Johnny Yong Bosch Replaces Vic Mignogna as Broly.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Johnny Yong Bosch Replaces Vic Mignogna as Broly.

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:51 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:25 am Kind of sucks this man's reputation was ruined over lies and rumors.
Ooh Bosch had his reputation ruined by lies and rumors when did that happen? He seems fairly well liked to me.

At least most people here seem fine with him replacing a creepy sexual predator.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:51 am
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:25 am Kind of sucks this man's reputation was ruined over lies and rumors.
Ooh Bosch had his reputation ruined by lies and rumors when did that happen? He seems fairly well liked to me.

At least most people here seem fine with him replacing a creepy sexual predator.
I thought he was referring to Vic?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:39 am

KBABZ wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:51 am

I thought he was referring to Vic?

Oh, I don’t think anyone’s that stupid to still think Vanilla Mcnuggets is innocent.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:52 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:39 am Oh, I don’t think anyone’s that stupid to still think Vanilla Mcnuggets is innocent.
Don't you even remember the discourse this time three years ago?

Also: Vicken McNuggets.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:51 am

This is demonstrably untrue and if you're still being swindled over this at this point in time, that's some real crazy shit right there.

(Also, three pages in, and I'm struggling to see what the point of this thread is now. Clicking through to that other forum post, are y'all just talking about lines in one of the mobile games? Were they actively replaced from old recordings? Please always strive to provide substance in your posts. We don't need three pages of nothingness.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:42 pm

Some of those "lies and rumors" have a lot of posts on this forum, y'know, and they don't appreciate your sentiment toward their factual unfortunate experience with Vic.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:28 pm

I was curious to hear how JYB would sound as classic Broly, and now I know. Not bad.

DBPirate

Post by DBPirate » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:00 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:14 am
DBPirate wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:28 pm The decision to redub the movie is a good one. If they're going to have a new actor, I appreciate the consistency.
Probably just his lines right?
I would assume so. On the other hand, they also redubbed some of Daman Mills' lines in the early ToP episodes with Chris Ayres on the home release and I don't think they turned out well so there's a chance this could be bad.
Favorite sagas: Tien Shinhan (DB), Frieza (Z), Future Trunks (Super)
Favorite characters: Frieza, Future Trunks, Beerus, Android 17, Zamasu, Gohan

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 pm

I'm not sure how FUNi records their lines, but I would think a standalone re-recording with one person might not turn out so well. So, unless someone feels especially strong about it. Vic may stay the voice of Broly past.

I don't know about what happened with Vic beyond a topic on this site a few months back. But my feelings on any sort of accusations like this is, we need to be very careful when it comes to these. These sort of things will ruin lives forever. Lives that are beyond the accused themselves. Living in the Age of Information, even if it turns out the accustions were wrong, it will stick to the person forever. And true or false, the only thing that needs to happen if for an accusation to take place. No other evidence seems to be required. At all.

I'm not saying Vic's guilty. Not saying he's innocent. Off-hand, I have no idea what the dude even looks like. And Only know him for sure as the voice of Ed in FMA. All I'm saying is that innocent people get sent to deathrow and we can even figure out how to stop killing innocent people. we need to definitely figure out a way to not give potentially innocent people a sentence worse than death.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:27 pm

If you know nothing, you're going to tell us that you know nothing, and you're not willing to read up on anything whatsoever, then I have to question the motivation behind leaving your two cents of (faux?-)"now wait let's all just be rational here".

This has literally been litigated, so we're not going to relitigate it here.

As it stands right now (again), there's nothing else to say.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::