"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Murjin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm

The fact they we don't see what's going on before the final page, must mean something big has happened. Even with Goku UI stomping on Moro, there must have been a change to the battle scene to make Goku UI say what he said. Hope it's cool!

Trek405

Post by Trek405 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm
Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pmAnd if the above is true it sounds totally irresponsible for Goku to do something that dumb with someone so dangerous
Well, it really depends on exactly why he's doing it - if it's for the reasons Merus reflects on in Chapter 63, then it's perhaps naive, but it would be characteristic. However, we won't be getting an answer on that in this Chapter.
Perhaps that was a bit of foreshadowing now that you mention but only putting it a chapter before feels like cheating a little.

It’s very possible Goku can still win with this change but Ill find it disappointing like he is being rewarded for a bad decision.
This tbh. If it turns out goku is failing to finish off moro asap for whatever reason i hope there are some consequences. If vegeta instantly pays dearly for making the same played out mistake from RoF it would be a very annoying if goku got let off the hook.

Obviously we can't say for sure right now but considering beerus' concern i wonder how it'll go down.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:01 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm It’s very possible Goku can still win with this change but Ill find it disappointing like he is being rewarded for a bad decision.
With Beerus sensing that something bad is coming.. slim chamces.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:01 pm
Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm It’s very possible Goku can still win with this change but Ill find it disappointing like he is being rewarded for a bad decision.
That something bad must be coming from Goku. Might have something to say about the whole Merus thing. Probably has a bone to pick about that and is leaving Moro to the back-burner(bad idea bad idea bad idea bad idea).
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Trek405 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 pm
This tbh. If it turns out goku is failing to finish off moro asap for whatever reason i hope there are some consequences. If vegeta instantly pays dearly for making the same played out mistake from RoF it would be a very annoying if goku got let off the hook.

Obviously we can't say for sure right now but considering beerus' concern i wonder how it'll go down.
If This does happen, then someone better pick up that phone because I totally called it in my Last Chapter Predictions for the end of the arc.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm

But it’s just so stupid either way. It’s funny people don’t want UI to run out but that would have been more satisfying way to make Goku lose. Have UI run out by no fault of Goku’s but have Goku do enough damage that Goku with the help of Vegeta could still beat Moro in the end

Having Goku lose because of a bad decision is not satisfying to me and have him win because of a bad decision is also not satisfying for me. So either way this is going to go disappoints me. And I was already disappointed what they did with Vegeta’s role.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm
But it’s just so stupid either way. It’s funny people don’t want UI to run out but that would have been more satisfying way to make Goku lose. Have UI run out by no fault of Goku’s but have Goku do enough damage that Goku with the help of Vegeta could still beat Moro in the end

Having Goku lose because of a bad decision is not satisfying to me and have him win because of a bad decision is also not satisfying for me. So either way this is going to go disappoints me. And I was already disappointed what they did with Vegeta’s role.
But that’s just a repeat of the TOP.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:55 pm

We know Krillin is there with Senzus so Moro will probably just steal them

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 pm

HeroR wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:36 pm
Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm

But that’s just a repeat of the TOP.
Yeah I guess you are right but it would still be better than Goku messing up at this point

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 pm

My guess is that we'll get Gokuu challenging Beers on the spot, the battle still landing in Beers' favor but Moro managing to absorb both of their ki. Then, Vegeta saves the day in his seventeenth battle with Moro.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 pm

It's OBVIOUS what happen.
Goku should KILL Moro, but refuse and decide to do a fair duel, like earthling does (we does?). Beerus had a bad feeling about (in other terms: he want for Goku to end the battle right now, but Goku do the Goku thing).

He give a sentzu to Moro (checkov gun of Crilin), they fight, Moro get beaten hard, Vegeta come in and defuse all of his extra power to the point of the first Moro appearance (old goat). Moro get jailed by Jaco. Final gag, laughters.

For those lamenting how silly could be for Goku to spare Moro at this stage, when exactly Goku avoid to take unnecessary risk when confident of his strenght? He put entire universes to the verge of extinction for that.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm I wonder why Beerus is like 'Boy I'm worried now..' For some reason. DO you think he's talking about the change of attitude Goku is having or the battle itself?
The change of attitude from Goku. Beerus made the statement at the very end of the chapter. After Goku already put a smacking on Moro.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:08 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am Oh you mean how Merged Zamasu FELT less of a threat than Goku Black and Future Zamasu operating together??? Yes, I agree! These two felt way more threatening and effective against our heroes then Merged Zamasu did in the Anime at least...
Huh? The heroes pretty much exhausted themselves and they could only hurt half the face of Zamasu. Vegetto actually had to put effort in fighting him and still lost.

Infinite Zamasu in the anime is a real existence ending thread as oppose to the manga version.

The manga ruined Fused Zamasu/Black/Zamasu.
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm Jesus Christ, I hope the anime streamlines this arc.
Don't worry. Toei will fix it.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:33 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:08 am
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm Jesus Christ, I hope the anime streamlines this arc.
Wasn't your idea of fixing this arc to add more fan service for the humans and maybe change one or two lines of dialogue? Streamlining the arc would involve doing the opposite. This arc will probably be 20 something episodes in the anime but won't feel as long since it would be released at four episodes a month vs one chapter. I hope Toei doesn't try to stretch it out even more though.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am Oh you mean how Merged Zamasu FELT less of a threat than Goku Black and Future Zamasu operating together??? Yes, I agree! These two felt way more threatening and effective against our heroes then Merged Zamasu did in the Anime at least...
Huh? The heroes pretty much exhausted themselves and they could only hurt half the face of Zamasu. Vegetto actually had to put effort in fighting him and still lost.

Infinite Zamasu in the anime is a real existence ending thread as oppose to the manga version.

I mean, obviously I don’t include Infinite Zamasu (Universe merged) I guess I should have clarified that better. In the Manga, even a mere SSJ Blue Goku (perfected version ofcourse) was already on par with this “all powerful FUSION”.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:13 am

Indeed, I love how Fused Zamasu in the anime gave Vegito a challenge unlike every other villain who fought a fusion before. In comparison the manga is boring and shallow, Vegito just steamrolls Fused Zamasu in a complete rehash of Buu arc.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Is anyone else getting Freeza vibes? And not in the good way? Goku stomps him, asks Jaco if he's still on the death penalty in the GP, Jaco says yes, and that's when Goku says he's going to fight as an Earthling and Beerus says he has a bad feeling. Are they playing up the 'Goku will spare him' plot point?

Also, this chapter puts to rest the debate of "Is UI a power up or technique?"

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:40 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am I mean, obviously I don’t include Infinite Zamasu (Universe merged) I guess I should have clarified that better. In the Manga, even a mere SSJ Blue Goku (perfected version ofcourse) was already on par with this “all powerful FUSION”.
And that's why the manga version sucks. They made Zamasu lame.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:48 pm

Why would Goku even spare Moro? This is a pure evil monster who wants to devour the entire universe and even challenged the Gods. Don't give me the "Goku doesn't want to kill people" argument, because he is more than willing to kill those that he perceives as beyond redemption. In the Future Trunks arc, he decides that Zamasu is beyond his redemption and must be defeated at all costs if the world is to be at peace. And Zamasu at least had redeeming qualities, Moro is pure evil, there's no way Goku spares him.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:00 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:48 pm Why would Goku even spare Moro? This is a pure evil monster who wants to devour the entire universe and even challenged the Gods. Don't give me the "Goku doesn't want to kill people" argument, because he is more than willing to kill those that he perceives as beyond redemption. In the Future Trunks arc, he decides that Zamasu is beyond his redemption and must be defeated at all costs if the world is to be at peace. And Zamasu at least had redeeming qualities, Moro is pure evil, there's no way Goku spares him.
The same argument could be made for why would he spare Freeza? Which was essentially Space Hitler and did far worse damage to Goku than Moro has. Both with the genocide of his race (even if he didn't care about it) but also killing Krillin, nearly killing Piccolo and Gohan, etc. Yet Goku let him live.

If Toyo wasn't setting up Goku sparing Moro, then it wouldn't make sense for Goku to quit the Galactic Patrol after asking Jaco if Moro still had the death penalty, and Jaco confirming that. Also Beerus' "I don't have a good feeling about it." It's not a choice I agree with or one I'm defending mind you, just what appears to be the current plot point being set up.