"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:23 am

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:19 amAnyway, you like GT, it really is a matter of opinions
The difference is that I call it out on its flaws, unlike a lot of Super fans who literally defend everything it does.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:43 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:23 am
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:19 amAnyway, you like GT, it really is a matter of opinions
The difference is that I call it out on its flaws, unlike a lot of Super fans who literally defend everything it does.
that is, anyone can be more tolerant or critical depending on the person, some can change their opinions in hindsight etc

moro arc i don't like it and fnf currently neither

but I still like BofG anime, U6 arc anime, Top Arc anime and Zamasu arc manga and broly movie

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:39 pm

When I said reboot, I didn't mean series with Uub as MC, or whatever, but a completely new anime adaptation of Dragon Ball manga with new (younger) voice actors, and changes which will make certain parts more acceptable in 2020s.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Psajdak wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:39 pm When I said reboot, I didn't mean series with Uub as MC, or whatever, but a completely new anime adaptation of Dragon Ball manga with new (younger) voice actors, and changes which will make certain parts more acceptable in 2020s.
That probably won't happen until at least Masako Nozawa dies in the next 10 years or so.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Is there a chance that whatever they registered the domain for is going to showcase something the new arc has cooked up instead of the movie or another anime?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:28 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pm Is there a chance that whatever they registered the domain for is going to showcase something the new arc has cooked up instead of the movie or another anime?
For all we know, the domains could be for nothing at all. Domains named things like "Dragon Ball Official" would be prime targets for domain squatting, where random unrelated parties buy brand-related domains in order to re-sell the domains to the brand owners at high prices. It's a whole legal process to get the domains back when domain squatting happens, so it's easier for the brand owners to just buy the domains themselves right away even though they don't have a use for them. This isn't really my field, but I think that should be mostly accurate.
In short, the domains can be for everything, anything and nothing.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pmIs there a chance that whatever they registered the domain for is going to showcase something the new arc has cooked up instead of the movie or another anime?
We'd have a better idea had it been registered by Toei or Bandai, but due to it being registered by Shueishia (however you spell it), it could be anything from a new movie to a new dish set.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pm

The Moro arc has been here for 2 years so why hasn't Bandai made anything yet? At first I thought they were waiting for it to end, but SDBH spent the entire ToP arc spoiling things, including how it ends. Are they legally obligated to wait until the anime covers Moro or is it just a choice or something?
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pmIs there a chance that whatever they registered the domain for is going to showcase something the new arc has cooked up instead of the movie or another anime?
We'd have a better idea had it been registered by Toei or Bandai, but due to it being registered by Shueishia (however you spell it), it could be anything from a new movie to a new dish set.
Didn't the Broly movie have its own website? If it did then who registered it? That could give us a better idea on what to expect with what's happening now.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:48 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 pmDidn't the Broly movie have its own website? If it did then who registered it? That could give us a better idea on what to expect with what's happening now.
Toei did, but due to this being registered by the main right holders, it could literally be anything with DB's name on it.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 pm We'd have a better idea had it been registered by Toei or Bandai, but due to it being registered by Shueishia (however you spell it), it could be anything from a new movie to a new dish set.
Shueisha is the top dog in DB rights holding, so it really could be nothing in the literal sense of the word. I agree with Alruneia.

It's not even particularly new. Nintendo buys up every related-sounding domain they can get their hands on just to prevent unaffiliated parties from obtaining them, so people learned to stop getting excited over that kind of stuff in the industry years ago.
Formerly Marlowe89.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:30 pm

Did they already announce the stuff we'll see at Jump Fest?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:39 am

Stages are listed here: https://www.jumpfesta.com/stage/
Only VJump properties announced so far are Boruto and Dragon Quest.

I think the latest we could have to wait to learn if there will be a stage or a panel would probably be a few weeks before Jump Festa.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:46 am

Chuquita wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:39 amI think the latest we could have to wait to learn if there will be a stage or a panel would probably be a few weeks before Jump Festa.
I remember last year they announced 2 dragon ball panels really late, so we could get something a few days before.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:39 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:46 am
Chuquita wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:39 amI think the latest we could have to wait to learn if there will be a stage or a panel would probably be a few weeks before Jump Festa.
I remember last year they announced 2 dragon ball panels really late, so we could get something a few days before.
I hope so. Even if all we get is an announcement that something (movie or series) is coming eventually. I'd be happy to have a new animated db project to look forward to.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:30 am

I can’t read japanese. But wasn’t Jump Festa all the way near the end of December.. The 21st???

Why do people think that we could get news any day now?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 am

The DB app's stage (for Legends?) is at 11am on the 20th.

https://www.jumpfesta.com/amusement/

The next stage event that follows it--for DQ-- doesn't start until 12:30.

Whether that means they're gonna fill up that whole hour and a half somehow I don't know.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:10 am

Chuquita wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 am The DB app's stage (for Legends?) is at 11am on the 20th.

Whether that means they're gonna fill up that whole hour and a half somehow I don't know.
Could it be possible there's an hour break between ?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:58 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:10 am
Chuquita wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 am The DB app's stage (for Legends?) is at 11am on the 20th.

Could it be possible there's an hour break between ?
Probably. It seems like too long a time to be covering only Legends.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:20 am

There is no need for a Dragon Ball Super booth to announce something. The Dragon Ball Super movie was announced in the Super Dragon Ball Heroes booth by Akio Iyoku. In fact the only thing that was announced at a Jump Festa and the arc Universe Survival.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:54 pm

head_cha_la wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:20 am The Dragon Ball Super movie was announced in the Super Dragon Ball Heroes booth by Akio Iyoku.
What could they tell us? Are there restrictions to what we're allowed to ask?