"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowVezon » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:31 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:51 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:23 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:58 pm I bought Xenoverse 2 for the Switch and I thought the Switch version has all of the content unlock? Most of the stuff is not even lock from the start of the game.
Why would the Switch version of the game have the content unlocked from the start? It's not Mario Kart 8. That makes no sense.
I thought it came with all of the DLC from the start because I remember reading about it when it came out in 2017? I was wrong and you can buy the Legend Patrol with all of the stroy content complete. However, nothing is working for me when I downloaded it.
As an incentive to buy the port, purchasing the game within roughly the first month of its release unlocked all the base game characters and the Legend Patrol from the start. That is no longer a thing, and now you can only get Legend Patrol by buying the Season Pass.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:18 am

TobyS wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:46 am
The S wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 am I didn't expect anybody else after Chronoa, so that gives me hope for Kaiōshin, Gero, and 19 finally.
I always assume Kaioshin is missing it's weird he is.

Wish we had him Kibito Chaozu and the mid forms of Buu cell Freeza. 19 and 20...

Hope XV3 plugs all those gaps and gives us a bunch more pikon was so damn random.
True but also look how long it took us to get Dabra.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Not really complaining about getting Pikon, and who knows who else (would like Kale and Caulifla, along with non-FPSS Broly from Super), but I also want more story/story-like content.

I'm still enjoying the Purification Form for Majins (just, the lack of being able to go to other stages while transformed sucks), Meditation took a hit time wise but is still useable for short term gains, and being able to "edit" more characters were all things on my list that got checked off. Though, why Freeza's 1st form, of all things, is the only one to be customizable I'll never know. Maybe add in Golden Form (and Cooler's Metal form) sometime down the line? And a better Jiren. Especially a better Jiren.

4 years though, to still be updating a Dragon Ball game, is still odd. Only a few other games have been treated as such (GTA V for example).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:01 pm

How do you get the Dragon Balls in this game? I try to fight the other TP characters and the AI for them are super cheap. My character is at level 35 BTW.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:01 pm How do you get the Dragon Balls in this game? I try to fight the other TP characters and the AI for them are super cheap. My character is at level 35 BTW.
PQs with Time Patrollers. Though, RNG with them can be annoying. The PQ where Namek is about to explode in 5 minutes is an easy one to grind, especially for lower levels.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 pm

If they intend to drag this on next year then why don't they give us new stories or features outside of customization?
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:01 pm How do you get the Dragon Balls in this game? I try to fight the other TP characters and the AI for them are super cheap. My character is at level 35 BTW.
The easiest one is PQ4, Prepare for the Attack of the Saiyans. After defeating the humans three Time Patrollers pop up on the lookout. Simply restart the match if you didn't get a ball from beating them all.

The fastest one is PQ23, The Explosion of Namek. You just have to kill Freeza in less than 3 minutes to trigger the Ultimate Finish, and then beat the 3 patrollers .
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:01 pm

Been going back and playing a bit more;

Finally found a good set for Future Trunks custom. Not a "one hit wonder", but the kind where you can spam even ultimates to a degree. Lack of health keeps him balanced.

Pan, despite how people feel about her in GT, is probably one of the more under appreciated characters in the game. Good move set, decent super souls, and good combos. Now if only she could get at least SSJ 1.

Z-vanish is simply something I cannot do, especially in the middle of a fight

With Jiren's Meditation time severely nerfed, he needs at least 1 alternate form

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:17 pm

If Xenoverse 2 doesn't want to die then maybe DIMPS could give us some characters people have wanted for ages.
Such as:
>Roshi
>Toppo
>Dyspo
>Kale and Caulifla as seperate characters
>Bio Broly and Garlic Jr

Also the other races need new awoken skills.
Such as:
>Humans=A godly version of potential unleased called Godly Potential
>Majins=eh I aint got a clue for these guys honestly
>Namekians=The red eye form or something like that
>Freeza race=Mastered Golden Form
>Saiyans=Yeah these guys have gotten lots of stuff but maybe SSJ4 would be a good addition

However looking forward if Xenoverse 3 does ever come out, one goddamn thing I would love would be a visual overhaul. I never played kakarot but looking at the fights there while I think the effects are a bit too much, the animations for special moves and hitting people through things would be such a great addition to Xenoverse 3.

SSGSWarrior

Post by SSGSWarrior » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm

OrangeBanana wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:17 pm If Xenoverse 2 doesn't want to die then maybe DIMPS could give us some characters people have wanted for ages.
Such as:
>Roshi
>Toppo
>Dyspo
>Bio Broly and Garlic Jr

Such as:
>Saiyans=Yeah these guys have gotten lots of stuff but maybe SSJ4 would be a good addition

However looking forward if Xenoverse 3 does ever come out, one goddamn thing I would love would be a visual overhaul. I never played kakarot but looking at the fights there while I think the effects are a bit too much, the animations for special moves and hitting people through things would be such a great addition to Xenoverse 3.
They should just keep going with XV2. There isnt enough new stuff for a XV3 to be honest.

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:41 pm

SSGSWarrior wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm
OrangeBanana wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:17 pm If Xenoverse 2 doesn't want to die then maybe DIMPS could give us some characters people have wanted for ages.
Such as:
>Roshi
>Toppo
>Dyspo
>Bio Broly and Garlic Jr

Such as:

They should just keep going with XV2. There isnt enough new stuff for a XV3 to be honest.
Xenoverse 3 could bring more stuff with it than just simple content additions.
For Example:
>Improved lighting, textures, much better animations.
>New story and original characters.
>Better and expanded gameplay ie,Different fighting styles for your CaC, better hit detection, improved multi opponent fighting.
>Expanded character customisation
>Hopefully better balancing

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Such as:
>Roshi
>Toppo
>Dyspo
>Bio Broly and Garlic Jr

Such as:

Bio-Broly? Not even old school Broly fans like Bio-Broly. Garlic Jr, meh. The film wasn't the worst, not the best either. And the arc was tedious at best.

The rest are good though. And I would include a few variants for Jiren, Super Broly (non-Super Saiyan form), Super Saiyan (at least level 1) for the other Saiyans that don't have it (Pan, Turles, and Raditz), etc.

For the Majins; perhaps something like Super Buu? They become thinner, but stay/become taller. Purification Form got the upgrade it needed (and is my favorite over even the various Super Saiyan forms).

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 pm

SSGSWarrior wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Such as:
>Roshi
>Toppo
>Dyspo
>Bio Broly and Garlic Jr

Such as:

There's like an entire game and 2 years worth of DLC to be made off of Heroes alone. There is also nothing stopping them from making their own OC characters and storylines.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 pm

I swear, every time they announce a new character, people act like nobody wanted them. You guys seriously don't think there was demand for Pikkon? He's surprisingly popular. There are a TON of characters left to add that have tons of fans, and there are forms for existing characters that a lot of people want to see, like Mecha Frieza and Broly (Berserk). There are even people asking to get shirtless Jiren, for crying out loud. They will never run out of characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:02 pm

I want Chilled. I'm kind of tired of doing mostly Super Saiyan Bardock beating the crap out of Freeza. It's also weird that the reason Bardock has a Super Saiyan isn't in the game. Bardock and Chilled should come in pair.

King Vegeta and Tarble should appear more in games too.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:53 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:02 pm I want Chilled. I'm kind of tired of doing mostly Super Saiyan Bardock beating the crap out of Freeza. It's also weird that the reason Bardock has a Super Saiyan isn't in the game. Bardock and Chilled should come in pair.

King Vegeta and Tarble should appear more in games too.
I think the reason Chilled hasn't shown up in any mainline game is due to his lack of popularity compared to Bardock.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 pm I swear, every time they announce a new character, people act like nobody wanted them. You guys seriously don't think there was demand for Pikkon? He's surprisingly popular. There are a TON of characters left to add that have tons of fans, and there are forms for existing characters that a lot of people want to see, like Mecha Frieza and Broly (Berserk). There are even people asking to get shirtless Jiren, for crying out loud. They will never run out of characters.
I was actually missing Paikuhan to go with Gogeta and Janemba... But I miss the Cell and Freeza forms the same way.
Gotenks Buu as well.
I hope the game will just end and they will give us something completely new as I have actually enjoyed Raging Blast 2 and Sparking! Meteor way more and played those games for years, repeatedly. (And still, besides FighterZ animations, RB2 had great transformations).
Like people hated Spikesoft for lacking content, but gameplaywise, what XV series has in content (and still lacking on character's side), it lacks in gameplay, which is superior in the Sparking and Raging Blast series in my honest opinion.

I am like broken record, but everytime I go back to XV because of new content, I want to play the Versus mode the most, just to be annoyed by it and taking the disc out again for couple of months. Still didn't finish the last training challenge just to hit the Platinum trophy, because the combo inputs are crap.

Anyway, about Tarble... poor guy. Got tossed in one anniversary short, just to be forgotten right after and getting his carbon copy in Universe 6.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:53 amI think the reason Chilled hasn't shown up in any mainline game is due to his lack of popularity compared to Bardock.
Most certainly, but still... Popularity comes as long as the character keeps appearing.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:53 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 am Anyway, about Tarble... poor guy. Got tossed in one anniversary short, just to be forgotten right after and getting his carbon copy in Universe 6.
I hate Tarble. His existence serves no purpose and makes Vegeta look like a complete asshole. Even in his one appearance, he does nothing but...show up and watch others fight for him. And then he gets one mention in Battle of Gods (the movie, but not the anime, which frustratingly casts doubt in the character's canonicity), where Vegeta would apparently rather let the Earth be obliterated than ask his brother for help. Again, Tarble makes Vegeta look like a complete asshole.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Does anyone else hate the way hair looks in this game? It's so plasticky and stiff and it looks especially worse on Goku and the saiyans; like a spray painted bald spot and a bunch of random spikes

I think Raging Blast had the right idea

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:31 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:30 pm Does anyone else hate the way hair looks in this game? It's so plasticky and stiff and it looks especially worse on Goku and the saiyans; like a spray painted bald spot and a bunch of random spikes

I think Raging Blast had the right idea

Better than how he looks in Kakarot, that's for sure.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs