The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:29 pm

Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:17 am
TobyS wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 pm
Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:38 pm Pre Majin Vegeta vs Super perfect Cell.
Majin Vegetable and SSJ2 Goku is both slightly stronger than SSJ2 kid Gohan.
Do you think Super perfect Cell can take PreMajin Vegeta?
Vegeta was confident he could beat Dabra who was stronger then cell.

Maybe he's equal or less than Gohan but he's not weaker than cell.
That debatable,Since Goku say Dabura is around Cell level he could have referred to the perfect form since that is the Cell most prominent form(Super form got destroyed in less than an hour) Goku could be referring to the Cell that fought him even.
Even if he initially was referring to the perfect cell who though Gohan and not the super perfect cell he still later revises his estimate of Dabras threat level upwards when he sees him fight Gohan.

He was still watching Gohan fight with cell through kaiosama. Otherwise you might as well argue he's talking about imperfect cell or soemthing silly.

If he was less of a threat overall then cell was he would have said something like “he's even weaker then a guy we already beat” not “hes about the same”
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:11 am

Dabura vs Buu arc Ssj1 Goku and Buu arc Ssj1 Vegeta ( they know about the stone split)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:11 am

GatoF wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:11 am Dabura vs Buu arc Ssj1 Goku and Buu arc Ssj1 Vegeta ( they know about the stone split)
Dabura struggled with SS Gohan, who should be weaker than his father in similar forms. I don't think Goku needs Vegeta to assist him.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:37 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:11 am
GatoF wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:11 am Dabura vs Buu arc Ssj1 Goku and Buu arc Ssj1 Vegeta ( they know about the stone split)
Dabura struggled with SS Gohan, who should be weaker than his father in similar forms. I don't think Goku needs Vegeta to assist him.
Trunks years after the Cell games couldn't beat Dabra without SS2.
Goku and Vegeta both had SS2 in their back pockets when they said they could beat Dabra.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:53 am

TobyS wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:37 am
Goku and Vegeta both had SS2 in their back pockets when they said they could beat Dabra.
That fight was years before he came back, we don't know how strong that Trunks's SS was, but he was struggling just as SS Gohan was.
All we know is SS Gohan wasn't getting trashed by Dabura, and that SS Goku is stronger than SS Gohan. Plus Goku is a much smarter fighter than the hybrids.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:06 am

After seeing Goku fighting as a Super Saiyan and seeing his power level, Dabra still seemed very confident in his ability to take out Goku and company. I would say he was dragging that fight against Gohan on purpose to save energy for them and make Gohan lose more and more power.

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:30 am

Grand Priest vs 12 angels who'd win that?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:53 am
TobyS wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:37 am

That fight was years before he came back, we don't know how strong that Trunks's SS was, but he was struggling just as SS Gohan was.
All we know is SS Gohan wasn't getting trashed by Dabura, and that SS Goku is stronger than SS Gohan. Plus Goku is a much smarter fighter than the hybrids.
This was after z sword training and regular training he's as strong or stronger then Goku and Geets in the same form after their Whis training.

Gohans rustiness doesn't make a difference when we see a non rusty ss1 with trained hybrid Potential also struggle.

You need SS2 to beat him.

Maybe 2-3 SS1s could do something Raditz fight style but it'd be fuckin tough.

I don't think Gohan was much weaker in base and Ss1 it's really only 2 he's said to be weaker then and it's implied he only really lacked anger imo.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Prime Goat Moro runs the gauntlet.
Battle conditions:
-he can't absorb energy
-every enemy is from the manga

vs Enraged Jiren
vs ToP UI Goku
vs FPSS Broly
vs FT Vegito Blue (no time limit)
vs Champa

Bonus:
UI Moro7-3 vs Gogeta Blue (no time limit)
----

Moro arc SSBE Vegeta (no Spirit Fission allowed) vs
- ToP UI Goku
- Enraged Jiren
- SS Broly
- FPSS Broly
- FT Vegito Blue (no time limit)

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:31 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:26 pm Prime Goat Moro runs the gauntlet.
Battle conditions:
-he can't absorb energy
-every enemy is from the manga

vs Enraged Jiren
vs ToP UI Goku
vs FPSS Broly
vs FT Vegito Blue (no time limit)
vs Champa

Bonus:
UI Moro7-3 vs Gogeta Blue (no time limit)
----

Moro arc SSBE Vegeta (no Spirit Fission allowed) vs
- ToP UI Goku
- Enraged Jiren
- SS Broly
- FPSS Broly
- FT Vegito Blue (no time limit)
1st scenario

I believe Moro outlasts UI Goku
Defeats Jiren High diff
Loses to Broly
Loses to Vegito

2nd scenario

Moro Defeats Gogeta, high diff... Tho this could go either way.

3rd scenario

Vegeta beats SS Broly, but loses to the rest.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 am

A few fights here:

- Krillin (Android arc) vs. Son Goku (base, no Kaioken - against Freeza on Namek)
- Tenshinhan (Android arc) vs. Freeza (3rd form, Namek)
- Yamcha (Android arc) vs. Piccolo (post-Nail fusion)
- Oob (beginning of GT) vs. Ultimate Son Gohan (Buu arc)
- Olibu vs. Vegeta (base, Cell-Games)
- Chaozu (Android arc) vs. Freeza (1st form, Namek)

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:46 am

In Brightest Day wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 am A few fights here:

- Krillin (Android arc) vs. Son Goku (base, no Kaioken - against Freeza on Namek)
I think Krillin takes this handily. Krillin's energy was deemed usable for Gero's purposes of overtaking Vegeta alongside the other humans that were present and Piccolo and Gohan. If Krillin quantitatively equalled merely 1%of SSJ Vegeta's total power then I think that would be enough to at least match base Goku from the Freeza fight. It's probably more than that, in my opinion.
Oh Tenshinhan easily. You could pit him against final form Freeza in his suppressed state and my opinion would remain the same. I actually don't have him too far off from the base Saiyans during the Android arc.
Again, I feel that the human fighter easily clenches it. My personal placement of Yamcha is looser here but I usually have him at either matching 3rd form Freeza or even base Goku/Freeza at his initial final form power.
Wasn't Uub matching base Goku or something? I can't recall GT all too well.
Believe it or not, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Chaozu could challenge Freeza in his second form in a fisticuffs bout. If he has his psychic abilities then base Goku from the same arc or even the tyrant in his suppressed state could be subdued.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:06 am

In Brightest Day wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 am A few fights here:

- Olibu vs. Vegeta (base, Cell-Games)
Hmm these are some good ones. People forget there's a massive gap between Final freeza, much bigger than the previous forms.

So Base Goku BoG is weaker than Freeza, and so are the humans by extension, but he could still be up to like 40 times stronger then he was on Namek so it's possible the humans are between those two points.
I'm sure they are by the moro arc perhaps Buu, but I don't think they are by only the android arc.

So Kuririn loses at this stage.

Third form freeza is weaker than Goku, and Ten isn't that much weaker than Kuririn, so he has a more decent chance.
However I don't think he has quite made it past there by the androids, maybe by Buu or ToP or Moro.
However Ten wins with Kikoho.

Again Ironically it's the same as before even more extreme, Chaozu isn't much weaker than the others, although for the first time somehow the gap has widened perhaps, such that Ten doesn't bring him to the android fight.

But this Freeza is the weakest on all of those. Possibly Chaozu takes it. Him and Ten had the longest time on Kaios and this is a form of Freeza base vegeta could fight before he got his last Zenkai...

Yamcha, again similar to above, Piccolo is a little above 2nd form Freeza but far closer to it then third form.
Yamcha is weaker than Ten or Kuririn but again as above the gap between these opponents is a much larger step down.

Yamcha got so strong he's mistaken for a base goku, potentially the base goku mentioned above.
I'm actually gonna go Yamcha here.

Filler makes no sense, he put up a decent match against Base Pikon and it makes no sense his weights should be akin to SS sized multipliers...
But we see Yamcha beat his ass even with another guy backing him up... so I have to give this to Vegeta, Android/Namek/Saiyan Freeza would be a closer match.

I'm possibly wrong and all humans lose their matches except Ten with Kikoho. But that's only because the android saga is too early. Buu/ToP/and deffo by Moro they take it.

EDIT: oh the GT Uub question... He's matching base goku who people say = ss3 z Goku, however Gohan is still way above that.
Even though he's using SS1 again like early super the GT perfect files said he never stopped training right?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Saganbo vs ToP SSBE Vegeta

Who takes this? We need to take into account that ToP Ultimate Gohan was not that far below ToP MSSB given his battle with LSSJ Kefla. Then we see Moro Saga Gohan who, even with Piccolo and the androids' help, couldn't even budge Saganbo, who easily clowned them all. Then we have Goku saying he could "barely recognize" Gohan and Piccolo, which definitely implies that this current Gohan is far stronger than he was in the ToP. We know that Gohan is a hybrid saiyan and that his gains aren't that small when training. The story narrative seems to tell us via Goku's words that there is no comparison between ToP Gohan and Current Gohan, yet Saganbo easily beat him.

We know SSBE Vegeta is also a whole different level from MSSB, so I wonder how would he fare against Saganbo, who was a total beast in the Moro Saga.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:32 am

How far can All Might and Saitama really go in Dragon Ball?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:18 am

nickzambuto wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:32 am How far can All Might and Saitama really go in Dragon Ball?
All-Might in his prime is at best Mid-Dragon Ball levels.

Saitama is a weird case. He is obviously a gag/parody character. So he could be as strong as Arale. If thats the case, that means beings as strong or stronger than GoD can best him.

But realistically from what I have seen from the Manga and web comics, he is at best Final Form Frieza level from Namek arc. That’s highballing.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:32 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:18 am
nickzambuto wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:32 am How far can All Might and Saitama really go in Dragon Ball?

Saitama is a weird case. He is obviously a gag/parody character. So he could be as strong as Arale. If thats the case, that means beings as strong or stronger than GoD can best him.

But realistically from what I have seen from the Manga and web comics, he is at best Final Form Frieza level from Namek arc. That’s highballing.
All Might can probably beat King Piccolo right?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:44 am

nickzambuto wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:32 am

Probably not. I don’t know how strong his prime version was. But Piccolo SR was able to best fighters stronger than Roshi. Who in the previous arc, blew up the moon. I’d say he could maybe, maybe, beat Goku in the arc before that tournament

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:05 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:44 am

Probably not. I don’t know how strong his prime version was. But Piccolo SR was able to best fighters stronger than Roshi. Who in the previous arc, blew up the moon. I’d say he could maybe, maybe, beat Goku in the arc before that tournament
The problem is that the characters had great DC even back then but their stats weren't as impressive. All Might can throw a little punch and create a shockwave that rips through a whole city and destroys buildings. This might also make him faster than characters in early Dragon Ball, although maybe not if the characters were already FTL back then (Goku did dodge the Taioken). But I still think All Might has way more strength than anyone in early Dragon Ball and he might be a tank who can throw Piccolo around, even if he doesn't have the DC.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:52 am

nickzambuto wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:05 am
Berserker1921 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:44 am
The problem is that the characters had great DC even back then but their stats weren't as impressive. All Might can throw a little punch and create a shockwave that rips through a whole city and destroys buildings. This might also make him faster than characters in early Dragon Ball, although maybe not if the characters were already FTL back then (Goku did dodge the Taioken). But I still think All Might has way more strength than anyone in early Dragon Ball and he might be a tank who can throw Piccolo around, even if he doesn't have the DC.
We don’t know how strong he was during his prime. All it’s claimed is that he could have beaten a Nomu in 5 hits. But before he lost what was left of One for All. It took him 300 hits.

So if we go by that. He was 60x times stronger during his prime. So maybe High City level? Low mountain level? He could destroy a large full city if wanted to. Or a small mountain.