"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:17 pm

How amusing that people actually considering including Goku Jr., like for god's sake he's just a Goten clone :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:19 am

After watching Baby's trailer a few times, I must say this is one of the best villain reveal trailers I've ever seen.

First of all, his theme is amazing. Finally, a music theme that is stressful and menacing, befitting to a creature that wants to end the heroes of this series. Presentation is also top-notch, with Baby doing 'the laugh' to extreme efficiency over and over, and the still shots doing his great ape transformation are also god-like.

Truly remarkable work and made me like the character without ever even seeing GT.

A+

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:31 am

Noah wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:17 pm How amusing that people actually considering including Goku Jr., like for god's sake he's just a Goten clone :lol:
I'd aruge with that, he is a different character, just like Goten isn't only Kid Goku clone. But i agree that he isn't important enough to be included in FighterZ. It would be cool to see him in Xenoverse or DBH (how is he not in this game already anyway?).
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:29 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:19 amFirst of all, his theme is amazing. Finally, a music theme that is stressful and menacing, befitting to a creature that wants to end the heroes of this series. Presentation is also top-notch, with Baby doing 'the laugh' to extreme efficiency over and over, and the still shots doing his great ape transformation are also god-like.
Yea like no villain in this series ever wanted that lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:02 pm

I am just bummed a bit by the January release date, as now I am on holidays and have tons of time... hope that Gogeta will be released soon.

It’s interesting to see that people still remember Goku Jr. from GT. Remember back in the day, how some guy made a GT sequel via RPG Maker, where you could play as Goku or Vegeta Juniors... it was pretty weird Final Fantasy clone with just Goku and Vegeta sprites from what I remember :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:27 pm

ArcSys announced another fighting game. That pretty much confirms no FighterZ 2 anytime soon.

We'll see which kind of support the games continues getting, Season 4 pass should be the way. I just hope we get stages besides characters.
Continuing the balance changes to keep it fresh is also awesome.
Rollback netcode would be the dream but extremely unlikely.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:28 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:02 pm I am just bummed a bit by the January release date, as now I am on holidays and have tons of time... hope that Gogeta will be released soon.

It’s interesting to see that people still remember Goku Jr. from GT. Remember back in the day, how some guy made a GT sequel via RPG Maker, where you could play as Goku or Vegeta Juniors... it was pretty weird Final Fantasy clone with just Goku and Vegeta sprites from what I remember :)
Omg i remember that. Wasn't that made in some really old version? RPG Maker 95 probably?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:19 am

At this point I just really want SS4 Gokuu and Vegeta and SS Vegeta (GT). Vegeta's GT design is seriously underrated. That hair style and jacket are cool!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:17 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:19 am At this point I just really want SS4 Gokuu and Vegeta and SS Vegeta (GT). Vegeta's GT design is seriously underrated. That hair style and jacket are cool!
I liked him a lot as a kid, just not a big fan of Vegeta’s shiny 90s pants nowadays :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:22 am

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:17 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:19 am At this point I just really want SS4 Gokuu and Vegeta and SS Vegeta (GT). Vegeta's GT design is seriously underrated. That hair style and jacket are cool!
I liked him a lot as a kid, just not a big fan of Vegeta’s shiny 90s pants nowadays :lol:
Yeah, not all of GT's clothing has aged gracefully. That being said, I do appreciate that they at least wear different clothing and look older than in Z. Makes the characters more real.
In the same way I was really excited to see Gohan's new look in Resurrection F and I was disappointed when soon after they went back to his old design. Those glasses looked good on Gohan and helps making him even more distinctive, just like they did in GT and do in Heroes for Gohan: Xeno

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:54 am

GT Vegeta would be worth it if they kept his moustache.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:42 pm

Noah wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:17 pm How amusing that people actually considering including Goku Jr., like for god's sake he's just a Goten clone :lol:
He was pretty much a prototype version of DBE Goku when you think about it :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:07 pm

Hmm, now I think about it, it makes sense that this whole season will end without any new Dramatic Finish, sadly.
There's no GT planet in the stages available for Kid Goku to finish Baby as a Super Saiyan 4.
And when it comes to SS4 Gogeta, there's the stage (the destroyed city), but not the only opponent he faces, which makes even an "non-canon" Dramatic Finish impossible.

That's a bummer. Guess there'll be more opportunities in a potential season 4.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:34 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:07 pm There's no GT planet in the stages available for Kid Goku to finish Baby as a Super Saiyan 4.
Is that a problem? Recently we got Goku&Frieza vs Jiren, Gogeta vs Broly and Goku vs Kefla dramatic finish with no stages for them either.
According to trailer, when Baby transforms to Oozaru they briefly change map for destroyed terrain. They could even use that somehow or just rocky area.

Bigger problem would be transforming Baby into his own form as that would need:
1. Goku transforming into SSJ4
2. Baby transforming into Oozaru
3. Goku knocking out Baby
4. Goku blasting his tail off
5. Baby running to spaceship
6. Goku finishing him with Kamehameha

That's a lot of steps and would be pretty long animation. Also it could look weird for them to just transfom randomly.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:39 pm

^ I guess you're right, that space stage seems to be used for a lot of "in another world" environments. And the rocky area looks enough like it too.

I guess for the whole setup, they would take shortcuts like they usually do with those cutscenes: Goku would turn SS4, give a few impressive hits to Baby who would just revert to his previous form due to feeling weak in less than 10 seconds into the cutscene, and then run away to the nearby ship and be blasted to the sun similarly to Broly.
All of it would last between 30 and 45 seconds, I guess.

BUT I guess if there was a Dramatic Finish, they would have showcased it in the Jump now that the character is about to be released.
I love those Dramatic Finishes, but I have to accept that it's unlikely we'll get anymore until the next season.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:39 am

Dramatic Finishes that they should add via patches:

Base Goku vs. Piccolo at the Tenkachi Budokai stage
Base Goku vs. Nappa
SSj Goku vs. Coola
SSj Blue Goku vs. Freeza
Jiren vs. Hit
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:31 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:29 am
Nickolaidas wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:19 amFirst of all, his theme is amazing. Finally, a music theme that is stressful and menacing, befitting to a creature that wants to end the heroes of this series. Presentation is also top-notch, with Baby doing 'the laugh' to extreme efficiency over and over, and the still shots doing his great ape transformation are also god-like.
Yea like no villain in this series ever wanted that lol
That's the point. This is the first theme that actually fits to such a character.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:32 pm

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1 ... 2695512064

Baby showcase starting soon. Really curious about this character.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:35 pm

BABY

IS

FUCKING

IN-SANE

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:11 pm

So during moveset showcase entire chat was like "he's so slow", "disappointed", "buff him" but then they showed him in actual action lol.

Also, that Super Galick Gun looks sick.