"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am

DBShype just posted the full summery.

GOKU TELLS MORO TO GO TRAIN SO THEY CAN FIGHT AGAIN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!! IS HE SERIOUS ? this was after he tried to kill him after taking the senzu bean. Jaco tells Goku to finish him already, but he says he wants to be sure he can't be reformed.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:38 am

Okay.

Thanks, I hate it! :thumbup:
Last edited by Ziegander on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:38 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:34 am Now that Moro is the planet, how do they kill him now? Destroying the planet is suicide since in the process they'll be killing themselves. Unless you can spirit fission the planet I don't see how they can remove Moro from Earth's crust.
I assume you can because spirit fission is literally taking things apart

The thing to me isn’t that it can’t be done but that they won’t want it to be too predictable and I almost feel Vegeta using spirit fission to take Moro out of the Earth is predictable
Last edited by Kinokima on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:40 am

Goku is a retard.

This is all I have to say after reading the summary.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:43 am

Goku can't kill Moro without destroying the planet, and if Moro loses control of his power, the galaxy could blow up. I guess all that matters is Goku got the chance to literally beg Moro to change...because.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:44 am

So the summary makes it seem like this is more of Goku being a battle maniac than actually believing Moro can be reformed. Not a fan, but given his characterization in this series I feel this is pretty consistent.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am DBShype just posted the full summery.

GOKU TELLS MORO TO GO TRAIN SO THEY CAN FIGHT AGAIN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!! IS HE SERIOUS ? this was after he tried to kill him after taking the senzu bean. Jaco tells Goku to finish him already, but he says he wants to be sure he can't be reformed.
This is character assassination. What the hell are they doing? Why are they trying to write Goku like he has the IQ of 5? How many times does Moro need to attempt to kill Goku for him to understand he's beyond redemption? He's tried to kill Goku like 10 times already.

Might as well make Goku a sociopath who gives two fucks about the lives of everyone around him at this point.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:46 am

Kodoshin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:44 am So the summary makes it seem like this is more of Goku being a battle maniac than actually believing Moro can be reformed. Not a fan, but given his characterization in this series I feel this is pretty consistent.
Moro isn’t even an impressive warrior. He literally steals powers from others.

Using Moro as the villain for Goku to do this with: Pure Evil, not a true warrior is to me the dumbest part

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 am

I'm disappointed Angel-Moro lasted so short..
the whole bomb part was unneeded, I'd rather have it be one of his magic techniques

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 am

Either Goku is a stupid hypocrite or Toyotaro can't remember his own damn writing (maybe both):

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:50 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 am Either Goku is a stupid hypocrite or Toyotaro can't remember his own damn writing (maybe both):

This is clearly a fan translation no way did Goku say that last line lol

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 am Either Goku is a stupid hypocrite or Toyotaro can't remember his own damn writing (maybe both):
As someone who's been a major fan of Toyotaro, he's lost all credibility for me.
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 amThis is character assassination. What the hell are they doing? Why are they trying to write Goku like he has the IQ of 5? How many times does Moro need to attempt to kill Goku for him to understand he's beyond redemption? He's tried to kill Goku like 10 times already.

Might as well make Goku a sociopath who gives two fucks about the lives of everyone around him at this point.
I'm honestly speechless at this point. I never, ever thought I'd completely give up on modern DB, but this is it for me. That's not to say I won't keep up with its events, but there's no way I can invest $$$ with this kind of writing, much less read/watch it again. I've been holding off on buying it in hopes of seeing some kind of improvement, but things are just getting worse. I can't even imagine what kind of nonsense we'll get next month.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 am

This is a lose-lose scenario until they can separate Moro from the planet. Blow him up and they all die, he loses control his powers the universe dies. They're fucked either way and they don't have that much time.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 am

Actually I'm not sure why this is supposed to be such a tense or dramatic moment. The solution is so simple:

1) Fly to space;
2) Destroy the Earth with one ki blast;
3) Gather the Namekian Dragon Balls and wish everyone back except Moro.

It really isn't hard to find a way out of this mess... Even if they have to wait some time, the solution is clear, it's not like it's a hopeless or utterly bleak scenario.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Can you guys count how many chances Moro has gotten at this point? I lost count.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:50 am This is clearly a fan translation no way did Goku say that last line lol
The line about Black remains the same in the official VIZ translation.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:04 pm

And now Merus's death was completely pointless and a waste of a character. Literally, Merus's work was undone and Moro is now capable of fucking over the galaxy now that he's merged with earth.

Even if I didn't like Merus, that was fucking dumb. Honestly I think the only way they could justify that was if Merus didn't actually die but was transported to the Grand Minister as a surprise lesson.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm Can you guys count how many chances Moro has gotten at this point? I lost count.
3 at this point.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:09 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 am Actually I'm not sure why this is supposed to be such a tense or dramatic moment. The solution is so simple:

1) Fly to space;
2) Destroy the Earth with one ki blast;
3) Gather the Namekian Dragon Balls and wish everyone back except Moro.

It really isn't hard to find a way out of this mess... Even if they have to wait some time, the solution is clear, it's not like it's a hopeless or utterly bleak scenario.
'
or Whis moving time 3 minutes back before it happens
But such a rehashed ending wouldn't be liked by anyone

Still an in-universe option though.