DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:19 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:44 pm It summarises how seriously DBZA took itself towards the end that Mr. Popo's power level is now being discussed.
As Lani explained at points, though, they were going to make it more in the vein of seasons 1 & 2 tone-wise when they were still writing it. Personally, I'm sad that we couldn't see Season 4 just for that aspect of their evolved comedic standards returning in full force rather than trying to balance the seriousness & comedy more, which, I can understand why people think there were tone issues in Season 3. There were at points, but I don't think the increased seriousness itself was bad.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

DBTurnip

Post by DBTurnip » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:58 pm

Scsigs wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:19 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:44 pm It summarises how seriously DBZA took itself towards the end that Mr. Popo's power level is now being discussed.
As Lani explained at points, though, they were going to make it more in the vein of seasons 1 & 2 tone-wise when they were still writing it. Personally, I'm sad that we couldn't see Season 4 just for that aspect of their evolved comedic standards returning in full force rather than trying to balance the seriousness & comedy more, which, I can understand why people think there were tone issues in Season 3. There were at points, but I don't think the increased seriousness itself was bad.
Sadly, it would have suffered the same way the OG Buu arc did.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:22 pm

DBTurnip wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:58 pm
Disagree. I think their version would make the tonal shifts less abrupt & their version would make more sense.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm

DragonShortZ Episode 4: Yamcha Strikes Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGm-3LQEs4k

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:15 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm DragonShortZ Episode 4: Yamcha Strikes Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGm-3LQEs4k
I miss the old abridged. :(

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:16 pm

I'm really glad to see that Yamcha got a real proper win here. TFS, Toei, and Toriyama have been beating the loser joke over our heads for a long while now, so it's just nice to see a no-strings-attached victory for the bandit.

He's probably one of the richest men on Earth now, what with owning all of Hetap.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:36 am

I think this is the best of the ShortZ, both in terms of writing, and animation. Really great work on this one.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:19 pm

And while it has nothing to do with DBZA or DragonShortZ, I like that this latest episode and Masokox's Dragonball R&R Episode 4 both focused on Yamcha moving on with his life post baseball. One was handled with more comedy, one was handled with more drama, but in both Yamcha finally Earned His Happy Ending. Good stuff.

edit: Wow, Yamcha episode was Episode 4 for both series.' funny coincidence.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:44 am

DBTurnip wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:58 pm
In various conventions, some people asked, why Mr Popo didnt do anything against Saiyans or Cyborgs, and i think Lani always answer with "He doesn't care, he just look down from Lookout and goes...hah!" so i can believe this version of Popo can easily defend himself against SSJ Goten and Trunks and not being scared of Buu :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:15 pmI miss the old abridged. :(
We all do, mate... we all do.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:46 pm

not DBZA but...

https://www.facebook.com/teamfourstar/v ... 631913870/

I dont know if this is another of the X-mins thingis or something more?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:59 am

DBZA Movie Marathon Charity Stream (+DRAGON SHORT PREMIERE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYpxfHfOGA

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:16 pm

DragonShortZ Episode 5: DTF -
https://youtu.be/eFJFRDHDIVg

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Isn't Comet Camori in the South Galaxy? Why would it be anywhere near Earth?

Then again, this same video had a grocery store on Earth named after a villain who's never been there and that no one will hear of for years...

Also it's funny that he considered fighting Tenshinhan, but Krillin, the only person actually willing to fight him, he didn't even consider.

Also I wonder why he didn't try to track down 17.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 pm

If 18 wasn't wanted for murder before that short, she definitely is now.

Also, anyone wondering why Krillin is wearing one of her brother's shirts? What do those crazy kids get up to?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:22 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 pm If 18 wasn't wanted for murder before that short, she definitely is now.

Also, anyone wondering why Krillin is wearing one of her brother's shirts? What do those crazy kids get up to?
I bet Krillin MURDERED Juan Sanchez D:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:59 pm

They missed a joke of Yamacha wanting to fight Vegeta and Vegeta ignoring him despite had desperate he is for an fight.

Kuririn and 18 are always funny.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm

I get the feeling that TFS returning to DBZ Abridged for the Buu arc is an inevitability at this point. The endless pressure to do Bojack was what tipped them over the edge. hope they focus on polishing other projects like that Dieseldust thing but they can't leave the Dragon Ball characters alone. What's funny to me though is that they've taken a lot of characters in totally different directions now they're having to make their own footage. I can't imagine #18 in the actual Abridged show verbally murdering Vegeta like that. Still, this is one of the funnier ones they've made, and I like the jumpier frame rate for the animation. Makes it feel more, well, anime-y.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:09 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pmI get the feeling that TFS returning to DBZ Abridged for the Buu arc is an inevitability at this point.
Don't jinx it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:33 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pmI get the feeling that TFS returning to DBZ Abridged for the Buu arc is an inevitability at this point.
One way I can see them doing it to avoid getting burned out again is to simply release one or two episodes a year, maybe every Christmas and a day in June.