My Dragon Ball Wishes for 2021

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBPirate

Re: My Dragon Ball Wishes for 2021

Post by DBPirate » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:44 am
DBPirate wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:12 pmI wouldn't mind a Kai-esque version of DB to stall for time until Super can come back but I'm not sure if that's sacrilege around here.
I definitely agree with this. They should've done this awhile ago if they knew Super would be off the air for a few years. I think what's preventing this is a lack of time slot, as Digimon currently has DB's alongside One Piece.
Yeah, probably. I wish they would have started Kai with DB to begin with to get Western audiences familiarized with that part of the story. Had they done so, at least we would've already had a Blu-Ray release of it in some form.
Favorite sagas: Tien Shinhan (DB), Frieza (Z), Future Trunks (Super)
Favorite characters: Frieza, Future Trunks, Beerus, Android 17, Zamasu, Gohan

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:07 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 am Give me Blue Ray release of the original Dragon Ball and I’ll take most of the bad things I ever said about FUNimation back.
I'm surprised we haven't gotten GT on Blu-Ray yet considering how short it is. It's such a shame that 2 major parts of the biggest franchise in anime are still stuck on a decade old, outdated format. The original Naruto is now getting released on BLU-RAY, same for Bleach, so why not DB and GT ?
Wasn't there a hint by the French company AB that they might be doing their own HD DB release? Don't think we've heard anything else about it since the initial tease some months back.
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:18 pm

To be honest I can't wish for anything unique, I'm just going with the crowd here for the most part :lol:
  • 1. Any sort of confirmation that the DB Super anime is still in the works and will be coming back sometime soon.
  • 2. Any new decent home release. It could be DB or even GT, I dont care at this point. I'll take anything that doesn't have Funi's grubby finger prints on it.
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:20 pm

ArmenianPepsi wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:13 pm Wasn't there a hint by the French company AB that they might be doing their own HD DB release? Don't think we've heard anything else about it since the initial tease some months back.
I kind of remember something about that but nothing came of it, at least not to my knowledge.

Kingbrockstar1995
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kingbrockstar1995 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:26 pm

if i could have any wish, it would be either Super's return, a new film or the rumored Japanese remasters of DB, Z and GT Geekdom said were coming

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:55 am

My wishlist is as follows in order of how much I want them:

Kakarot on Switch. I really REALLY don't want to buy a new PlayStation just for a handful of games, especially since I JUST bought a 4K player this year.

Goku back in the Macy's Parade this Thanksgiving, provided that it's safe to do it. I dunno, seeing him in the two years he did show up made me STUPIDLY happy, so I was disappointed that new COVID protocols meant he was too hard to fly. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand it was absolutely the right call to keep the volunteers safe, but I still wanted to see him. The same goes for the Red Ranger, who was also left out this year presumably for similar reasons.

A rerelease of the movies that includes the Pioneer dubs. Those dubs deserve a rerelease and we're about due to get the Japanese remasters over here (without the censorship, of course).

A continuation of the Super anime starting with the Moro arc. I think a lot of people want this. And if the Super anime continues, a simuldub. I like both the Japanese and English versions these days, so it'll give me a lot to have fun with.

Ocean Kai to finally start airing somewhere. I REALLY want to see what that cast managed to put out. I'm confident it's good stuff. I do hope they just use Kikuchi instead of a replacement score, but the script and voice work should still be great regardless. It deserves to be seen!

A rerelease of the Broly film with JYB redoing Broly's lines in the dub. Not likely, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Put Kai on a gosh-darned streaming service already. Netflix, Hulu, Funimation, freaking Crackle if that still exists, I DON'T CARE. The best Dragon Ball series dub deserves an easier way to access it than buying SEVEN SEASON SETS ON BLURAY. I constantly recommend Kai to people trying to get into the show because the better pacing and dub make it tons more palatable for a modern audience, but the lack of a streaming option is a very real obstacle. Let's resolve that next year.

Finally, my most wanted DB thing is a Kai prequel covering the original DB. Why would I want such a thing? It's simple, really. I want a redub of the original DB. No matter what, Funi won't do that when their current dub exists and sells well enough. But if they had another Japanese-made recut on their hands, then we have a different story. Ideally the new Kai series would reuse the Kikuchi score to keep consistency with Kai 1-98, but I'm willing to put up with a new Sumitomo score for a better DB dub. I would kill to hear Clinkenbeard and Rial tackle these roles in more than just a movie and with a much better script. Now, I'm fully aware that the likelihood of this ever happening is barely above Funi just redubbing the show, but I don't care. We deserve a good dub of the original DB. Z has Kai, GT has Blue Water, and Super is fine despite a few dumb meme lines. But every dub of the original DB is riddled with problems no matter which version you go with. DB desperately needs a redub, and a Kai recut is probably the only way that'll happen.

And there's mine. I know some of this stuff isn't likely, but the heart wants what the heart wants.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:43 am

Cancellation of everything that Super is - no more manga, no more anime, etc.
But I know it won't happen, so if anime comes back then I wish for it to be seasonal with good animation. Without Brolly retelling, starting with Moro (it's a boring arc, but it's better than another inferior retelling). And FINALLY going past EoZ era. I'm sick of that "peace" gap. Less Vegeta and more other heroes, especially adult Trunks and Goten. No more recolors and stupid asspuls.
I'd love some Budokai/BT style game with Heroes roster. This is my wet gaming dream.
More side stories like "That Time I Got Reincarnated as Yamcha". It was better than anything from modern "canon".
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:10 am

OmegaRockman wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:55 amOcean Kai to finally start airing somewhere. I REALLY want to see what that cast managed to put out. I'm confident it's good stuff. I do hope they just use Kikuchi instead of a replacement score, but the script and voice work should still be great regardless. It deserves to be seen!
It's been well documented the Ocean Kai dub does have a replacement score composed by Keenlyside and Mitchell, but it remains to be seen whether or not a Kikuchi edit exists. There's been conflicting reports about whether or not an uncut version was created, although seemingly it was discussed, if it was done the chances of there being a Kikuchi Ocean Kai is greater. And yeah, it does remain to be seen, as even the Ocean cast's not as great days (i.e. Westwood dub) still deserved to be seen and rightfully was.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:24 am

I don't know.

Like, I want Super to end so Dragon Ball can refresh itself. But, having a new writer that makes people mad seems to refresh itself regardless and it is still generating money, so I'm definitely not getting that. haha Unironically, I'm kind of glad to see fresh blood do Dragon Ball, so who knows what might happen. I'm not expecting an anime. If Toei is waiting on Nagamine to finish One Piece's current arc, I'm not expecting an anime till 2022. As far as wants for the story itself, I'm liking that we're getting the other characters to fight other than Goku and Vegeta. I want more of that, and probably less of using past tropes to move the story right along. lol I don't want to keep seeing my favorite characters make the same mistakes, yo. lol

I would like to have news on what Toei's version of HDing the Dragon Ball anime too. Like, they did the movies and there's rumblings about it. They're probably just waiting on it to be actually done rather than saying something. And then when it happens FUNimation will market it, "It's remastered...BUT WITH THE ORIGINAL CREATORS BUY IT AGAIN." hahaha Though, at this point, I think its kinda pointless to wait on a perfect release and buy it now so you have the series. haha

I want a Season 4 of FighterZ to come with new stages and an arcade mode with voice acted endings. I think that'd be better than just having another sequel. haha The characters I want are Yi Xing Long, Wheelo, and maybe Ribrianne. I'm sure we'll get another Goku or Vegeta in there. LOL Probably SSJ4 Goku. Though, SSJ4 Gogeta might have some of him in there, so I dunno. But Base Goku and Vegeta exist so. hahahaha

I also second to Ocean's Kai dub to finally surface. But I'm not expecting it. It would be nice though. That's a lot of work they did that's just...sitting there. Late era-Ocean dubs are fantastic, so I wanna see what they pull out.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Wishes for 2021 are for conventions to come back so I can see cast members and folks cosplaying Db and other characters again.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:40 pm

I know it's probably a bit late for me to post on here with it already being 2021 and all, but what the hell why not? I second the wish for a release of Ocean Kai.

I would also like to see a proper release of the original Funi dub(no removing of voice filters and no alternate soundtrack placements) and a release of the original Ultimate Uncut episodes(and not the redubbed ones on the Orange Bricks)
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:12 pm

I second Planetnamek. I REALLY want to see the Ocean Kai dub!

Also I want to see Super air on a kids channel when it returns on the USA. I know it probably wont be returning this year though.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: