"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm Does anybody remember those cinematic cutscenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfl5bX4MQiA

Is there a chance they could make the next game look like that, or would it still fry any machine that tries to play it?
Possibly, depending on how they play with the filters & shaders with the engine for the next game, or if they find a new one to use.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm Does anybody remember those cinematic cutscenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfl5bX4MQiA

Is there a chance they could make the next game look like that, or would it still fry any machine that tries to play it?
Possibly, depending on how they play with the filters & shaders with the engine for the next game, or if they find a new one to use.
Frankly, the cinematics from DBO just feel more Dragon Ball to me. If an entire game looked like that, it'd be great. And that came out in 2010. Still a shame it never got an official global release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyMx1YjekBY
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:30 am

Zelvin wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 pm

Frankly, the cinematics from DBO just feel more Dragon Ball to me. If an entire game looked like that, it'd be great. And that came out in 2010. Still a shame it never got an official global release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyMx1YjekBY
If they switch to UE4 or 5, they could probably do that, yeah. Look at Kingdom Hearts 3.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:30 pm

That's good to hear, but I'm still kind of worried. I heard that glossy, plastic style they went for XV1 and 2 was a stylistic choice by the producer.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 am

Even tough it is a crap game, Ultimate Tenkaichi still looks better than what XV did so far... and that is sad. More so, that XV2 is basically PS3 era game visually :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:11 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 am Even tough it is a crap game, Ultimate Tenkaichi still looks better than what XV did so far... and that is sad. More so, that XV2 is basically PS3 era game visually :(
The environment destruction UT had should have been a norm going forward.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:09 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 am Even tough it is a crap game, Ultimate Tenkaichi still looks better than what XV did so far... and that is sad. More so, that XV2 is basically PS3 era game visually :(
Even Legends looks better, and I heard it shares its assets with Xenoverse.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:03 pm

I'd honestly love another Budokai game made on current-gen tech with a good story mode & an expanded combat system based off of Budokai 2 & 3's system. Budokai 2 & 3, especially 3 HD, still look phenomenal, especially compared to XV 1 & 2.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:11 am The environment destruction UT had should have been a norm going forward.
Assuming they've been working on XV3, I can only hope the game looks more like this shader wise. Also, considering the power of the PS5, surely they can make many more things possible now.

Letting destruction/damage on maps from beams or explosions actually stay. Allowing mountains or large buildings to actually be taken down upon impact.

Throughout the years I put together a huge wishlist of things I'd like to see in XV3, so who knows. For all we know they're sticking with the same style and not changing anything graphics wise :lol:

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:25 pm

I would love for them to lean into the MMO/co-op elements of the game. I picked up XV again after a long layoff and had a great time playing. There is a lot they can do to improve the game and I really hope we get that XV3 announcement for the next gen. The game did too well not to have another sequel
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 am

dualist wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:25 pm I really hope we get that XV3 announcement for the next gen. The game did too well not to have another sequel
It'll more than likely be cross gen like XV1 was.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 am

We could see something tomorrow at the tgs 2020.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:30 am

Gt91 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 am We could see something tomorrow at the tgs 2020.
Eh, I feel like if we were gonna hear something tomorrow, they'd have teased it beforehand like they did Xenoverse 2
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:16 am

Gt91 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 am We could see something tomorrow at the tgs 2020.
I think Jump Festa is more likely.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 am

So one time on this thread, I've heard someone say that the music for this game isn't good. And I feel like that's one of the least talked about things about this game. So... let's start a little discussion about the soundtrack of Xenoverse 2! What are you guys' thoughts on it? I personally really like it. There are a couple of stinkers here and there, but there's so much more songs that go from vibin' to absolute BANGERS than there are stinkers that overall makes this a solid soundtrack. (Battle Music 34 is easily my favorite track. FIRE!!!) Now you guys' thoughts!
Caulifla best girl! :)

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:40 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 am So one time on this thread, I've heard someone say that the music for this game isn't good. And I feel like that's one of the least talked about things about this game. So... let's start a little discussion about the soundtrack of Xenoverse 2! What are you guys' thoughts on it? I personally really like it. There are a couple of stinkers here and there, but there's so much more BANGERS than there are stinkers that overall makes this a solid soundtrack. (Battle Music 34 is easily my favorite track. FIRE!!!) Now you guys' thoughts!
Besides the one you linked and Beerus' theme (I liked that one), it was very forgettable.

In my opinion the biggest offense was the opening cinematic. Almost every other game had these nicely made intros and even went through the extra effort of making a song just for the opening, but Xenoverse 1 just slaps on a song made 2 years before and gives it the art direction of some cheaply made filler episode; and it somehow managed to be better than the one Xenvoerse 2 had.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:25 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 am So one time on this thread, I've heard someone say that the music for this game isn't good. And I feel like that's one of the least talked about things about this game. So... let's start a little discussion about the soundtrack of Xenoverse 2! What are you guys' thoughts on it? I personally really like it. There are a couple of stinkers here and there, but there's so much more songs that go from vibin' to absolute BANGERS than there are stinkers that overall makes this a solid soundtrack. (Battle Music 34 is easily my favorite track. FIRE!!!) Now you guys' thoughts!
Wasn't bad. Just, as was said, kind of forgettable. DBX1, the one song I remember from it, was the rock version of "Cha la Head cha la" by Flow. I, in fact, bought that song on itunes a while back. I still enjoy it. :thumbup:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:56 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 am Assuming they've been working on XV3, I can only hope the game looks more like this shader wise. Also, considering the power of the PS5, surely they can make many more things possible now.

Letting destruction/damage on maps from beams or explosions actually stay. Allowing mountains or large buildings to actually be taken down upon impact.
I agree with the map destruction, but I think Ultimate Tenkaichi's shading would be a step in the wrong direction.

I was thinking it should take after the cutscenes they used for Xenoverse 2, but now I'm leaning more towards a better/cinematic version of RB1 since it looks more like the anime.

KirbyTheGamer

Post by KirbyTheGamer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:19 am

I had the lite edition but not ps+ so i deleted it

KirbyTheGamer

Post by KirbyTheGamer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:22 am

I also heard that Tien doesnt take damage from Kamehamehas, is this true?