How do you feel about SS4 Gogeta nowadays?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: How do you feel about SS4 Gogeta nowadays?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:54 am

I still consider him to be the most powerful being in franchise (not counting high tier deities like Zeno and angels). Sorry, but no other character displayed such high power to me by doing basically nothing. Not even UI Goku.

Talking about character, i think he deserved a bit more screentime. I liked his design and personality. The only problem i have is that Big Bang Kamehameha didn't look strong at all despite almost killing Omega Shenron. No wonder why pretty much all games give him BBK X100 or other bullshit and make this attack way more outstanding.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:28 am
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:07 pmThe minus energy came back later and was easily dissipated by the genki dama.
Having to use the Genki dama shows how hard it is to get rid of the energy.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:33 pm Is there any reason why Gogeta couldn't just obliterate Omega Shenron immediately? Am I missing something? Was Omega invincible until the evil energy was nullified? Honest question, I haven't watched GT in so long.
Gogeta was pushing him into using his strongest attack so he could turn it into positive energy and reverse the damage he and the other dragons did to the planet.
Why go through all of that, when he could've just obliterated Omega in 20 seconds then used the namekian dragon balls to restore the Earth (the namekian dragon balls were not as overused as the earthling ones)?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:51 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 amWhy go through all of that, when he could've just obliterated Omega in 20 seconds then used the namekian dragon balls to restore the Earth ?
Because we'd have 3 less episodes. I think the problem with that is it'd prevent us from getting the ending we got with Goku "dying".

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:55 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:51 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 amWhy go through all of that, when he could've just obliterated Omega in 20 seconds then used the namekian dragon balls to restore the Earth ?
Because we'd have 3 less episodes. I think the problem with that is it'd prevent us from getting the ending we got with Goku "dying".
Obviously, but "because plot" doesn't excuse a character acting stupid.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:57 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:55 am
Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:51 am
Obviously, but "because plot" doesn't excuse a character acting stupid.
They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. They wanted fusion and they wanted Goku to get the kill and move on to wherever Shenron took him. The problem is that both can't be done properly, so fusion got the short stick.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:03 pm

I always wondered how come he couldn't kill Omega with his first BBKHH. He wasn't holding back anymore, the dragon had already taken a lot of damage and was panicking, but only lost the DBs, he was still standing, flying, fucking laughing, he didn't even look that hurt, so what gives? It just made him look not-as-strong as he was actually supposed to be.

This character suffered from the same kind of hit-and-miss GT suffered throughout it's run. His plan was flawed and his full power wasn't enough to finish the job, all in the name of he-is-not-getting-the-win-because-Goku-is. A failed attempt to copy what Gotenks and Vegito did in Z.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:03 pm he didn't even look that hurt, so what gives?
He did. Goku was sure he could beat him on his own and he was very tired as well as we saw in next episode. And at this point he probably lost Super Full Power boost as he didn't seem much different from Vegeta in power and they were somehow holding their own against Syn with 6 dragon balls only. Base Syn at his full power almost killed SSJ4 Goku with single blast.

I'm not really sure why Gogeta didn't kill him. Maybe Omega was stronger than they thought, maybe regeneration saved him in last moment. Maybe despite willing to kill him at that point, they still weren't going all-out thinking there is no need. Omega was tough as hell as even SFPS4 dragon fist barely made it through while base kid Goku had no problem against Super 17 who was way above regular SSJ4 at his peak.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:47 pm

I have mixed feelings about Gogeta. Generally speaking he is nice, but his personality is a bit weird and his participation in the arc is very rushed.

Also, I like his design, but at the same time I don't think SS4 make sense, whether in concept or execution. And the hair makes him look like someone different than "Gogeta".

Goten_jr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goten_jr » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:51 pm

I love his Design and Personality but he had easily the most boring Fight out of all Fusions even including Majoob

Underscore_Johny

Post by Underscore_Johny » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:37 pm

I don't like how he was basically given Vegito's personality, you could tell pretty easily the difference between Gogeta in Fusion reborn and Vegito in the Buu arc due to how they acted. Vegito toyed with his opponent while Gogeta took no chances and destroyed Janemba pretty much instantly. Making SSJ4 Gogeta play around with Omega is completely different to how he acted in the movie. At least Super understood this, choosing to keep their personalities the same as they had been in Z, so I much prefer SSB Gogeta to his SSJ4 equivalent.
My YouTube channel (for all things related to Dragon Ball music): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8u5b- ... hh72ZLKsQ/

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 am

I was never that wild about him or Vegito. Fusion in general annoys me though I find Gotenks a fun character.