Theory on U6 saiyans power.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nodeo-Franvier

Theory on U6 saiyans power.

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:50 am

U6 Saiyans are much more powerful than their U7 counterpart, my theory is that they mastered the power of Great Ape for while in base hence no longer needing tails.

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Theory on U6 saiyans power.

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:55 am

Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:50 am U6 Saiyans are much more powerful than their U7 counterpart, my theory is that they mastered the power of Great Ape for while in base hence no longer needing tails.
I think it was just divergent evolution, there's no visual flair like with Broly.

We also know U7 saiyans do no grow back after reaching a certain power so it could just be they are all strong enough that it never appears? But that'd be unlikely for the babies and stuff.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Nodeo-Franvier

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:21 am

But they are strong enough to render SSJ3 Goku fodder just with FPSSJ.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:05 pm

Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:21 am But they are strong enough to render SSJ3 Goku fodder just with FPSSJ.
Ehh let's not start that one again.

It's not true in the manga for sure.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:25 pm

I personally still subscribe to the idea that they came to utilize their latent Great Ape power without the need to transform, and then this ended up diluted over time into their natural state.

Now, only a rare few mutants like Kale can attain the legendary full potential of this Great Ape power, though it's slightly different from Broly due to differences in evolution between the different versions of Saiyans.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 am

My own theory is that they are so strong because they simply had to be for the post Buu saga standards of power.

The same reason why Freeza's power was updated, or 17's...

They had to keep up somehow.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 am My own theory is that they are so strong because they simply had to be for the post Buu saga standards of power.

The same reason why Freeza's power was updated, or 17's...

They had to keep up somehow.
We know that to be the case 100%. The lore around them isn't so compellingly written for this to make a lot of sense. I can kind of buy it with Cabba since he's some sort of Galactic Peacekeeper. Still, this is the "in-universe" forum so we can suspend our disbelief to come up with theories.

U6 power does come from the plot, but as Toby said, the in-uni explanation seems to be a divergent evolution aka Toriyama-san doesn't want to draw tails anymore.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:50 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:05 pm
Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:21 am But they are strong enough to render SSJ3 Goku fodder just with FPSSJ.

I mean the manga uses the RoF movie within it's continuity, and in the movie their base forms were most definitely way above SSJ3 had previously been.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:06 am

BagetaSama wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:50 pm

I mean the manga uses the RoF movie within it's continuity, and in the movie their base forms were most definitely way above SSJ3 had previously been.
It doesn't though. The Freeza fight happened but we don't see how it went. He doesn't absorb the god ki in BoG in the manga so he just couldn't have fought as well against that Freeza in base.

Toyos one chapter of the begining of rof, which was just the advertisement for the film continuity, predates his main super manga start. So while this shows a little of Base Goku Vs final form Freeza this by definition pre dates the no god in base retcon.
February 21st, 2015
Vs June 20, 2015

However even that contains some changes, which toriyama is fine with/likes him doing. So we have no way of knowing what post manga bog manga RoF actually looked like.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:56 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:06 am
BagetaSama wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:50 pm

It doesn't though. The Freeza fight happened but we don't see how it went. He doesn't absorb the god ki in BoG in the manga so he just couldn't have fought as well against that Freeza in base.

Toyos one chapter of the begining of rof, which was just the advertisement for the film continuity, predates his main super manga start. So while this shows a little of Base Goku Vs final form Freeza this by definition pre dates the no god in base retcon.
February 21st, 2015
Vs June 20, 2015

However even that contains some changes, which toriyama is fine with/likes him doing. So we have no way of knowing what post manga bog manga RoF actually looked like.
.....yes it was just an advertisement for the film continuity. As in, it's literally just an advertisement and isn't meant to be a part of any continuity, it literally only exists to be promotion for the manga. And how exactly would this even work in the continuity, where we literally don't know what happened in the final fight of an arc?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:08 am

I'm saying that the exact events of the film are not in the manga continuity because they don't fit.

The promo manga up until the Goku Vs Freeza fight is the closest thing to what it would look like if it had a manga arc.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:10 am

TobyS wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:08 am I'm saying that the exact events of the film are not in the manga continuity because they don't fit.

The promo manga up until the Goku Vs Freeza fight is the closest thing to what it would look like if it had a manga arc.
We can't just have a series where we have no idea what happened in one of the arcs. You can't just say "this arc happened, but we have no idea what happened in it." And the PROMOTIONAL manga doesn't attempt to be its own continuity, it literally only exists to promote the movie.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:15 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:10 am
TobyS wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:08 am I'm saying that the exact events of the film are not in the manga continuity because they don't fit.

We can't just have a series where we have no idea what happened in one of the arcs. You can't just say "this arc happened, but we have no idea what happened in it." And the PROMOTIONAL manga doesn't attempt to be its own continuity, it literally only exists to promote the movie.
We can and we do.
The promo manga was written by the same dude, that's why I said it's the closest to what he would write for the 'real thing'.

But ultimately with RoF and Broly we don't know what they look like.
You can reasonably assume Broly was identical if we want as it's made by toriyama and not contradicted.
Whereas the RoF anime and movie don't work. Base Goku versus Freeza doesn't work in the manga continuity.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:43 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:15 pm

We can and we do.
The promo manga was written by the same dude, that's why I said it's the closest to what he would write for the 'real thing'.

You can reasonably assume Broly was identical if we want as it's made by toriyama and not contradicted.
Whereas the RoF anime and movie don't work. Base Goku versus Freeza doesn't work in the manga continuity.
Not at all relevant that it was written by the same dude. There's zero reason to think that, a very incomplete promotional manga for the movie, is to be used as a replacement for the movie that IS completed, especially when the manga ONLY EXISTS to draw more attention to the movie. And no, a story's continuity cannot work when we literally have a story arc prior to it that is incomplete. If we went to the Namek arc, and knew what happened with the Raditz fight but not with Nappa/Vegeta, the Namek arc could not function.

You're just arbitrarily claiming that it doesn't work, despite it being obvious that Toyo is using RoF as part of his continuity just as he is with DBS Broly, making an exception for RoF is totally arbitrary. RoF was also made by Toriyama, and you haven't brought up anything to suggest it is contradicted. Even if it is contradicted, its the only option we have, an incomplete manga is not a valid option.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:57 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:43 pm
TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:15 pm
We can and we do.

Not at all relevant that it was written by the same dude. There's zero reason to think that, a very incomplete promotional manga for the movie, is to be used as a replacement for the movie that IS completed, especially when the manga ONLY EXISTS to draw more attention to the movie. And no, a story's continuity cannot work when we literally have a story arc prior to it that is incomplete. If we went to the Namek arc, and knew what happened with the Raditz fight but not with Nappa/Vegeta, the Namek arc could not function.

You're just arbitrarily claiming that it doesn't work, despite it being obvious that Toyo is using RoF as part of his continuity just as he is with DBS Broly, making an exception for RoF is totally arbitrary. RoF was also made by Toriyama, and you haven't brought up anything to suggest it is contradicted. Even if it is contradicted, its the only option we have, an incomplete manga is not a valid option.
That's completely absurd that's like saying z doesn't make sense because we have Gohan bit we never saw Goku and Chichi fucking. Stuff happens off screen.

It was just a promo manga, but he did things a little differently which if his sole purpose was to advertise the movie he'd have followed the events to a T.

He put his own spin on events to the stuff leading up to Freeza versus Goku. There's no reason to assume it wouldn't be the same events that occurred in the otherwise unseen Toyo version of rof.

Why would he advertise RoF with different events and then do his own otherwise different story with the same events. That makes no sense and if you are honest you know it.