Was Goku using stealth omen to one shot Ten and Kuririns moro arc opponents?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Was Goku using stealth omen to one shot Ten and Kuririns moro arc opponents?

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:06 pm

I know they are probably weaker than base Goku but I like to have them close as possible.

Goku one shots their opponents.

However, another user just said in another thread that he was using the same steal ui as he used against saganbo which would make sense given the timing.

What do you think?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: Was Goku using stealth omen to one shot Ten and Kuririns moro arc opponents?

Post by Yuji » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:24 pm

Look at the vestiges of aura (the white flickers of light around aura-less Goku) in these pages when Goku had activated Ultra Instinct in the tournament of power:
So, Toyotarou chose to differentiate Ultra Instinct without the aura through the use of those little white sparks around Goku. It disappears when Goku turns Ultra Instinct in the Galactic Prisoner arc, but it's a consistent design choice throughout DBS #41. While it may seem just like bits of his clothing flying upwards, Toyotarou has used this same visual distinction to imply certain characters used Ultra Instinct sneakily. For instance, look at Merus' panel when he dodges Goku's punch in the galactic patrol spaceship:
So by looking at the Kuririn panel in the following page, it does seem like Goku used Sign to defeat the girl prisoner fusion:
Against Zauyogi it seems like he only used his base form, however:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Was Goku using stealth omen to one shot Ten and Kuririns moro arc opponents?

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Nah, those enemies were fodder in the strictest sense of the word, couldn't even defeat the earthlings. Goku got much stronger and his base wasn't the exception.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:24 pm

Goku would destroy the Earthlings in his base form, that’s just how it has always been since the 23rd Budokai so it’s no wonder he had no trouble handling those enemies without transforming at all.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Yuji wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:24 pmsnip
!!!

Good observations...

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:24 pm

Goku's Base is simply on another level from the humans. I don't think it was UI Omen

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:33 pm

I know he's still stronger in base, but it changes by how much depending on if he's base and omen and if he needed omen.

I never considered they were omen untill someone else said it.

Ten says he was giving them a run for their money, which implies he thinks they could have still won, although he may just be being proud.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:39 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:33 pm I know he's still stronger in base, but it changes by how much depending on if he's base and omen and if he needed omen.

Ten says he was giving them a run for their money, which implies he thinks they could have still won, although he may just be being proud.
As I posted above, he was implied to use Sign against the girl prisoners, but was very clearly in base against Zauyogi. If you want to make a power scaling observation from this, it seems like Roshi and Kuririn had the tougher opponent, which could be an argument made for Kuririn's superiority over Tenshinhan's (not Roshi's, as Yamcha says he's still in the top 3 humans).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:39 pm
TobyS wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:33 pm I know he's still stronger in base, but it changes by how much depending on if he's base and omen and if he needed omen.

As I posted above, he was implied to use Sign against the girl prisoners, but was very clearly in base against Zauyogi. If you want to make a power scaling observation from this, it seems like Roshi and Kuririn had the tougher opponent, which could be an argument made for Kuririn's superiority over Tenshinhan's (not Roshi's, as Yamcha says he's still in the top 3 humans).
Yeah you could also say, especially using Tens statement that they weren't that outmatched that their opponent was weakened by the time Goku got to him, and regardless of wanting it to be over quick Goku didn't need omen on him anymore. Kuririn could have done less damage to his.

I think regardless of Ten Vs Kuririn he was fighting a fusion and fusion is always somewhat significant so it's fair to guess she's stronger.

The panel of Goku could be after the burst of UI wore off, I mean the whole point was they were hiding that reveal, like when he was using kaioken Vs Freeza already in the manga.

Kuririn was stronger at least as recently as of RoF right? Or the top? Going my word of god. There's no evidence to assume Tens surpassed him by Moro especially now Kuririn trains again too. Although I'd like to believe he has.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Yuji wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:24 pm*snip*
I hate to burst a well thought-out bubble, but as far as intentionality...

Those white “sparks” around Goku are supposed to be scraps of clothing, which is why they’re always accompanied by dark ones (his undershirt). His outfit becomes noticeably more tattered even with his first activation of Sign. You can see them colored both in Toyotaro’s early colored Ultra Instinct illustration and on the Volume 9 cover. The digital color manga treats all the scraps like aura, but it clearly wasn’t the intent. The hovering clothing scraps were dropped as a visual indicator for Ultra Instinct in the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc.

In the Merus panel, the “spark” is a tuft of hair, and that one is colored as such in the digital color edition.

The flecks in the Kuririn panel as Goku defeats the merged prisoners would be, similarly, scraps of clothes or hair, to sell the speed and impact.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:04 pm

Cipher wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:19 pmThe hovering clothing scraps were dropped as a visual indicator for Ultra Instinct in the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc.
Technically, the scraps do still appear as part of Goku's Omen aura in Chapters 55 and 63, presumably because his clothing is shredded in a similar fashion to the Tournament of Power in each instance. Tiny rocks take their place in Chapters 58-60, while his clothing is still intact (or else they're replaced by Blue aura-type energy, in that one bit in Chapter 60 just before he loses).

I imagine it has no real significance in terms of modifying how the scenes may be interpreted, but just saying it for the sake of it being said.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:04 pm Technically, the scraps do still appear as part of Goku's Omen aura in Chapters 55 and 63, presumably because his clothing is shredded in a similar fashion to the Tournament of Power in each instance. Tiny rocks take their place in Chapters 58-60, while his clothing is still intact (or else they're replaced by Blue aura-type energy, in that one bit in Chapter 60 just before he loses).

I imagine it has no real significance in terms of modifying how the scenes may be interpreted, but just saying it for the sake of it being said.
Good catch! I guess I was only thinking of the last few chapters of the climax.