfectly entitled to take as many breaks as they need. The Majin Bra arc may have been dogshit from beginning to end, but the fact that the writers maintained a consistent release schedule throughout, with some admittedly great art, is admirable.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 pm Apparently they are working on animating this piece of c...

I forgot but there was someone on youtube that had made 3 or 4 episodes and they had got to the Kakarot vs Kat fight.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:29 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 pm Apparently they are working on animating this piece of c...

A YouTuber named Bocodamondo animated a few chapters of DBM. Each chapter was about 10 minutes of animation so the entire main story so far would come out to be about 20 regular length episodes so far. The Majin Bra fight be about an episode and a half.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:18 am

It's quiet here... People doesn't care about DBM anymore? Or is it only about Bra or special chapters?
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:53 am

Trouser wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:18 am It's quiet here... People doesn't care about DBM anymore? Or is it only about Bra or special chapters?
Not many really care about the filler chapters and they rarely have anyhting to really discuss.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Trouser wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:18 am It's quiet here... People doesn't care about DBM anymore? Or is it only about Bra or special chapters?
I think it's because we know that these chapters won't be over until October and since special chapters are routinely shit, so we've all peaced out until then.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Salagir said it himself "If you're not interested in the Side Chapters, come back in September/October".. That's enough said for me!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:56 pm

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:55 pm

This double special is garbage, to be fair I didn't expect much and the quality of the comic is going downhill for a while now, it just took me some time to realize it.

There's barely dragon ball left in it except for the title and some characters, what a shame, should have kept it as a fun tournament

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:52 pm

The Bastard. wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:55 pm This double special is garbage, to be fair I didn't expect much and the quality of the comic is going downhill for a while now, it just took me some time to realize it.

There's barely dragon ball left in it except for the title and some characters, what a shame, should have kept it as a fun tournament
Yeah, it should have stayed as a tournament with small mysteries here and there (Ginyu, XXI, etc.). But they kept pushing Bra on the readers and then this idiotic Majin rebellion and it's all gone down to hell. To me it went bad after they forced a victory for Bra against Ginyu, and when the Gast/Raichi battle was a major letdown

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:14 am

EGonzo wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:52 pm
The Bastard. wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:55 pm This double special is garbage, to be fair I didn't expect much and the quality of the comic is going downhill for a while now, it just took me some time to realize it.

Yeah, it should have stayed as a tournament with small mysteries here and there (Ginyu, XXI, etc.). But they kept pushing Bra on the readers and then this idiotic Majin rebellion and it's all gone down to hell. To me it went bad after they forced a victory for Bra against Ginyu, and when the Gast/Raichi battle was a major letdown
The Gast fight was a joke, as is the Majin rebellion, they bite more than what they can chew and the result is a garbage arc full of innocuous and badly paced action that no one understands full of characters that no one fucking cares ( no Goku, no Vegeta, lmao, 2 fucking years) with a conclusion as satisfactory as a wet fart that leaves a skid mark in your underwear. There's a thread in the forum comparing the pace of DBz, DBM and DBS and the contrast in quality of action(how the characters and action scenes are portrayed, not just how pretty the drawing is) makes the comparison stark, DBM panels are just a mess with 10 people per panel making it disgusting to read, even DBS did better in the similar ToP arc by focusing on skirmishes for a few chapters.

Salagir can't write and plan, that's clear, I only read it still because it was my first fan manga way before DB made it's comeback. Nostalgia.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:08 pm

The Bastard. wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:14 am

The Gast fight was a joke, as is the Majin rebellion, they bite more than what they can chew and the result is a garbage arc full of innocuous and badly paced action that no one understands full of characters that no one fucking cares ( no Goku, no Vegeta, lmao, 2 fucking years) with a conclusion as satisfactory as a wet fart that leaves a skid mark in your underwear. There's a thread in the forum comparing the pace of DBz, DBM and DBS and the contrast in quality of action(how the characters and action scenes are portrayed, not just how pretty the drawing is) makes the comparison stark, DBM panels are just a mess with 10 people per panel making it disgusting to read, even DBS did better in the similar ToP arc by focusing on skirmishes for a few chapters.

Salagir can't write and plan, that's clear, I only read it still because it was my first fan manga way before DB made it's comeback. Nostalgia.
I'm still reading it for the exact same reason as you. It's a "I might as well know how it ends" thing, since I've spent so much time reading it, and it's not really a huge sacrifice since it's only a page every couple of days.

Can you point me in the direction of that thread, by any chance?

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:09 am

EGonzo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:08 pm

I'm still reading it for the exact same reason as you. It's a "I might as well know how it ends" thing, since I've spent so much time reading it, and it's not really a huge sacrifice since it's only a page every couple of days.

Here it is, apparently someone there doesn't like me a little bit, lol, the last page post told me to eat a dick, so rude.

https://dbmenglish.freeforums.net/threa ... ans?page=1

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:51 pm

The Bastard. wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:09 am

Here it is, apparently someone there doesn't like me a little bit, lol, the last page post told me to eat a dick, so rude.

Lol I saw that. Quite a few people there think "more stuff happening in a panel = better", without thinking that the chapter have too much stuff, without letting any of it breath or have the proper reaction from the reader

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 pm

EGonzo wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:51 pm
The Bastard. wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:09 am

Lol I saw that. Quite a few people there think "more stuff happening in a panel = better", without thinking that the chapter have too much stuff, without letting any of it breath or have the proper reaction from the reader
Yeah... They are clearly fans and I find the comic okay too, but it's going downhill, the only way to salvage this is the next chapter, and I have a feeling Bra will just receive a stern look and people will forgot and the great heroine will lead the way

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:32 pm

this manga is getting boring and boring!!!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:07 am

Meh. More inconsequential OCs (that are only tangentially related to a named character, from the movies no less) to make Salagir's prized horse look better, I guess.