"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:01 pmCorrect me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the point of Moro voreing 73 and getting Vegeta's moves that it made him basically immune to Vegeta's new technique? Or, at least, that he could counter it?
It made it so Moro could also separate fused beings, but he himself can still be separated as well.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:03 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:01 pm
Lord Beerus wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:18 pm It seems like to me that this whole scenario with Moro merging with the Earth was set up specifically for Vegeta to use his Spirit Fusion technique.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the point of Moro voreing 73 and getting Vegeta's moves that it made him basically immune to Vegeta's new technique? Or, at least, that he could counter it?
No it made him stronger than Vegeta so Vegeta couldn’t touch him. He isn’t immune to spirit fission

Anyways to me a possibility is everyone will have to distract Moro, Vegeta separates, Goku finishes

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:05 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:03 pmAnyways to me a possibility is everyone will have to distract Moro, Vegeta separates, Goku finishes
I'd like to see Beerus fight him alone while Goku holds a full powered Kamehameha to blast him the minute Vegeta separates him from earth.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:15 pm

I am just going to say I personally don’t hate this scenario if the characters have to work together to beat Moro, if that is how it turns out and not some dumb twist/deus ex machina ending which I still partially expect . I personally like so much more than UI Goku beats Moro or even Vegeta beats Moro on his own.

The only thing I dislike is they had to make Goku make such a dumb mistake to lead us here. They could have made Moro steal the power of Merus without Goku giving him a Senzu. They could even have said this healed him. I’d be fine with that. It would have been no fault of Goku’s just dumb luck which would have worked so much better.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:15 pmThe only thing I dislike is they had to make Goku make such a dumb mistake to lead us here. They could have made Moro steal the power of Merus without Goku giving him a Senzu. They could even have said this healed him. I’d be fine with that. It would have been no fault of Goku’s just dumb luck which would have worked so much better.
I'd be far more forgiven if this wasn't Goku's fault. With that said, I'm willing to partially look past it if they manage to end things on a high note, not with some Zeno button nonsense.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 am
TheMikado wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:39 pmHe made the mistake in thinking that the opposite of chasing Goku was to get lax.
This is the one thing I disagree with you on. Vegeta was able to overpower not one, but two Ssjs when he fought Gohan and Goten. Baby picked him as his main body over the other Saiyans, including Goku. During the fight with Super 17, Vegeta outlasted everyone else by far, including Uub who's the reincarnation of Buu.

You could say that if he kept up his training, why didn't he have Ssj3 at that point ? He says why during the fight with Kid Buu, it's too unreliable. He skipped the Grade 3 form Trunks used for that same reason. Based on the above examples, he clearly kept up his training and perfected his base and Ssj2 forms. But what about Ssj4 you ask, why didn't he try to reach it before Super 17 showed up ? I believe he was trying, as Bulma told him she may have figured it out when he tried to follow Goku, implying that they were working on it beforehand.
Lax may be the wrong word here, but he certainly wasn’t hellbent in reaching new levels of power. For me it was more like he was working out to maintain his same levels of power versus trying to achieve power gains. He still believes in staying strong as evidenced by saying he felt Goten and Trunks were getting soft. I just don’t think he was as worried about surpassing Goku or dramatically improving in strength.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 pm

TheMikado wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:27 pmI just don’t think he was as worried about surpassing Goku or dramatically improving in strength.
At that point the only new level known to him was Ssj3, which he called useless, so he instead focused on the forms he already had.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Beerus should be doing his job here. We got a dude right now who is tapping into powers far beyond his station and threatening a whole section of the universe. What's the Hakaishin doing about it??? "I'm just going to sit here and watch while the situation escalates even though I've already expressed concern and let an Angel fade away in the process."
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:36 pm

theherodjl wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 pm Beerus should be doing his job here. We got a dude right now who is tapping into powers far beyond his station and threatening a whole section of the universe. What's the Hakaishin doing about it??? "I'm just going to sit here and watch while the situation escalates even though I've already expressed concern and let an Angel fade away in the process."
It's time for Beerus to accept Goku and Vegeta as his equals and work with them to take Moro down.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Beerus needs to step up, because the entire galaxy is fucked if Moro isn't killed.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Neither Beerus nor Whis are going to do anything. They are entirely pointless and irrelevant in Super at this point, which grates on me.

Maybe I'll get proven wrong, but I very highly doubt it.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:58 pm

If they have to destroy Earth instead of just using Spirit Fission, then it will release the next arc's villain...
Seriously though, I hate power creep.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Ziegander wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:56 pm Neither Beerus nor Whis are going to do anything. They are entirely pointless and irrelevant in Super at this point, which grates on me.

Maybe I'll get proven wrong, but I very highly doubt it.
Whis I don’t want to do anything. He is too powerful of a character also Angels can’t get involved

Beerus we never see him fight with his true power. Assuming he can’t just annihilate Moro because UI Goku should be stronger than I am fine with him getting involved

But personally I kind of wish Beerus and Whis were written out of the story. I love their characters but I don’t want “help from the Gods” to be part of the story and you have to write dumb scenarios where they won’t get involved now. At least now we know Whis can be erased so there is that.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:01 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:58 pmSeriously though, I hate power creep.
I think it's necessary to advance the kind of story DB is telling, but it shouldn't be as fast as it's been. It was never this crazy in the original run.

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 pm

If I may bump a fellow user's insightful comment for a moment:
Jack Bz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 pm 2: saying that Goku tells Moro to "go away train to fight again later" is so so so disingenuous, and people are looking to be get angry. That just isn't the case at all. Goku doesn't give Moro the option of not going to prison, and actually decides to kill him. Goku bringing up training is used to make clear to Moro where he went wrong, and he just voices his disappointment in Moro's methods. Learn to read.
As much as I'd hate to interfere with the angry ranti- I mean, fair and rational analysis of the latest chapter leaks, I feel I'd be remiss in allowing the above comment to be ignored and buried in the sea of outrage discussion. I feel like it's important that accurate information be used as the basis for discourse over outright lies fabricated to keep everyone as angry as possible misinformation that may not accurately represent what's going on.

As for me, I will not be giving my thoughts on the chapter - at least not until the whole thing is officially out and fully (professionally) translated and I urge others to do the same. While all we have are leaks, many in the community are keen to sow as much discord as possible in the name of their... vested interests.... rather than accurately relaying truthful information. Be patient. Stay informed. Wait for the official release.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:12 pm

Beerus annihilating Earth after all of the trouble the Z-Warriors went through to preserve it in tandem with the Hakaishin's own sitomaniacal cravings for its food supply would be slapped with a good dose of irony as they're having to sacrifice the source of their desires and affections in order to quell the galaxy spanning devourer.

I hope ever so much that there be some type of ramification here for Goku's absurdity but I know that has little chance of panning out. About the only ones interested in accountability or who even try to keep a character's past actions in context is someone like Tenshinhan. How can he mete out some accountability against Goku? The man can't even decisively subdue a nondescript henchman whom Goku easily dispensed with in one blow without any transformations.

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:34 pm

I am actually completely dumbfounded as to how they managed to screw this arc so bad.... its incredible, this almost feels like goku black arc but way worse.
The start of the arc had so much promise, a villain with magical powers and not brute strength, something so unique and fresh and new, it was very very intriguing, very promising, it had HUGE potential.
The first part was also very interesting, getting to know his magical powers and all that.
Then by the mid part some things started taking some odd turn of events, but it still looked pretty decent all together.
Then in the last part, some last chapters, the way and direction everything went into is absolute d*g cr*p...

At the start the arc was 9.5/10 with huge potential.
Middle part was like 7.5/10
But this last part is absolutely horrible, I wouldnt even give it a 2 out of 10, and I'm really honest, sadly.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:38 pm

Can we get a spoiler free thread if people are going to avoid using spoiler tags?

The drafts arent a major issue as they're released to build hype and are released specifically to set up a twist or something so it leads to speculation. Right now though i've had to avoid reading the majority of about 5 pages because people are talking about the end of a chapter that doesnt come out til tomorrow.

It would be nice to have a thread specifically for leaks for a bit of stricter control on the actual spoilers.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:44 pm

JewyB wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:38 pm Can we get a spoiler free thread if people are going to avoid using spoiler tags?

The drafts arent a major issue as they're released to build hype and are released specifically to set up a twist or something so it leads to speculation. Right now though i've had to avoid reading the majority of about 5 pages because people are talking about the end of a chapter that doesnt come out til tomorrow.

It would be nice to have a thread specifically for leaks for a bit of stricter control on the actual spoilers.

I never read these 'summaries', i think they are too insane spoilers.

Why even bother to read the chapter if you have basically read the whole script and seen a lot of the key panels?
It kinda takes away a lot from the surprise elements and enjoyment that are still in each chapter.
Seriously considering on avoiding the panel-spoilers too.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Rebel Instinct wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 pmI feel like it's important that accurate information be used as the basis for discourse over outright lies fabricated to keep everyone as angry as possible.
I don't know what's inaccurate about saying Goku was nearly begging this goat to change his ways. Even after lying to him and attacking, he still tries to reason with Moro. You've got Jaco who probably hasn't seen a fraction of what Goku's seen telling him it's not going to work. At this point in his "career", Goku should not be acting this way, he knows better.