What Does Everyone Think About Burst Limit Demo?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaRealChrono

What Does Everyone Think About Burst Limit Demo?

Post by DaRealChrono » Thu May 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Man, it is really smooth if anyone hasn't checked it out. I think the hybrid between Budokai and Shin Budokai worked out pretty good, and the combat is still pretty deep. Overall, I'm happy that I made a good pre-order.

It's only out in America at the moment I do believe. It's on both the Xbox Live Marketplace and the Playstation Network.

Kak

Post by Kak » Thu May 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Just about to start the Goku versus Raditz battle now. Sucks that there's no Japanese voice option.

Anyone know if the Japanese are getting their own demo? I heard that you can make a Japanese PSN account to get Japanese demo, if anyone has one I'd really appreciate it if you would check.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm

It's pretty fun so far and I'm looking forward to picking up the PS3 version when it's out. :)

If they actually keep the intro song and the japanese voices in, there will be no reason to import.

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Thu May 15, 2008 9:54 pm

The Japanese should be getting their own demo...It wouldn't make sense to give Japanese consumers a English demo, lol.

And yeah, the Japanese audio comes packaged in with the retial game no matter where you buy it, and the intro song is this games theme.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri May 16, 2008 2:42 am

I played it today on my roommate's 360. I still haven't seen it available on PSN. :/ I want to try the PS3 controller. The game was very nice-looking on the 360 and the animations, fluidity and HD quality blew me away!

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri May 16, 2008 10:46 am

It's nothing short of awesome, I can't however find any Yamcha cancel combos :( but I found one for Goku into an Ultimate finish.
Castor Troy wrote:It's pretty fun so far and I'm looking forward to picking up the PS3 version when it's out. :)

If they actually keep the intro song and the japanese voices in, there will be no reason to import.
You would import just for a vocal intro!?
Japanese voices are already confirmed in western release.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri May 16, 2008 11:36 am

It was pretty damn fun. I think I already like it more than the Sparking! series.

COCONUT MILK
Beyond Newbie

Post by COCONUT MILK » Fri May 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Is it a online demo? My 360 s being "repaired".

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri May 16, 2008 12:08 pm

No, you get to play the Goku vs Raditz fight and the Yamcha vs Saibaman fight in story mode.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Fri May 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Darn it, why couldn't they bring it over to Europe. I want BURST LIMIT demo!

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri May 16, 2008 12:41 pm

Just make a US PSN account that's what i did, if you have a 360 though then i guess you will have to wait.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 pm

*falls from his chair, runs upstairs, makes an US account, waits for the download*

Genius! Thanks.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri May 16, 2008 1:18 pm

hehe no problem, enjoy the demo.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri May 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Kinda underwhelmed, honestly. But yeah it does look really nice, I'll give it that much. I just wish we could get a DBZ game thats original sometime soon, it could even just be an action game with some new villains or something.... I just want something different.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri May 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote:Just make a US PSN account that's what i did, if you have a 360 though then i guess you will have to wait.
I did that today :lol:

The demo is pretty damn cool

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Fri May 16, 2008 5:28 pm

COCONUT MILK wrote:Is it a online demo? My 360 s being "repaired".
I just got the RROD. 11% in. But oddly enough, it isn't general hardware malfunction, it's an overheating error. But it isn't ever not overheated.
So...

I'll be not-voiding-my-warrenty by opening up my 360 and cleaning it, followed by soddering (sp?) that I may need.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 pm

I'll give it a resounding, "meh..."

I think it's a step back from the Tenkaichi series. Now that felt like I was playing a DBZ game. This and budokai were always too restricted. I enjoyed the 2D plane with the small arenas on the Snes when that's all designers weere capable but come on... we're way beyond that now.

The battles in burst limit just aren't epic enough to be considered a DBZ battle. It's too small. I want to fly all around the place!
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:01 pm

After waiting about an hour of updating and installing my PS3, I finally was able to download the demo. The demo rocks, can't wait for the actual game.

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Fri May 16, 2008 9:52 pm

Humpski wrote:I'll give it a resounding, "meh..."

I think it's a step back from the Tenkaichi series. Now that felt like I was playing a DBZ game. This and budokai were always too restricted. I enjoyed the 2D plane with the small arenas on the Snes when that's all designers weere capable but come on... we're way beyond that now.

The battles in burst limit just aren't epic enough to be considered a DBZ battle. It's too small. I want to fly all around the place!
Tenkaichi was a game that required about 0 skill. I can understand wanting a bigger arena but there was nothing epic about that battle system.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri May 16, 2008 10:11 pm

So is that it for the demo,2 Battles from the Raditz and Saibamen fights?
I'd think they would be better off just tossing in 5 characters,3 arenas and letting us go at it in Versus mode. I'm going to download it whenever my TV frees up.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight