"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:12 am

KirbyTheGamer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:22 am I also heard that Tien doesnt take damage from Kamehamehas, is this true?
He has. Super soul which stops em but I don't know if any of his presets have it. Presumably his custom mentor can.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:29 pm

Why didn't Xenoverse have any of those cutscene attacks like the previous Dragon Ball games? I used to think it was because of that real-time combat, or because people might complain about players spamming it online, but then the last 3 Dragon Ball games showed you could keep the real time combat and the ultimate moves.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:28 pm

I started playing this again and noticed there's one more UI Goku version, they just added Divine Kamehameha which is the one vs Kefla. I have no idea since when this is here, but I wish they had done the same with Jiren (shirtless or some other move) and Broly (with the armor, I mean it's right there)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 am

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:28 pm I started playing this again and noticed there's one more UI Goku version, they just added Divine Kamehameha which is the one vs Kefla. I have no idea since when this is here, but I wish they had done the same with Jiren (shirtless or some other move) and Broly (with the armor, I mean it's right there)
The Ultra Instinct Goku one is pretty new. And if timed well, can counter any ki ultimate and ignores the super armor on the caster.

There's also been a number of new additions. Like being able to customize Future Trunks, Tapion, Super Broly, SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta, etc.

Though the unlock depending on RNG with Raids.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:29 pm Why didn't Xenoverse have any of those cutscene attacks like the previous Dragon Ball games? I used to think it was because of that real-time combat, or because people might complain about players spamming it online, but then the last 3 Dragon Ball games showed you could keep the real time combat and the ultimate moves.
I have read somewhere in interview, that it is because of the tag team gameplay and also to make the fights faster and not take away the focus from gameplay...
What I am really missing are proper character intros and outros. But I remember back in the day, that I was impressed by seeing the gameplay in the first teaser with Goku against Kid Buu, as Goku was doing flips and was more lively and didn't feel stiff, that it looked like the kind of fight we see in the series and not just limited set of animations on stiff model. But that was at the end of PS3 era... the game got old really fast and I still think, that XV1 had better gameplay and wasn't so broken with the stamina... still hate to have stamina broken during super attack, but you can't do that to AI on PQ.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:34 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:29 pm Why didn't Xenoverse have any of those cutscene attacks like the previous Dragon Ball games? I used to think it was because of that real-time combat, or because people might complain about players spamming it online, but then the last 3 Dragon Ball games showed you could keep the real time combat and the ultimate moves.
It's because there can be several people on the stage at all times and so to not have a Tenkaichi Tag Team situation where during Rush Attacks people just disappeared entirely or the action stopped everything just became real time.

Kinda sucks for 1v1 fights and local multiplayer but what can you do.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:26 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 am
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:28 pm I started playing this again and noticed there's one more UI Goku version, they just added Divine Kamehameha which is the one vs Kefla. I have no idea since when this is here, but I wish they had done the same with Jiren (shirtless or some other move) and Broly (with the armor, I mean it's right there)
The Ultra Instinct Goku one is pretty new. And if timed well, can counter any ki ultimate and ignores the super armor on the caster.

There's also been a number of new additions. Like being able to customize Future Trunks, Tapion, Super Broly, SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta, etc.

Though the unlock depending on RNG with Raids.
Oh, we can customize Super Broly? that sounds great, how do I do that? can we put the armor on the guy so he can fight like that or is it only for non-fighting related missions?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:01 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:26 am Oh, we can customize Super Broly? that sounds great, how do I do that? can we put the armor on the guy so he can fight like that or is it only for non-fighting related missions?
You have to do special Raids and hope 1 of 10 Customization Keys drops. With this Key you can go to the Customization Robot that usually just works for all Mentors + Fuu. Now you can change the Gear Color, Super Soul, Stats and Moveset of the Character in Question. But you can't change the Outfit itself. It's also random which Key you get (for example: Key 1 is for SSJ4 Gokuu) and the more Keys you have the lower the Key Drop Rate gets. Also you need Time Patrol Medals (a lot) to unlock anything besides the Default things.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Xaroc wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:01 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:26 am Oh, we can customize Super Broly? that sounds great, how do I do that? can we put the armor on the guy so he can fight like that or is it only for non-fighting related missions?
You have to do special Raids and hope 1 of 10 Customization Keys drops. With this Key you can go to the Customization Robot that usually just works for all Mentors + Fuu. Now you can change the Gear Color, Super Soul, Stats and Moveset of the Character in Question. But you can't change the Outfit itself. It's also random which Key you get (for example: Key 1 is for SSJ4 Gokuu) and the more Keys you have the lower the Key Drop Rate gets. Also you need Time Patrol Medals (a lot) to unlock anything besides the Default things.
Oh, thanks, I'll give it a try later

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Quebaz wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:34 am It's because there can be several people on the stage at all times and so to not have a Tenkaichi Tag Team situation where during Rush Attacks people just disappeared entirely or the action stopped everything just became real time.
MCDaveG wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 am I have read somewhere in interview, that it is because of the tag team gameplay and also to make the fights faster and not take away the focus from gameplay...
Then why not make it so it can only be activated when almost all of the enemies are dead and the last one is a hit away from being defeated? That's how Dragon Ball Legends does their Legendary finishers; they can even add a skip option for multiplayer.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:15 pm
Quebaz wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:34 am It's because there can be several people on the stage at all times and so to not have a Tenkaichi Tag Team situation where during Rush Attacks people just disappeared entirely or the action stopped everything just became real time.
MCDaveG wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 am I have read somewhere in interview, that it is because of the tag team gameplay and also to make the fights faster and not take away the focus from gameplay...
Then why not make it so it can only be activated when almost all of the enemies are dead and the last one is a hit away from being defeated? That's how Dragon Ball Legends does their Legendary finishers; they can even add a skip option for multiplayer.
I don't know... but that's the least of this game's problem. I was just poppin' the game in yesterday after a long time just to try the new UI Goku and hyped up by the big roster, went on to versus to recreate some anime fights... it's horrible. Stamina breaks and just mindless pummeling.
You can't even pull an ultimate attack to enjoy it if they were any cinematics you suggest... did few fights, one PQ that I hadn't finished where you fail when they kill Vegeta who is super weak... turned the game off and will probably never touch it again :crazy: :lol:

I am happy that I have at least FighterZ for a DB gaming experience.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Are the characters from the cinematic cutscenes just regular models touched up, or are they different ones made specifically for the clips?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:41 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 pm Are the characters from the cinematic cutscenes just regular models touched up, or are they different ones made specifically for the clips?
Specifically for the clips.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:41 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:36 pm Are the characters from the cinematic cutscenes just regular models touched up, or are they different ones made specifically for the clips?
So if I dug deep enough, could I find them?

Follow up: How good would they look if somebody managed to get them close to how the models in Raging Blast 1 were shaded?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:55 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 pm

Follow up: How good would they look if somebody managed to get them close to how the models in Raging Blast 1 were shaded?
There's probably a number of mods already out there (on PC) for it that could give you just as good, if not better, graphics.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:55 pm

There's probably a number of mods already out there (on PC) for it that could give you just as good, if not better, graphics.
I can't find any that look better than the cinematic cutscenes, but the real problem with these shading mods is that the maps are all still realistically textured and it makes everything look out of place.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:40 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:09 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:55 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 pm So if I dug deep enough, could I find them?

I can't find any that look better than the cinematic cutscenes, but the real problem with these shading mods is that the maps are all still realistically textured and it makes everything look out of place.
Can't really help ya. I'm on the Xbox.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:25 am

I doubt the models are in the game, pretty sure they're pre-rendered by another team. Think like Cinematic trailers MMO's get.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:07 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:25 am I doubt the models are in the game, pretty sure they're pre-rendered by another team. Think like Cinematic trailers MMO's get.
Isn't Xenoverse a different story? Those cutscenes the MMOs get are like something you would see in a high budget movie; it's like they blew most of their budget for those trailers. The Xenoverse scenes are well done, but it definitely seems like something regular Dimps could make with a bit of time.

Come to think of it, The CG-scenes on XV2 look like DQ11, and both that game and Xenoverse 2 run on the same platforms.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:07 pm
Kanassa wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:25 am I doubt the models are in the game, pretty sure they're pre-rendered by another team. Think like Cinematic trailers MMO's get.
Isn't Xenoverse a different story? Those cutscenes the MMOs get are like something you would see in a high budget movie; it's like they blew most of their budget for those trailers. The Xenoverse scenes are well done, but it definitely seems like something regular Dimps could make with a bit of time.

Come to think of it, The CG-scenes on XV2 look like DQ11, and both that game and Xenoverse 2 run on the same platforms.
I wasn't comparing them in quality and budget, just in method. Xenoverse's are definitely far cheaper than those big budget trailers, but they're similar in that they are produced outside of the game itself. Most likely reason why they don't use them for the game is that Xenoverse's engine can't handle having those sorts of shaders and effects for in-engine cutscenes and rectifying that is too expensive.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017