"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:07 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:49 pm I definitely was not expecting Baby to be the next character. I thought for sure it’d be Yi Xing Long/Omega Shenron. I thought he would’ve had the potential for a more unique moveset. Plus, he’s usually the default villain from GT in Dragon Ball fighters, outside of the first Tenkaichi game.

I hope they give him some unique dialogue with Goku Black and Zamasu.
Yeah Omega has arguably the most unique moveset in franchise being able to use all the elemental powers, transfering his body or even regenerate after being blown up, even though they wasted his potential in actual series. He would be more original than "another Vegeta" even though i disagree with Baby being another form of Vegeta as he doesn't look much like him in this form and has bunch of his own moves as well. The only thing that connects him with Vegeta is galick gun and final flash. He is way more original than Goku Black and even he isn't just another Goku form, let alone Baby.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:41 am

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:49 pm I definitely was not expecting Baby to be the next character. I thought for sure it’d be Yi Xing Long/Omega Shenron. I thought he would’ve had the potential for a more unique moveset. Plus, he’s usually the default villain from GT in Dragon Ball fighters, outside of the first Tenkaichi game.

I hope they give him some unique dialogue with Goku Black and Zamasu.
I was just thinking about that lol. This game is usually good at interactions between various characters and eventual roasting between said characters, so the interactions are definitely going to be spicy.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:18 am

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:49 pm I hope they give him some unique dialogue with Goku Black and Zamasu.
Speaking of that, lol.
Fresh meme from Risu.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:07 am

A legit Baby Vegeta & Goku Black/Zamasu fusion has to happen in one of these games, the ether is begging for it.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:42 am

Kataphrut wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:58 pm
Cold Skin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:21 pm You can expect special dialogues with Vegeta (who will not be too happy to see a version of him that had his body stolen by a parasite) and Goku Black (who will probably discuss or mock the interest of taking over Vegeta's body instead of Goku's).

Perhaps Zamasu too, who might have his word to say about a being choosing to take over a Saiyan's body.
That would be fun. Like that Top Gear quote- why drive around in Buzz Aldrin when you could have Neil Armstrong?

There’s still one slot left for season 3 and I think Omega is a very likely candidate to fill it. It makes sense, him being the original final boss of the series would be a good note to end on, especially if this ends up being the final season.

SS4 Gogeta ain’t happening though. If they wanted to include him, they wouldn’t have given his moves (all three of them) to Blue Gogeta.
I can see SSJ4 Gogeta happen as a dramatic finish for Gogeta.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Man the story mode would have been hilarious if all the dlc characters had been in it. Baby is a great addition, he should have some fun interactions. I will still continue to hold out hope for one armed Gohan. I feel like if it was ever going to happen fighterz is only place it could.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:48 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:30 pm
Cold Skin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 pm Fortunately, Baby probably includes a Dramatic Finish with GT Goku: he will turn Super Saiyan 4 and throw Baby into the sun with a Kame Hame Ha, that's for sure.

I know you might think that it's repetitive after another Dramatic Finish sending Broly into the sun with a big blast, but I guess you could say the same with the potential Genki Dama against Yi Shenron when there's already a Genki Dama against Boo.

I can't believe that they'd skip the final GT villain and final GT victory, so I agree with some of you guys that Yi Shenron is probably coming later (in this season or the next one). I don't think we "lose" Yi Shenron in favor of Baby, we'll probably have both in due time, both with a Dramatic Finish.
If Omega isn't next, then if he is ever added he will probably come with Gogeta SSJ4, that's my guess.
Speaking of dramatic finish, they would need to make his spaceship as well as his final form outside of Vegeta's body, perhaps even regular GT Vegeta lying on ground. Sounds like a lot of work but seeing their attention to details it's not impossible.
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:14 pm Scans.
So he seems to attack with Super Galick Gun in Oozaru form which makes sense but i wish he would come with Revenge Death Ball Final
I'm happy they chose super galick gun for the Ozaru instead of making him use the same move in his 2 forms, it adds more variety of moves.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:34 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 pm Man the story mode would have been hilarious if all the dlc characters had been in it. Baby is a great addition, he should have some fun interactions. I will still continue to hold out hope for one armed Gohan. I feel like if it was ever going to happen fighterz is only place it could.
The story mode would have been way more enjoyable if you would fight Baby possesed characters instead of those unappealing mute clones.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:18 pm

DI297 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:48 pm I'm happy they chose super galick gun for the Ozaru instead of making him use the same move in his 2 forms, it adds more variety of moves.
Fair argument. Although they could use both, maybe galick gun as assist, but it wouldn't look as good obviously.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:17 am

Baby Vegeta is a cool pick. They probably use him because they can reuse Vegeta's body animation and give him some of the same moves. GT getting rep in the game is lucky seeing that it's the black sheep of the franchise. You have fans that like GT characters similar how you have Mortal Kombat fans that like the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era of Mortal Kombat characters, but GT has a overall bad rep with people.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:51 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:17 am Baby Vegeta is a cool pick. They probably use him because they can reuse Vegeta's body animation and give him some of the same moves. GT getting rep in the game is lucky seeing that it's the black sheep of the franchise. You have fans that like GT characters similar how you have Mortal Kombat fans that like the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era of Mortal Kombat characters, but GT has a overall bad rep with people.
Baby is way taller than Vegeta though so they have to come with new animations as well.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Baby has different stance and look to Vegeta actually. The so called Super Baby mutated so he resembles more the King Tuffle that he was created from. I really wonder how will the Oozaru mechanic work in game sizewise.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 am

WHY AM I ALWAYS WRONG!?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:57 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 am WHY AM I ALWAYS WRONG!?

I really like the GT representation FighterZ is giving it. MUI Goku, Kefla, & Roshi are from Super, So if the next 2 are from GT, then surely the 3rd one will be as well. Hopefully Omega Shenron makes it in.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:05 am

Really happy with Baby 2 and SSJ4 Gogeta although it is kinda strange to have SSJ4 Gogeta playable in a game before SSJ4 Goku.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 am

Jord wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:05 am Really happy with Baby 2 and SSJ4 Gogeta although it is kinda strange to have SSJ4 Gogeta playable in a game before SSJ4 Goku.
I don't think we'll get either him or Ssj4 Vegeta due to there already being 4 adult Gokus and 3 adult Vegetas. Of course that could change with a potential season 4 of characters.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:14 am

It was really awesome watching the finals to catch that trailer. Kazunoko dethroned G01 in a comeback from 4-2 round deficit. Obviously UI Goku put in work on both sides, but the real MVP was Gotenks and those insane damage EX machine gun punches. Keep an eye out for those in the next balance patch...

Baby's trailer was sick. His moves looked vicious, and the monkey super was absolutely wild.

Also, we barely heard any of it, but the music over SS4 Gogeta's teaser was really good. If that's his theme, then it sounds majestic.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 am
Jord wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:05 am Really happy with Baby 2 and SSJ4 Gogeta although it is kinda strange to have SSJ4 Gogeta playable in a game before SSJ4 Goku.
I don't think we'll get either him or Ssj4 Vegeta due to there already being 4 adult Gokus and 3 adult Vegetas. Of course that could change with a potential season 4 of characters.
I do think we get a Season 4 now but it's hard to see who will be added. Omega perhaps? Radditz? Dabura? Pan of Uub? Super 17?
I can see another Goku being added since Goku sells and the release of the 1st Season 4 char could coincide with Goku day in May.
There aren't a lot of other Goku's left. SSJ4 Goku, SSG Goku are basically the only ones left and SSG feels redundant after SSGSS Goku while SSJ4 Goku is still very much alive thanks to Heroes.
I'm already pretty happy with roster as it is but I do look forward to Baby and Gogeta 4.
Kataphrut wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:14 am It was really awesome watching the finals to catch that trailer. Kazunoko dethroned G01 in a comeback from 4-2 round deficit. Obviously UI Goku put in work on both sides, but the real MVP was Gotenks and those insane damage EX machine gun punches. Keep an eye out for those in the next balance patch...

Baby's trailer was sick. His moves looked vicious, and the monkey super was absolutely wild.

Also, we barely heard any of it, but the music over SS4 Gogeta's teaser was really good. If that's his theme, then it sounds majestic.
It is. But it's already in the game. They stealth added it in the game a few months ago. It's called the SSGSS Gogeta FighterZ Cup Theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMmaWs3 ... nel=Cizzle

Some very strong shades of We gotta power in this one. And it does indeed sound awesome.

Oh and here is the Baby 2 trailer for the ones that haven't seen it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFW0wLL ... l=PS360HD2

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:00 am

Ssj4 Gogeta has to be the most useless choice they could ever make.
Gogeta Blue literally has half his moveset.

Still, this means that a Season 4 is coming, with Omega in it.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:04 am

SSJ4 Gogeta is a suprising pick... I mean they already gave most of his moves to SSGSS Gogeta at the last season.
I wonder how are they planning to make him different. Maybe they will adapt SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta techniques to his moveset?