"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 am
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:50 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am Oh good lord. Well lets hope Moro doesn't stick around for much longer. He's probably gonna pull a Cell and self destruct soon.
He's...he's a planet now...
Well, we're fucked. Is he literally gonna eat everyone now? Not sure how anyone's gonna fight that. How do you fight the planet without blowing it up? Because if they blow Moro up, everyone is gonna die except Beerus and Whis, who are just gonna stand there like 'WTF'.
Posterity tags:

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am

Big fat Moro, Is this the second coming of Cell?

Planet Moro? :? This reminds me of Universal Zamasu.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:12 am

I don't think even Beerus can do anything about this. I mean, if he destroys the planet, everyone will die. How the hell are they supposed to kill Moro without bringing in a greater problem like Zeno, who will probably erase universe 7 as a whole if he found out what happened? This is getting ridiculous writing wise. Also, how do you do spirit fusion on the damn planet?
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13 am

Venus wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am Big fat Moro, Is this the second coming of Cell?

Planet Moro? :? This reminds me of Universal Zamasu.
According to DBShype, the title for next month's chapter is :shock: . I hope Moro isn't going to be the star of the next arc as well, where he becomes a threat to the entire multiverse or something.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 am

People who have read the chapter are saying it’s actually orettty good except the Goku stint.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am

Kinokima wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 amPeople who have read the chapter are saying it’s actually orettty good except the Goku stint.
Goku's shit is kind of a big deal, he's the main character after all. It doesn't help that he hasn't been written well to begin with in this revival.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:01 am

Pretty disturbing turn of events here. I think whoever has been comparing this arc to Cell deserves credit. I'm seeing a few too many parallels to that villain and arc for my liking -- which is odd because initially the Galactic Patrol arc had the makings of Daimou and Freeza rolled into one. Now Moro has even achieved a comparable state to Goku's Ultra Instinct a la Merus' powers.

Could the Mafuba dislodge Moro from the planet or Vegeta with his Spirit Fission? It looks as though that event comes before Moro emerges from the smoke with a pristine new coat of white fur and lining on his face.

Edit: If I got the order of events wrong then I apologise.
Last edited by Lionel on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 am

Lionel wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:01 am Pretty disturbing turn of events here. I think whoever has been comparing this arc to Cell deserves credit. I'm seeing a few too many parallels to that villain and arc for my liking -- which is odd because initially the Galactic Patrol arc had the makings of Daimou and Freeza rolled into one. Now Moro has even achieved a comparable state to Goku's Ultra Instinct a la Merus' powers.

Could the Mafuba dislodge Moro from the planet or Vegeta with his Spirit Fission? It looks as though that event comes before Moro emerges from the smoke with a pristine new coat of white fur and lining on his face.
This is worse cell arc tbh.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 am

I feel like this arc has been going on for 5 years, and the only thing that does not feel like filler is the UI stuff with Merus.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 am

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:09 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am
Kinokima wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 amPeople who have read the chapter are saying it’s actually orettty good except the Goku stint.
Goku's shit is kind of a big deal, he's the main character after all. It doesn't help that he hasn't been written well to begin with in this revival.
I am just commenting on what others have said about the chapter not my own feelings about it

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:09 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 am Image
This is so sad it makes me want to cry

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:10 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 am
Lionel wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:01 am Pretty disturbing turn of events here. I think whoever has been comparing this arc to Cell deserves credit. I'm seeing a few too many parallels to that villain and arc for my liking -- which is odd because initially the Galactic Patrol arc had the makings of Daimou and Freeza rolled into one. Now Moro has even achieved a comparable state to Goku's Ultra Instinct a la Merus' powers.

This is worse cell arc tbh.
Toyotaro has rehashed the whole "Moro evolution" concept too much, if you ask me. It's overstayed its welcome. I feel like he should have been brought down sometime around when Vegeta appeared with perhaps another source to power him up or, at the latest, with his post-Seven-Three absorption and Goku/Vegeta working together to defeat him.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:14 am

Lionel wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:10 amToyotaro has rehashed the whole "Moro evolution" concept too much, if you ask me. It's overstayed its welcome. I feel like he should have been brought down sometime around when Vegeta appeared with perhaps another source to power him up or, at the latest, with his post-Seven-Three absorption and Goku/Vegeta working together to defeat him.
I definitely agree. This fight should've been over last month, yet somehow he's now a...planet. I can't even imagine where this arc is going at this point.
EGonzo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:09 amThis is so sad it makes me want to cry
It amazes me how many aspects of previous material he copies into his own. I can accept a little here and there but this arc has gone overboard with it.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 am

I agree. Moro should have died by now before this ever happened.

Now he's the planet....how do DESTROY him without nuking everyone?

This arc is awful, like a discount cell writing wise. Like its dragged out and Moro keeps getting powers to justify his prolonged survival. What's next? He pulls a Zamasu and devours the universe?

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 am

I think my main problem with Moro is that copying others isn't actually HIS ability, but it seems to be the focus of his character now
If default Moro had the neck touch thing as a magic attack then it would be better IMO
Last edited by ShaggyBlanco on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 am

"Hey Toyotaro-kun, you know what really turns me on? Plagiarism! :D"

- Akira Toriyama
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:23 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 amWhat's next? He pulls a Zamasu and devours the universe?
Don't give them any ideas.
theherodjl wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 am "Hey Toyotaro-kun, you know what really turns me on? Plagiarism! :D"

- Akira Toriyama
At this point I think Toriyama just gives his approval on anything that goes his way, as if he was seriously correcting things this much copying wouldn't get passed him.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:33 am

It sounds like Moro can’t control the Angel powers so to me if does sound like he will destroy himself

Not sure if Goku knew this would happen or not but I am thinking not

Edit: Okay after reading the ending of the chapter I guess I could possibly see a way for it to be a Goku/Vegeta team up. To me that is the best care ending scenario. Someone needs to get Moro out of the Earth (Vegeta) and then Goku can destroy him.
Last edited by Kinokima on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:34 am

Now that Moro is the planet, how do they kill him now? Destroying the planet is suicide since in the process they'll be killing themselves. Unless you can spirit fission the planet I don't see how they can remove Moro from Earth's crust.