My Attempt to Improve the Orange Bricks

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: My Attempt to Improve the Orange Bricks

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:26 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:43 pm That doesn't even look like an Orange Brick screenshot. It loos more like the Season BD to me. It's a way too blue for those episodes, and not only that, but it's half the resolution and heavily compressed, so what's even the point?

Here's an actual Orange Brick screenshot from one of the overly bright Season Two episodes (where brighter details are crushed)"

And here is my correction of it:

Now, if this was a screenshot of Gohan, then his skintone would still be gone. However, most people act like all of Season Two is this bright, when in reality it's only about 4 or 5 of the entire set. It never should have happened, and I'm not defending it, but I honestly think most of Season Two looks pretty decent:
Thats pretty impressive

Trachta10
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trachta10 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:49 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:43 pm That doesn't even look like an Orange Brick screenshot. It loos more like the Season BD to me. It's a way too blue for those episodes, and not only that, but it's half the resolution and heavily compressed, so what's even the point?

Here's an actual Orange Brick screenshot from one of the overly bright Season Two episodes (where brighter details are crushed)"

And here is my correction of it:

Now, if this was a screenshot of Gohan, then his skintone would still be gone. However, most people act like all of Season Two is this bright, when in reality it's only about 4 or 5 of the entire set. It never should have happened, and I'm not defending it, but I honestly think most of Season Two looks pretty decent:
that looks very good :thumbup:

JustAlex1997
Beyond Newbie

Post by JustAlex1997 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:37 am

Because people seemed to like this, I made another one. This one is of Nappa and Vegeta. The "dim" issue is once again present as I couldn't seem to improve it this time without significant downgrades. Still, I hope you'll like this one as well.

Funimation's remaster:
My remaster:

JustAlex1997
Beyond Newbie

Post by JustAlex1997 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 am

And here's one last one before I go to bed. It's another Vegeta. This one is simply amazing to me considering how the original seemed impossible to save. I think you'll really like this one.

Funimation's remaster (yes, seriously):
My remaster:

Trachta10
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trachta10 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:24 am

JustAlex1997 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 am And here's one last one before I go to bed. It's another Vegeta. This one is simply amazing to me considering how the original seemed impossible to save. I think you'll really like this one.

Funimation's remaster (yes, seriously):
My remaster:
my attempt

Lightningexpose
Banned

Post by Lightningexpose » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:00 pm

Is this a meme thread?

JustAlex1997
Beyond Newbie

Post by JustAlex1997 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Lightningexpose wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:00 pm Is this a meme thread?
No. It would only be one if I said I could fix them.

JustAlex1997
Beyond Newbie

Post by JustAlex1997 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Here's two more I did.

Funimation's remaster:
My remaster:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funimation's remaster:
My remaster: