"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:17 am

SSJ4 Gogeta has to be the most amazing choice they ever made.

All these years of thinking that SSB Gogeta stole his moveset potential and he has no chance to get in.. yet here we are.
Bravo, ArcSystem. Next year is shaping up to be amazing :clap:

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:30 am

Jord wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 am
Kataphrut wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:14 am It was really awesome watching the finals to catch that trailer. Kazunoko dethroned G01 in a comeback from 4-2 round deficit. Obviously UI Goku put in work on both sides, but the real MVP was Gotenks and those insane damage EX machine gun punches. Keep an eye out for those in the next balance patch...

Baby's trailer was sick. His moves looked vicious, and the monkey super was absolutely wild.

Also, we barely heard any of it, but the music over SS4 Gogeta's teaser was really good. If that's his theme, then it sounds majestic.
It is. But it's already in the game. They stealth added it in the game a few months ago. It's called the SSGSS Gogeta FighterZ Cup Theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMmaWs3 ... nel=Cizzle

Some very strong shades of We gotta power in this one. And it does indeed sound awesome.

Oh and here is the Baby 2 trailer for the ones that haven't seen it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFW0wLL ... l=PS360HD2
Nice, I didn't realise that! Cheers mate.

Welp, there goes my last reason to give a shit about SS4 Gogeta lol.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:46 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:00 am Still, this means that a Season 4 is coming, with Omega in it.
Why? I want a Season 4, but why do you think it's coming? Because of the shoulder taunt?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:52 am

Jord wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 amI do think we get a Season 4 now but it's hard to see who will be added.
Z: Raditz and Dabura

GT: Omega Shenron

Super: Toppo
Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:46 amWhy? I want a Season 4, but why do you think it's coming?
If they can support XenoVerse 2 for 4+ years, Surely another year of Fighterz is possible. Fans are still buying the game and its DLC, so there's no reason not to continue with more characters.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:06 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:52 am
Jord wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 amI do think we get a Season 4 now but it's hard to see who will be added.
Z: Raditz and Dabura

GT: Omega Shenron

Super: Toppo
Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:46 amWhy? I want a Season 4, but why do you think it's coming?
If they can support XenoVerse 2 for 4+ years, Surely another year of Fighterz is possible. Fans are still buying the game and its DLC, so there's no reason not to continue with more characters.
Agreed. Especially with the coronavirus making an all-new game harder than usual.

Well, if Season 4 is five characters, I expect them to scrap the bottom of the barrel for even more saiyans, and an antagonist or two like Omega Shenron and Toppo.

Personally I'd like to see a Fighter Pack with original characters - that is, with cool movesets: Chiaotzu, Darbura, Toppo, Gero, Zarbon. For female representation ... Pan, Zangya, Ribrianne ... any of those could work.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:08 am

Or it'll be a secret 6th character with Gogeta's trailer.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:13 am

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:08 am Or it'll be a secret 6th character with Gogeta's trailer.
That would be cool but I wonder what will happen for people that already have a Fighters's pass for this season?
I do expect at least a tease of the next character in Gogeta's own trailer.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:16 am

They're still making characters for Xv2, so I reckon they'll do te same for Fighterz.

Ssj4 Gogeta changes everything now, it won't be "quality over quantity", everyone has a chance to join in.

Majin Vegeta, for example... I'm sure they'll pick him at some point.

My Season 4:

Omega Shenron
Toppo
Raditz
Majin Vegeta.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:40 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:16 am They're still making characters for Xv2, so I reckon they'll do te same for Fighterz.

Ssj4 Gogeta changes everything now, it won't be "quality over quantity", everyone has a chance to join in.

Majin Vegeta, for example... I'm sure they'll pick him at some point.

My Season 4:

Omega Shenron
Toppo
Raditz
Majin Vegeta.
They won't do the same, because they are different production companies.

And on the quality over quantity remark, SS4 Gogeta is the strongest protagonist of GT.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:39 am

Wow... Why? :lol:
So far, Arc Sys surprised me and made kinda sense, but picking up Baby Vegeta and SSJ4 Gogeta is so weird... Sure, if there wasn’t like ton of Gokus already, I would love to have SSJ4 Goku, but having a hero or rival without it’s counterpart, that is really weird.
I took GT Goku as a nice bonus before, so now he has Baby to face off at least, but Gogeta without the Shenron will definitely piss me a bit when playing the game.
But it is nice that GT gets some love, it is still nostalgic for me 20 years back, watching the bittersweet sequel on TV and the designs are good and still hold up. I love GT Goku’s gi, Baby Vegeta, Some of the Shenrons, Rildo, SSJ4... they sll look cool coming from the golden age when Z just ended and they were trying to be truthful to Toriyama’s designs.
Look at Jiren or other characters in his team, they are bleak and visually boring and I guess that they are just popular among fans for their power, so I am more happy for GT to get in. It’s just... gimme the Shenron!!! I was seriously looking forward to him and if you announce Season 4 with 5 characters that I will have to wait another 2 years for, I will burn the disc with the game down! :lol: :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:48 am

No one expected Gogeta SS4. I have mixed feelings, as Gogeta Blue already has a lot of his moves. What will they do then to make them different? Maybe Gogeta will have some SS4 Goku & Vegeta moves. But there is one great thing about him - they included official SS4 Vegeta model which means it can be easily used to replace any other Vegeta in game by modding and it will look great.

Actually the same thing goes with Baby. They can put saiyan saga Vegeta over him and replace Golden Oozaru with regular Oozaru.

Tbh, this is the best season in FighterZ imo. All characters are interesting. Funny how Kefla and Baby are in the same season just like they were added along each other in Xenoverse 2.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:07 am

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:08 am Or it'll be a secret 6th character with Gogeta's trailer.
3 super characters and 3 GT characters. Your idea makes sense and may very well happen.
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:39 amGogeta without the Shenron will definitely piss me a bit when playing the game.
I think Gogeta making it in more or less guarantees Omega will, the question is whether he'll be a secret 6th character for season 3 or part of season 4.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:23 am

I don't really like GT, so I wouldn't have mind the total absence of it in the game, but I'm still glad it gets to be represented in an awesome way by the devs.

In this specific game, the amazing care in gameplay and animation for each character feels like a love letter, and the fact that they give this kind of love letters to multiple sides of the franchise (Z, Super, GT, movies both old and recent...) in such an amazing way feels like a general celebration of the best the franchise has to offer over its multiple main series.

They manage to capture the best of the different elements composing the franchise and show you that there is definately great things to take even from the sides of the franchise you like the least. It's like a giant showcase of the charisma you can find in all aspects of the franchise.

So even though I'm originally not really interested in Baby and Gogeta SS4, ultimately I just can't wait to be able to see them in this game and I'll enjoy their presence. This game manages to show you the potential charisma of the various characters, that you may not always perceive in the original material depending on your own preferences and the series you like or not.
Last edited by Cold Skin on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am

So there's some art of Golden Oozaru Baby powering up his Super Galick Gun. Is that going to be part of a cinematic finish or will he have some sort of boosted version of his Oozaru attack?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:37 am

The game has shipped over 6 million copies, so with the release of the next gen systems, does anyone think we'll get a port of this with all the DLCs ?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am So there's some art of Golden Oozaru Baby powering up his Super Galick Gun. Is that going to be part of a cinematic finish or will he have some sort of boosted version of his Oozaru attack?
People already said before that according to v-jump, his Oozaru attack changes to some kind of blast when his allies are down or something like that. It's probably Galick Gun indeed.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:54 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 am
Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am So there's some art of Golden Oozaru Baby powering up his Super Galick Gun. Is that going to be part of a cinematic finish or will he have some sort of boosted version of his Oozaru attack?
People already said before that according to v-jump, his Oozaru attack changes to some kind of blast when his allies are down or something like that. It's probably Galick Gun indeed.
Ok thanks just wanted to be shore.

On the Subject of why this isn't Revenge Death Ball Final, I can only assume its because Super Galick Gun really this forms signature attack while the RDB is more synonymous with Super Baby 2. Also seeing a gigantic golden monkey striking the Galick Gun pose is a lot more visually intreasting then him just holding up his hands.

Also I'd forgotten that the Super Galick Gun is something that Vegeta has only gained retroactively, as it was technically Baby's variant attack first.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:16 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:54 am On the Subject of why this isn't Revenge Death Ball Final, I can only assume its because Super Galick Gun really this forms signature attack while the RDB is more synonymous with Super Baby 2. Also seeing a gigantic golden monkey striking the Galick Gun pose is a lot more visually intreasting then him just holding up his hands.

Also I'd forgotten that the Super Galick Gun is something that Vegeta has only gained retroactively, as it was technically Baby's variant attack first.
Yeah the reason why i thought it might be RDB Final is because the surroundings when he transforms look like during the moment he used it in anime with all the lava around.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:31 am

I was genuinely content with SS4 Gogeta being a possible skin or something, so like everyone else i'm hella curious about his moveset especially since he didn't do much in GT anyway. I never got into the Xenoverse games so I don't know what he's like in those but from I remember from the Tenkaichi games, Spike was always pretty original with some of the super moves they gave him, So I'm wondering if Arcs will go the same route since the only move he has that Gogeta Blue doesn't do is The party Kamehameha.

Baby looks cool too, he actually looks 100% original in his animations, I didn't see anything that resembled something similar to what any other Vegeta has so props to them for that, though I wouldn't have been against it either.

Honestly though if they keep adding characters, I don't see how there'll be any room for a sequel, I mean if they do give this game yet another year of support and DLC with a season 4, they'll start scrapping the bottom of the barrel. They still have a few names to choose from but outside of Yi Shenlong and Toppo being major heavy hitters, the rest are just kinda like.. eh.

Bojack
Tullece
Raditz
Zarbon
Dabra ( Honestly I think people only want him because they want to treat Stone Spit like a Sub Zero Ice Ball)
Meta Cooler (maybe)

It all could be cool though.. who knows, maybe there are no plans for a sequel game but maybe some kind of spiritual successor in the future.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:53 am

They should just give SS4 Gogeta new main moveset, even if it is something never used in DBGT series.