If Goku didn't marry ChiChi, which woman would you pair him with?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheZFighter
Regular

Re: If Goku didn't marry ChiChi, which woman would you pair him with?

Post by TheZFighter » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:33 pm

If it meant no Gohan and Goten I'd leave him single
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Bulma makes the most sense to me. They already had a good friendship built from years of adventures, and Bulma even hinted once that she kinda regretting not getting together with Goku when she had the chance. Plus, they could have worked well together. Him being the brawn, and her being the brains. But there's one big problem with pairing Goku with anybody other than Chichi. Goku only married Chichi because she pressured him into it. He didn't know what marriage was, and even if he did, it wouldn't have ever been a priority to him. So without someone pressuring him into it, he probably would have lived life as he had before: as a hermit training for the next big battle.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:59 am

Goku x Chichi simply works for me.

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:57 am

Bulma definitely

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:24 pm

I know the first answer is Bulma and second is Suno, but for the third I would absolutely pair him with Launch. That would be an amazing pairing at least to me. Would love to see their interactions as a married couple.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:27 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:53 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 pm Suno was boring. Say one interesting thing about her other than “nice” and “had a crush on Goku” had she and Goku gotten hitched she would have been window dressing.

Bulma as Goku’s wife could have been interesting I guess. Gohan’s character likely would have been more like young Trunks but less arrogant. His character development would have been less “sheltered mama’s boy becomes a fighter” and more “spoiled brat who grew up in the life of luxury learns to be selfless” in the Saiyan arc I’d imagine.

Also I’d imagine the Trunks character would just be their second child since he would need to be Bulma’s child for the story to work .
Here me out, but what if the Trunks character were the son of....Vegeta and Launch?! Let's say Launch gives up on chasing Tien and decides to live at Capsule Corp instead of Roshi's house. Vegeta's training one day, sees Good Launch Transform into Blonde Launch and then after having a mental breakdown (he still hasn't gone Super Saiyan by this point, so seeing that would fuck him all the way up), maybe he likes Blonde Launch's personality and the feeling is mutual :?:
Oh wow. That's a fun one. Imagine if Trunks had that sneezing quirk. Would it be a different transformation depending on if he was SSJ or not?

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:59 pm

Why are people saying Launch? Wasn't she way older than Goku?

I would pair him with Suno, it would make the most sense to me.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:23 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:59 pm Why are people saying Launch? Wasn't she way older than Goku?

Lunch's age was never given as far as I know, but she is likely not supposed to be too much older than Bulma, maybe 20ish at the start. I doubt that kind of gap would make much of a difference for marriage, especially in the Dragon World.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:57 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:59 pm Why are people saying Launch? Wasn't she way older than Goku?

According to some sources, Launch is the same age as Vegeta so she's only 5 years older than Goku.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:57 pm

According to some sources, Launch is the same age as Vegeta so she's only 5 years older than Goku.
Wow now that's something. I always thought she was like 10 or 15 years older. Then again it's been a long time since i've last seen OG DB.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:10 pm

I honestly think that Goku simply wouldn't have gotten married. Or at best, he would have met some girl we've never seen before (or maybe he would have reunited with Suno or something). But I think there's a strong likelihood that Goku would end up single for a very long time or forever.

I especially don't see it happening with Bulma. Him and Bulma just don't seem romantically compatible, as Bulma is more like a big sister to Goku. Plus Vegeta would still come to Earth and meet Bulma.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:36 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:57 pm According to some sources, Launch is the same age as Vegeta so she's only 5 years older than Goku.
DestructoDisc wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm Wow now that's something. I always thought she was like 10 or 15 years older. Then again it's been a long time since i've last seen OG DB.

Those sources are wrong. Lunch's age and birth year have never been stated anywhere official. The only thing ever stated about her birth is that it occurred on June 17th.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Bulma, definitely. Other than that, I could see Caulifla much much later. Other than that, IDK. I can't see anyone attracting his attention or tricking him into marriage.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Princess Snake
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:30 am

Bulma's like a sister to Goku, and Lunch is as eccentric (maybe more so) as he is.

I'd recommend a minor character as his wife: Annin, the guardian spirit. Someone responsible and a fighter would make a good counterpart to Goku.

In fact, I wish she had appeared more. She looks cool.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:35 am

Bulma. She would have made a much better wife for him than Chichi if you ask me.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Figure Goku should just pair up with the Galactic King and become his consort, at this point. Three enthusiastic dong grabs and a bathroom encounter is practically 'going steady', for Dragon Ball.

(I am aware that the Galactic King is not a woman.)

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:46 am

caulifla without a doubt literally the only woman who could follow him where he goes
with 18 is popular but it is worse since they also have nothing in common with him ...

and bulma depends ... given the case of yamcha and vegeta, I do not think the type of woman who would be with goku and his continuous "absences" for that goku would have to change

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:42 pm

If it were up to me, I wouldn't have paired him with anybody. Goku is a terrible husband and father and it's clear he only has a passion for fighting. I mean Goten and Gohan were just wasted potential in the end anyway and I can't think of anyone that would make a good fit for him, aside from Caulifla who was only introduced 4 years ago (jeez it's really been 4 years???)

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:46 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:30 am Bulma's like a sister to Goku, and Lunch is as eccentric (maybe more so) as he is.

I'd recommend a minor character as his wife: Annin, the guardian spirit. Someone responsible and a fighter would make a good counterpart to Goku.

In fact, I wish she had appeared more. She looks cool.
She already got Grandpa Gohan though...
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san