"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:35 am

XV refuses to die. This is his first appearance in a console fighting game in 10 years. I guess a long time coming since he is referenced already in clothing and customization for the Namekian avatar. I got excited because I thought he was for the other game but in time...more moves to source. I wonder if they will give him the sort of spinning kick technique that the previous arena fighters gave him.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:51 am

I wonder if they'll give him Thunder Flash Attack. It's exclusion in Legends was...a choice. I mean, did he ever even use a fire kick in the anime? Or was it in the Janemba movie? I don't know. All I know is the only special move of his that stuck with me after all these years is completely absent in Legends.

Cue Thunder Flash Pikkon announcement in Legends. lol

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:02 am

I wonder who else will be added ? maybe Super 13 and transformed Bojack ?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:05 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:51 am I wonder if they'll give him Thunder Flash Attack. It's exclusion in Legends was...a choice. I mean, did he ever even use a fire kick in the anime? Or was it in the Janemba movie? I don't know. All I know is the only special move of his that stuck with me after all these years is completely absent in Legends.

Cue Thunder Flash Pikkon announcement in Legends. lol
Fire Kick is the move he uses to swiftly defeated Cell in his debut. They did release a Thunder Flash Paikuhan as part of their anniversary celebration in like June. Panned release since he couldn't keep up with Vegetto. But yeah, since it is his finishing move it is expected as his ultimate here.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:42 pm

I can't believe it ... really.
I like Pikkon but i'm tired of these DLCs...

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Is he free DLC or paid? Just curious because seeing such character as paid DLC wouldn't make sense to me, it's just weird. I mean he is not relevant enough to be paid DLC, yet relevant enough to deserve being added to this game long time ago lol.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:11 pm

I do like Paikuhan and it's nice to see him, but you gotta wonder, why include irrelevant characters when you have so many current, relevant fighters that have been overlooked?

Kale
Caulifla
Toppo
Dyspo
Armoured Broly
Merus
Moro
7-3
Saganbo
Omen Goku
Vermoud (yes, a hakaishin that in the anime has "fought" Beerus and Jiren)

I know there's no VA and all for the Moro arc characters, but still, they included Vados and she has literally never done anything but a neck chop KO. If this game is in its dying breaths(it should be, we can't still play a 2016 game in 2021), then go ahead and give us Moro or someone that is not from 1992.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Paikuhan's getting that Thunder Flash attack... and the default ultimate everybody gets. Mainly because he doesn't have another attack!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:11 pmit should be, we can't still play a 2016 game in 2021,
Huh... Why not?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:08 pm

If he's free, I won't complain. But this does strike me as odd. I could have seen them using Pikkon as a way to hype up the next game, the way Future Gohan was used for promotions for XV2. But yeah, they still plenty of new characters they could use, like base form and/or Wrathful form Broly. They may hold off on manga-exclusive characters like Moro, until they get an animated version. At least that's what I expect. You never know with these guys.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:37 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:11 pm I do like Paikuhan and it's nice to see him, but you gotta wonder, why include irrelevant characters when you have so many current, relevant fighters that have been overlooked?

Kale
Caulifla
Toppo
Dyspo
Armoured Broly
Merus
Moro
7-3
Saganbo
Omen Goku
Vermoud (yes, a hakaishin that in the anime has "fought" Beerus and Jiren)

I know there's no VA and all for the Moro arc characters, but still, they included Vados and she has literally never done anything but a neck chop KO. If this game is in its dying breaths(it should be, we can't still play a 2016 game in 2021), then go ahead and give us Moro or someone that is not from 1992.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Paikuhan's getting that Thunder Flash attack... and the default ultimate everybody gets. Mainly because he doesn't have another attack!
I think Pikkon is still better pick than all of characters you just mentioned except for UI Omen, Moro and perhaps Toppo. Kefla is already in game and Caulifla and Kale were not relevant enough to be their own characters when Kefla is there i think. Besides, Paikuhan is kinda fan favourite character. For some reason people like him a lot and asked for him for a long time as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:02 pm

Chaozu deserved to be in before Paikuhan and tk and dodon ray like moves are already in game, as are all his clothes. He's at least a canon character.

21 would be better as she's more recent more women and tied into existing lore and it's a video game to videogame move.

Even ozotto would be better as he's back in heroes.
Hearts... The armoured squad...

Pikon is so random and non canon and isn't connected to any of the other non canon characters either....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:09 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:02 pmChaozu deserved to be in before Paikuhan.
Who ? is that a pokemon ? why would one of those be in a DB game ? :wink:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm

The thing is, if the character is not popular, no one will care. But if they are very popular, then it's like, "Why didn't you wait until XV3?" Surely, XV3 can't be too far away now. It seems kinda strange to me that they're still doing this.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:00 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm The thing is, if the character is not popular, no one will care. But if they are very popular, then it's like, "Why didn't you wait until XV3?" Surely, XV3 can't be too far away now. It seems kinda strange to me that they're still doing this.
I've said for the longest time that XV3 was a sure thing, but if it's not the next game and XV2 continues to get support, then maybe it really isn't happening.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:42 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm The thing is, if the character is not popular, no one will care. But if they are very popular, then it's like, "Why didn't you wait until XV3?" Surely, XV3 can't be too far away now. It seems kinda strange to me that they're still doing this.
I don't think XV3 is about the number of characters, at least I hope not. It needs to be about a complete revamp in game play and a massive leap from XV2. With so much focus on online play and raids, they need to improve the story mode, maybe include Heroes content since it all came from DBO anyway, and make the story mode coop as well. I think with a game out like FighterZ that got a ton of respect in the fighting game world, XV needs to shift its focus a bit towards open world style co op gameplay with PvP being more secondary.

I appreciate the updates and don't want to complain about a company providing updates to a game for 4+ years. We should be greaful for that! But the game needs to be better. Seeing how support characters function in Kakarot made the cpu in XV look worse than ever.

If XV3 is to come, I'm hoping for a vast improvement and not just new characters

This game is supposed to be about your character saving history, but it just feels like a rehash of the DBZ story with minor changes
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm

dualist wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:42 pmI don't think XV3 is about the number of characters, at least I hope not. It needs to be about a complete revamp in game play and a massive leap from XV2. With so much focus on online play and raids, they need to improve the story mode, maybe include Heroes content since it all came from DBO anyway, and make the story mode coop as well. I think with a game out like FighterZ that got a ton of respect in the fighting game world, XV needs to shift its focus a bit towards open world style co op gameplay with PvP being more secondary.

I appreciate the updates and don't want to complain about a company providing updates to a game for 4+ years. We should be greaful for that! But the game needs to be better. Seeing how support characters function in Kakarot made the cpu in XV look worse than ever.

If XV3 is to come, I'm hoping for a vast improvement and not just new characters

This game is supposed to be about your character saving history, but it just feels like a rehash of the DBZ story with minor changes
Well, yeah. There are things more important than characters. But I'm thinking of this from a marketing standpoint. It's easier to get people pumped for a new character than for revamped gameplay mechanics. The latter is more naunced, whereas a character is instantly understood. If XV3 is announced, and they show off Wrathful form Broly or something, that will instantly get people hyped.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:31 am

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:23 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm
dualist wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:42 pmI don't think XV3 is about the number of characters, at least I hope not. It needs to be about a complete revamp in game play and a massive leap from XV2. With so much focus on online play and raids, they need to improve the story mode, maybe include Heroes content since it all came from DBO anyway, and make the story mode coop as well. I think with a game out like FighterZ that got a ton of respect in the fighting game world, XV needs to shift its focus a bit towards open world style co op gameplay with PvP being more secondary.

Well, yeah. There are things more important than characters. But I'm thinking of this from a marketing standpoint. It's easier to get people pumped for a new character than for revamped gameplay mechanics. The latter is more naunced, whereas a character is instantly understood. If XV3 is announced, and they show off Wrathful form Broly or something, that will instantly get people hyped.
That's true, the popular characters will get the attention. But this is also game heavily influenced on creation. When it's all said and done, I just want a game that's as close to DBO as possible. Lol
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 am

I didn't expect anybody else after Chronoa, so that gives me hope for Kaiōshin, Gero, and 19 finally.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:46 am

The S wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 am I didn't expect anybody else after Chronoa, so that gives me hope for Kaiōshin, Gero, and 19 finally.
I always assume Kaioshin is missing it's weird he is.

Wish we had him Kibito Chaozu and the mid forms of Buu cell Freeza. 19 and 20...

Hope XV3 plugs all those gaps and gives us a bunch more pikon was so damn random.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.