Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:31 pm

So, she goes from feeling glee at wiping out friends and family, and then suddenly feels bad about it?

No, Salagir. You made your little pet into a a full blown psychopath. And to a lesser extent, Vegitto too. Trying to walk it back with this weak crap is just... :problem:

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:31 pm

coola wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 am Main problem with this fanmanga, is Salagir attempt to make Dragon Ball more dark, edgy and hardcore, with is why we have:
- Characters acting OOC (Gohan turning into cocky jerk on Namek in Ginyu/Freeza universe, Vegeta wanting to hurt Pan to trigger Gohan etc.)
- Brutality and violence boosted to ridiculous level (Mostly in specials, but main manga had its moments too)

And in my opinion, it doesnt work for Sonic, it won't work in Dragon Ball :)

I have the same exact critique, it's just extremely edgy which just makes even more jarring the extense list of OOC moments everywhere, it's just annoying and at this point the only relation with DB is the IP lmao.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:19 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:31 pm So, she goes from feeling glee at wiping out friends and family, and then suddenly feels bad about it?

No, Salagir. You made your little pet into a a full blown psychopath. And to a lesser extent, Vegitto too. Trying to walk it back with this weak crap is just... :problem:
And let's not forget that it wasn't the slaughter of her friends and family that brought her down. No, it was getting called a basic bitch. Yeah, sorry, no, her tears feel extremely out of character, especially after the flashback chapter we just had where she doesn't give a shit about having murdered her brother. She should be crying about being so mentally weak that a punk like Babidy was able to control her.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:03 am

Unsurprisingly, the comments section on that page is a warzone.

Most of the people commenting are anti-Bra, and say she shouldn't be forgiven, and that they don't feel sorry for her. They're adamant that has to undergo some form of punishment for her crimes.

On the other hand, the much smaller pro-Bra brigade is going off at the anti-Bra brigade, saying they lack sympathy and don't understand the themes of Dragon Ball, citing how characters like Piccolo and Vegeta were redeemed and no one had an issue with all the evil shit they did. They also defend Bra by claiming she was brainwashed, and as such wasn't in control of her actions.

Personally, I'm with the first group. Salagir has made such a thoroughly unlikable OC, and has been shoving her in our faces for more than a year, slowing the story's pace to a crawl just to focus on her. That, combined with his shallow attempts to make us feel sorry for her, partly by flanderising a fan favourite character in Vegetto, makes me even less receptive to the idea.

Also, I don't agree with the Piccolo and Vegeta comparisons. Aside from Piccolo trying to kill Goku and having the desire to take over the world, he never did anything evil. Vegeta does have a long list of abhorrent crimes, but unlike Son Bra, he was pretty much sold into slavery as a child, and it was the only life he'd ever known. He was indeed an unlikable jackass through most of DBZ, and his actions as a Majin were also reprehensible, but he knew what he was doing was wrong, and he tried to atone for it by giving his life to stop Buu, despite knowing he wouldn't get to keep his body in the afterlife. Shenlong also deemed him to not be evil later on, further solidifying his redemption.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:49 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:35 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:54 pm Vegetto goes to kill Bra and Goku and Gohan confront him. Vegetto becomes the monster he predicted Bra will be.
Is. The monster she is. She killed several people without remorse, and only stopped because someone called her passive. I'm on Vegito's side. She's too dangerous. He should have done something about her a long time ago. If you can't kill her, Mafuba her and leave her on a desolate planet.
Parent of the year right here I see.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:24 am

Slangh wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:05 pm Why would Bra care all of a sudden? Being called 'passive' was the thing that broke her free, not the sudden realization that killing your own family is a terrible thing to do. Vegetto taught her as a kid that the Dragon Balls will just fix death. She killed Goten, destroyed a whole planet and all she got from Vegetto was "come home on your own and wish everyone back. Also I'll kill you when you get stronger lol."
Well I mean, I get it - she was possessed and doing evil shit. Of course that wouldn't register. But it was when someone attacked the core of WHY she was able to be corrupted that the spell broke. Her inferiority complex and narcissistic desire for power was what responded to Babidi's magic.

(The problem of course, was the ham-fisted way it happened but the idea is sound, at least.)
TheGodfather93 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:03 am Also, I don't agree with the Piccolo and Vegeta comparisons. Aside from Piccolo trying to kill Goku and having the desire to take over the world, he never did anything evil. Vegeta does have a long list of abhorrent crimes, but unlike Son Bra, he was pretty much sold into slavery as a child, and it was the only life he'd ever known. He was indeed an unlikable jackass through most of DBZ, and his actions as a Majin were also reprehensible, but he knew what he was doing was wrong, and he tried to atone for it by giving his life to stop Buu, despite knowing he wouldn't get to keep his body in the afterlife. Shenlong also deemed him to not be evil later on, further solidifying his redemption.
Bleh, I can't really buy the "sold into slavery" excuse for Vegeta. The Saiyans are as a whole, violent savages and Vegeta did the things he did because he liked it. He just hated doing it for Frieza.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:38 am

She’s right, she can’t be forgiven.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:56 am

I don't know where I am on Bra anymore. As I see it, she didn't accept evil into her heart when the massacre happened. But if the flashback is any indicator, it wouldn't be too long until she likely would become the villain she's obviously been built to be, just not at that moment.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:11 pm

I personally believe that Bra is an awful character, but believe she deserves redemption rather than punishment. The characters like in a universe where death is almost meaningless due to several sets of dragon balls, so as long as she earnestly recognizes her mistake, then she has earned her redemption. Hopefully after some much needed narrative comeuppance, though.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:26 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:11 pm I personally believe that Bra is an awful character, but believe she deserves redemption rather than punishment. The characters like in a universe where death is almost meaningless due to several sets of dragon balls, so as long as she earnestly recognizes her mistake, then she has earned her redemption. Hopefully after some much needed narrative comeuppance, though.
FoolsGil wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:56 am I don't know where I am on Bra anymore. As I see it, she didn't accept evil into her heart when the massacre happened. But if the flashback is any indicator, it wouldn't be too long until she likely would become the villain she's obviously been built to be, just not at that moment.
Yeah she's now seen the road she'd gradually go down if left to her own devices in her own universe.
She needs to repent and make herself useful. But the power gaps in this series are weird.

If Zen Buu, Vegito or perhaps XXI are the final big bad, I don't see how people like Goku and Future trunks are gonna be able to push her over the edge into winning.

So I think we'll seem them go somewhere else with it.

I wonder if she can still use SS2 now she's not Majin, because otherwise isn't she only a tiny bit below ultimate Gohan level in SS1?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

AquaTeamV3

Post by AquaTeamV3 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:59 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:24 amBut it was when someone attacked the core of WHY she was able to be corrupted that the spell broke.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Zen Buu having killed Babidi up there in space, breaking the Majin spell.

"You're not going to die...of asphyxiation" sounds pretty final to me.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:46 am

AquaTeamV3 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:59 pm
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:24 amBut it was when someone attacked the core of WHY she was able to be corrupted that the spell broke.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Zen Buu having killed Babidi up there in space, breaking the Majin spell.

I think it was officially confirmed that Babidi was still alive at the time of Bra breaking out of her Majin state. But he's probably dead now, yeah. Wait... Do we even know that killing Babidi results in the Majin warriors under his control returning to normal? I can't remember that happening in the anime. Babidi outlived Majin Debura and Majin Vegeta. When Vegeta came back, did he lack the M on his forehead because Babidi was dead, or because he was redeemed? I dunno.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:39 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:46 am
AquaTeamV3 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:59 pm

I think it was officially confirmed that Babidi was still alive at the time of Bra breaking out of her Majin state. But he's probably dead now, yeah. Wait... Do we even know that killing Babidi results in the Majin warriors under his control returning to normal? I can't remember that happening in the anime. Babidi outlived Majin Debura and Majin Vegeta. When Vegeta came back, did he lack the M on his forehead because Babidi was dead, or because he was redeemed? I dunno.
For what it's worth, in the DBS manga we see the corpse of Future Pui Pui lying on the ground still with the M on his forehead. Probably a useless input on my part because it could be Toyo slipping, but IIRC, in DBM, sometimes the heroes tried to attack Babidi instead of Bra, so maybe killing Babidi cuts that Ma link. Or at least that's what the heroes where theorizing.

We do know that even after Vegeta got rid of Babidi's control, the M remained on his forehead.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Seems U4 Buu is just a troll, no murdering Babidi, at least not yet.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:43 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:41 pm And then evil Bra stabs good Bra with an energy blade.

"Just kidding! You didn't think a stupid little speech like that would stop me after all I've done, did you?"
Plot twist:

Evil Bra's guard is down
Good Bra stabs her with a regular blade

"Phew! Good thing the your guard is down thing jumped over from Super."

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:52 pm

Zen Buu remains my favorite character.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:12 pm

Okay. That was pretty funny.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:06 pm

I cut ties with Multiverse long ago but the whole Bra thing is really just the end result of all the issues I had with this fan-work.
coola wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 am Main problem with this fanmanga, is Salagir attempt to make Dragon Ball more dark, edgy and hardcore, with is why we have:
- Characters acting OOC (Gohan turning into cocky jerk on Namek in Ginyu/Freeza universe, Vegeta wanting to hurt Pan to trigger Gohan etc.)
- Brutality and violence boosted to ridiculous level (Mostly in specials, but main manga had its moments too)

And in my opinion, it doesnt work for Sonic, it won't work in Dragon Ball :)
Summed up perfectly here. The bitter truth is that Multiverse is just like every other edgey, dragon ball fan fiction out there we've read when we were teens and 20's and though were cool, just with better artwork and some above average story telling for a fan work. It's snails pace also helped hide the issues also.

As for Bra, well what can I say that a thousand other souls have not. She's bloody awful and at every turn gets worse. I can bet that Salagair will use this as her turning point but it really isn't going to fly, not with a character who has pretty much no likable qualities and by all accounts well on the path to becomeing what her Majin-self was. Babidi didn't drag Bra into the abyss, he just gave her a little nudge while she was already standing on the edge. Hell Bra reminds me of early Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but with far less likability or flaws.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:04 pm

I know Boo has been steadily stirring the pot but has he been pulling strings this whole time? It seems like he could've teleported back at anytime. Wonder what his end game is.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:22 pm

Went to the site and bloody hell. Before I stopped reading the English post section was so full of posts that it would give you a good hour’s worth of reading material even on slow day.

Now it loads up in a flash and I’m done in a couple of down scrolls. Most of the main posters I remember are gone to.