Would Goku actually give Thanos the infinity stones?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Would Goku actually give Thanos the infinity stones?

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:51 pm

I mean, I know Goku isn't the brightest person but I don't think he'd knowingly give Thanos the stones if he knew what he'd do with them. Like the guy seriously thought Zeno wouldn't erase the losing universe in the ToP, he thought it was a normal tournament and forgot he was dealing with a genocidal child god. Like I've seen jokes/memes where Goku gives the stones over in exchange for a 1v1 fight with Thanos, but do you think he'd actually go through with it?

Maybe if he didn't know what he intended to do, no if he does. Honestly I think the only person who'd give him the infinity stones will full knowledge would be Cell arc Vegeta(Android 18 getting absorbed was basically his fault and he was basically a sociopathic bastard who didn't care for anyone other than himself until Future Trunks was offed).
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Re: Would Goku actually give Thanos the infinity stones?

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 pm

If he understood that with the Infinity Stones, Thanos would be so powerful (and evil) he wouldn't even need to fight, Goku definitely wouldn't do it, he's not that dumb... I hope. He understands that beings like Zeno and Daishinkan are at that level of untouchable supremacy where they could kill him with a glance so he has the common sense to not challenge them. Also, I can't say Goku's exact policy on weapons or artificial upgrades but he generally seems to prefer opponents to be naturally strong, and at the very least fightable.

I could only see Goku maybe being curious about the Power Stone for obvious reasons, but that's the limit. Reality, Space, Mind... you can't punch those, so he won't be interested.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:43 am

He'd probably give him the power stone if he felt beating on him was too easy otherwise.

But beyond that if told he'd get zeno like powers and wipe out half the universe without them having a fair fight he'd be against it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 am

I think it's a coin toss when it comes to original story Goku, as he's shown multiple times that he values human life, but he also gave Cell a senzu bean. If I had to say one way or another, I'd say no. Despite making mistakes, I think he's smart enough to realize that such a thing would come at too high of a cost.

Modern/Super Goku ? He'd sacrifice 10 multiverses if it meant getting a good fight.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:10 pm

If someone explained to him that they were as precious as his grandfather's Dragon Ball, then I think he'd guard them seriously.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:01 pm

No because he’d understand that Thanos would be getting an artificial upgrade.. Which is something, Goku himself isn’t a fan of.

It’d be like letting Freeza use the Dragon Balls.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:55 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:01 pm No because he’d understand that Thanos would be getting an artificial upgrade.. Which is something, Goku himself isn’t a fan of.

It’d be like letting Freeza use the Dragon Balls.
Yeah, I get Goku's not the smartest but I'm pretty sure if someone said,"Goku, if you give Thanos those stones he'll wipe out half the universe and we'll all get fucked' he'd probably not do it unless they decide to write Goku as a sociopath for some reason.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account

Post by UI Peter » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:19 am

Classic Goku? No

Modern Goku? Yes smh

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:50 am

No; Cell arc Vegeta would do that. Goku wouldn't, but would let him go and tell him to train on his own.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 pm

Given Thanos the stones is comparible to giving someone the dragon balls. Goku would not allow it.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:07 pm

Depends if it is pre moro arc or post moro arc Goku

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:21 am

Thanos in the movie didnt really seem that powerful even with the gauntlet. It is also really hard to equate power levels between the two worlds, as tech still holds a place in the MCU where as nearly all power scaling in DBZ ignores tech completely. So, Thanos wanting to solve the universe's population problem is very much in line with a god of destruction's job. If that is what Goku understands as Thanos' ultimate goal, i think he would definitely give up the stones to test thanos' power. Shenron being around really takes away any oomph that killing half the world might illicit, as Earth has been destroyed several times in the series.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:43 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 pmGiven Thanos the stones is comparible to giving someone the dragon balls. Goku would not allow it.
I agree, giving Thanos those stones or the dragon balls would be just as bad as giving someone like Moro a Senzu bean, a mistake Goku is far to smart to make. :roll:

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:09 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:43 am
Anonymous Friend wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 pmGiven Thanos the stones is comparible to giving someone the dragon balls. Goku would not allow it.
I agree, giving Thanos those stones or the dragon balls would be just as bad as giving someone like Moro a Senzu bean, a mistake Goku is far to smart to make. :roll:
So, I've not read the manga (I assume this has something to do with the manga), but giving a senzu is different than giving someone the dragonballs to make a wish. The most a senzu can do is completely heal you. I mean, he gave one to Cell. I don't see him giving some villain a free wish for anything. Isn't the Broli movie about them stopping Freeza from using the balls or something?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063