How would you...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

How would you...

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm

...create a script centered around any original Z movie characters/concepts that would be retconed to fit DBS' storyline?

It's too often when people discuss which characters they wish to see receive the same treatment Broly did, but I hardly see anyone elaborating on how said ideas can be tied into the existing mythos. It's of course, a rather vague request, with a high level of difficulty (I for one, have not directed any works, nor have I written any books etc, to know how to properly create a story), but concepts aside, it's the ideas that personally make this whole theorycrafting appealing to me in the first place!

So part 1 would consist of picking the elements to create the story! I personally would have to pick 3 concepts from the old Z movies: the Tree of Might, Tullece and the Hera-seijin.

I won't go into a lot of detail in the main post since it's directed towards everyone (even me) so I'd imagine that what your story is required to have is:
  • connection to the pre-existing lore,
  • how will the characters interact in the story,
  • what will their motives be,
  • when will it take place (I guess a followup to DBS manga's Moro arc?),
  • how will they change Universe 7 and
  • what theme will the story have (all out war, a mysterious plot, a tournament etc).

Again I'm no writer, but I've tried to keep myself relatively informed about this type of things, cause it's more fun than just saying "EEhhh I WaNT CooLer to RetUrn".

So take your time to answer these questions and let's see what you come up with!
P O W E R

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How would you...

Post by pepd » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:57 pm

This is a scraped idea, so is not really developed, and I don't remember it well, but here it is:

Bojack: The idea was to make him be from another universe. He was an space pirate the believed in extreme freedom, he would kill and do whatever he wanted. When saw the work of the hakaishin decided to oppose him, his comerades were killed, and he was imprisioned instead of destroyed out of simpathy (or he killed the hakaishin and was imprisoned). Somehow he knows the hakai. Something happened or would happen between hakaishins, and Beerus would end in charge of him. Beerus would release him to do his work or push Goku and Vegeta because they are still weak. Bojack would go from planet to planet being a pirate and eventually would encounter the Galactic Patrol of whom he would hear the earthlings know the hakaishin. At the end Bojack would be made a Hakashin of a new universe and decide not to interfere as a god in his universe (or maybe he was just destroyed by Beerus)

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:17 pm

I actually wrote a summary of an intro for a hypothetical DBS Cooler a while back. The story as a whole isn't fully developed, since that's all I made. Here it is:

After the events of DBS: Broly, Frieza has been trying to find a way to conclusively defeat Goku, Vegeta and Beerus so that he can conquer the universe. He's given up on Broly, this time he'll do it himself. Taking inspiration from how Super Saiyan was a legend come true, Frieza begins researching every myth and legend he can find across the universe in order to exploit them. Most of the legends are duds or just minor "divine water" type deals, but eventually, one of his men actually finds something promising. Killing the researcher so that only he knows about it, Frieza sets off towards a secluded planet.

On the remote world, a mountainous rock that doesn't stand out much at all, Frieza begins searching for caves, following the myth. It gets a little messy since Frieza is impatient, a lot of the planet is blown to smithereens, but eventually, he finds the promised cave. Frieza enters the cave, walking in complete darkness for a little while. Then, he steps into a magnificent light; he enters a cavern filled with glittering crystals. Frieza cackles, as this is exactly what the legends described. In this crystal cavern, Frieza can become all-powerful! Then, in the shadows, the silhouette of a person becomes just barely visible. The figure begins to speak, and Frieza's laughter ends immediately.
"It's been a long time, my dimwit brother." (I added this part as a joke, obviously. He doesn't need to say that.)

As far as your questions/requirements go, I'll have to spitball a bit, but here goes:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm I won't go into a lot of detail in the main post since it's directed towards everyone (even me) so I'd imagine that what your story is required to have is:
  1. connection to the pre-existing lore,
  2. how will the characters interact in the story,
  3. what will their motives be,
  4. when will it take place (I guess a followup to DBS manga's Moro arc?),
  5. how will they change Universe 7 and
  6. what theme will the story have (all out war, a mysterious plot, a tournament etc).
1. As far as pre-existing lore goes, there wouldn't be all that much of it. Instead, this connects back to Frieza and particularly King Cold's backstory, and would expand on it quite a bit by adding new lore. Essentially, it "fills a gap" in the existing lore. It'd be explained later on in the story that Cooler was exiled (more like left for dead) by King Cold after Frieza was born, since Frieza was much more of a prodigy than him, and was considered to fit much better as heir to the empire. Cooler wasn't very strong, and he lacked the sheer, natural evil Frieza had (but he's not a good person either, mind you).

2. Cooler would be the opposite of Frieza in many ways. He's still evil, but he's serious rather than arrogant, stoic rather than cocky. Vegeta would take a liking to him, in relative terms at least. They both agree on disliking Frieza and wanting to destroy him and his empire, even if their reasons for doing so are different. Several other characters, such as Piccolo, can also see a positive in Cooler's quest, though they're all obviously wary of what might happen to the universe if he succeeds. Goku, on the other hand, is a fair bit more positive to Frieza, as we've seen in canon. This automatically makes him an enemy of Cooler. Beerus is also not on Cooler's side, half because Frieza helped in the ToP and he gifted him a new life in return, and half because of the specifics of how Cooler managed to get strong. It eventually gets to a point where Goku ends up defending Frieza, which is obviously a bad move, and it's what causes the main battle to begin.

3. Cooler intends on crushing Frieza and his empire, as he feels his birthright was stolen from him. It's unknown what Cooler intends to do after succeeding, even to himself, as he's pretty much devoted his life to that one goal. Maybe he'd create his own empire, or maybe he'd just continue to destroy things.

4. Everything in Super seems to happen in the same general timeframe. This would happen in that timeframe as well. Any point after DBS: Broly will work.

5. This story impacts the role Frieza's empire has in the universe. So the power structure of the universe is shaken, if not completely changed. The way Cooler gains power is also not specific to him, and that method, along with all the other researched legends, become available as ways for characters to power up if later plots would call for it.

6. I'm not sure if I can point at a very specific theme, but the story highlights the way the characters think. Their moral compasses and all that. There's also something pretty big in there about holding on to or letting go of the past. This is intended as a movie-style story, so it wouldn't be super complex, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:38 pm

pepd wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:57 pm This is a scraped idea, so is not really developed, and I don't remember it well, but here it is:

Bojack: The idea was to make him be from another universe. He was an space pirate the believed in extreme freedom, he would kill and do whatever he wanted. When saw the work of the hakaishin decided to oppose him, his comerades were killed, and he was imprisioned instead of destroyed out of simpathy (or he killed the hakaishin and was imprisoned). Somehow he knows the hakai. Something happened or would happen between hakaishins, and Beerus would end in charge of him. Beerus would release him to do his work or push Goku and Vegeta because they are still weak. Bojack would go from planet to planet being a pirate and eventually would encounter the Galactic Patrol of whom he would hear the earthlings know the hakaishin. At the end Bojack would be made a Hakashin of a new universe and decide not to interfere as a god in his universe (or maybe he was just destroyed by Beerus)
There is potential with ideas like this if we are ever introduced to the lost Universes! I also would like to use Herans in a story, maybe not Bojack in particular though.
Alruneia wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:17 pm I actually wrote a summary of an intro for a hypothetical DBS Cooler a while back. The story as a whole isn't fully developed, since that's all I made. Here it is:

After the events of DBS: Broly, Frieza has been trying to find a way to conclusively defeat Goku, Vegeta and Beerus so that he can conquer the universe. He's given up on Broly, this time he'll do it himself. Taking inspiration from how Super Saiyan was a legend come true, Frieza begins researching every myth and legend he can find across the universe in order to exploit them. Most of the legends are duds or just minor "divine water" type deals, but eventually, one of his men actually finds something promising. Killing the researcher so that only he knows about it, Frieza sets off towards a secluded planet.

On the remote world, a mountainous rock that doesn't stand out much at all, Frieza begins searching for caves, following the myth. It gets a little messy since Frieza is impatient, a lot of the planet is blown to smithereens, but eventually, he finds the promised cave. Frieza enters the cave, walking in complete darkness for a little while. Then, he steps into a magnificent light; he enters a cavern filled with glittering crystals. Frieza cackles, as this is exactly what the legends described. In this crystal cavern, Frieza can become all-powerful! Then, in the shadows, the silhouette of a person becomes just barely visible. The figure begins to speak, and Frieza's laughter ends immediately.
"It's been a long time, my dimwit brother." (I added this part as a joke, obviously. He doesn't need to say that.)

As far as your questions/requirements go, I'll have to spitball a bit, but here goes:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm I won't go into a lot of detail in the main post since it's directed towards everyone (even me) so I'd imagine that what your story is required to have is:
  1. connection to the pre-existing lore,
  2. how will the characters interact in the story,
  3. what will their motives be,
  4. when will it take place (I guess a followup to DBS manga's Moro arc?),
  5. how will they change Universe 7 and
  6. what theme will the story have (all out war, a mysterious plot, a tournament etc).
1. As far as pre-existing lore goes, there wouldn't be all that much of it. Instead, this connects back to Frieza and particularly King Cold's backstory, and would expand on it quite a bit by adding new lore. Essentially, it "fills a gap" in the existing lore. It'd be explained later on in the story that Cooler was exiled (more like left for dead) by King Cold after Frieza was born, since Frieza was much more of a prodigy than him, and was considered to fit much better as heir to the empire. Cooler wasn't very strong, and he lacked the sheer, natural evil Frieza had (but he's not a good person either, mind you).

2. Cooler would be the opposite of Frieza in many ways. He's still evil, but he's serious rather than arrogant, stoic rather than cocky. Vegeta would take a liking to him, in relative terms at least. They both agree on disliking Frieza and wanting to destroy him and his empire, even if their reasons for doing so are different. Several other characters, such as Piccolo, can also see a positive in Cooler's quest, though they're all obviously wary of what might happen to the universe if he succeeds. Goku, on the other hand, is a fair bit more positive to Frieza, as we've seen in canon. This automatically makes him an enemy of Cooler. Beerus is also not on Cooler's side, half because Frieza helped in the ToP and he gifted him a new life in return, and half because of the specifics of how Cooler managed to get strong. It eventually gets to a point where Goku ends up defending Frieza, which is obviously a bad move, and it's what causes the main battle to begin.

3. Cooler intends on crushing Frieza and his empire, as he feels his birthright was stolen from him. It's unknown what Cooler intends to do after succeeding, even to himself, as he's pretty much devoted his life to that one goal. Maybe he'd create his own empire, or maybe he'd just continue to destroy things.

4. Everything in Super seems to happen in the same general timeframe. This would happen in that timeframe as well. Any point after DBS: Broly will work.

5. This story impacts the role Frieza's empire has in the universe. So the power structure of the universe is shaken, if not completely changed. The way Cooler gains power is also not specific to him, and that method, along with all the other researched legends, become available as ways for characters to power up if later plots would call for it.

6. I'm not sure if I can point at a very specific theme, but the story highlights the way the characters think. Their moral compasses and all that. There's also something pretty big in there about holding on to or letting go of the past. This is intended as a movie-style story, so it wouldn't be super complex, though.

Very detailed even if a WIP! This is what I want to see from fans! I can totally accept a plot like this one. Some minor questions though: is Cooler going to remain visually the same as in from Z (ofc with new art)? Are his powers going to be similar (5th form and maybe Golden?), or is he after a different method of achieving the means to overthrow his brother? Glad to see a Cooler suggestion not involving fusion with Freeza :lol:

As for you earlier comment, I think I didn't word it correctly myself. Connection to the lore also means expanding on the currently available stuff so my bad there.
P O W E R

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:38 pm Very detailed even if a WIP! This is what I want to see from fans! I can totally accept a plot like this one. Some minor questions though: is Cooler going to remain visually the same as in from Z (ofc with new art)? Are his powers going to be similar (5th form and maybe Golden?), or is he after a different method of achieving the means to overthrow his brother? Glad to see a Cooler suggestion not involving fusion with Freeza :lol:

As for you earlier comment, I think I didn't word it correctly myself. Connection to the lore also means expanding on the currently available stuff so my bad there.
Glad you like it. :P

Cooler's basic form would look mostly the same as in the Z movie, though updated to fit the current art style.
He would power up with a transformation, and the result would be something I'm calling Crystal Cooler for now. It'd involve some of the features that the 5th form has, such as the spikes, which fit with how uncut crystals tend to be shaped, but most of the changes would be more like the golden form, with a colour change and less pronounced differences. Crystal Cooler's colour palette wouldn't be golden, though, it'd be a lot like Meta-Cooler's palette instead. So essentially it'd be a mix of the 5th form and the golden form, with its own Cooler-y twists added in too. (The form is a result of Cooler being on the planet with that crystal cavern, as described, though I haven't ironed out the specifics of it.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:21 pm

As for my idea, I had this in mind:

In the core of Universe 7 lies Planet Hera. A beautiful, rich world, home to an ancient race serving the Shin-jin, the Hera-seijin. These individuals have secluded themselves from all other civilizations in the universe to serve their purpose of guarding a legendary weapon. When the Shin-jin entrusted the Namekku-seijin with the Dragon Balls due to their responsible nature, they gave the Hera-seijin the Tree of Might. A wondrous tree from which it's fruits would grant longevity and tremendous powers to the one who consumed it and they would also be used to promote Kaio to Kaioshin (if not born Kaioshin). For millions of years the Hera-seijin protected the Tree from enemies who wished to use it as a weapon, but one point in history arrived when King Cold, a ruthless monarch, would wish to attain it's power. With countless soldiers and in command of the savage Saiyans, King Cold sent young Tullece, older brother to Bardock to take over the world with his squad. Tullece wanted to be free of Cold's grasp and succeeding in this mission would buy his and his brother's freedom.

The attack on Planet Hera occured and the Saiyans were nearly successful, but another group of individual Hera-seijin led by their Kami named Bojack, took a seed from the Tree and destroyed it, escaping the planet in the process. Tullece and his crew reported their failure to King Cold who brutally murdered everyone, including their comrades in life but not before Tullece erased his history as the brother of Bardock, hoping that his brother would be spared, which happened. Now, Bojack and his fellow Hera-seijin run across the universe in hopes of re-establishing their civilization and restoring the Tree. Eventually, the Hera-seijin were forgotten and Bojack with his comrades turned rogue to survive, raiding planets in the process. With the fruits from the Tree of Might, none could opposse them, falling down a dark path instead of continuing their righteous actions.

And eventually, the Hera-seijin stumble upon Earth. They plan to raid the planet like they normally would (without the Galactic Patrol finding out) until they learn that Saiyan-jin exist in this world. Fueled by blind rage for the beasts who destoryed their world and seeing how the Shin-jin favor this particular planet (Supreme Kai was seen on the planet), Bojack and his crew fully attack Earth coming into conflict with the cast.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm
  • connection to the pre-existing lore,
  • how will the characters interact in the story,
  • what will their motives be,
  • when will it take place (I guess a followup to DBS manga's Moro arc?),
  • how will they change Universe 7 and
  • what theme will the story have (all out war, a mysterious plot, a tournament etc).
1) Heran-seijin protecting the Tree of Might which is required for the ritual of a Kaio being promoted to a Kaioshin in U7 (similarly to how Zamasu was promoted, but with this extra something), Tullece being Bardock's older brother wishing to leave Cold's service, the destruction of Hera and the reveal of Bojack being initially a Kami.

2) Bojack having a divine background and a powerful artifact to utilize alongside his demi-god attendants, would make him a competetive enemy of the Saiyans and the Kaioshin for forgetting his race at their time of need (actually the Kaioshin during Hera's destruction were preoccupied with trying to figure out Majin Buu's whereabouts to avoid a universal threat). Excuses would fall short for Bojack who just wants to put an end to the miserable life of his enemies and plant the last seeds of the Tree of Might on Earth.

3) Defeat the Saiyans, kill the Kaioshin and plant the Tree so they can exert their rule over the universe with justice since the current gods can't defend it.

4) Post-DBS: Broly, could work after Moro too.

5) Being of divine background and having access to the fruits that the Kaioshin wish to preserve, makes them a dangerous enemy and with no Guardians for the Tree, many craving power could happen to steal the fruits and spread them across the cosmos, causing chaos in the process. Perhaps a fruit from the tree ends up in Freeza's hands? Another villain's? Who knows.

6) Similar to DBS: Broly, it will be an arc taking place in a matter of days, with plenty of dueling between the Heran-seijin and the main cast, with the climax coming down on Goku and Vegeta fighting against Bojack who would eat the fruits from the Tree to gain huge power, transforming in the process.

Bojack (and his crew's) signature move which can even counter Ultra Instinct is the "Psychic Threads", a move in which the Heran-seijin manipulate the energy emmited by their enemies , or their own energy, to form invisible, energy threads which can be used to immobilize, cut in half or even manipulate their enemies. Strong willpower, strength and the ability to seal one's energy/form an area of stillness around them (Spirirt Fission manip) can negate/counter this ability, but the opponents don't even need to be as strong as their enemy for this technique to work, putting our heroes at a disadvntage against the coordinated team efforts of the Hera-seijin. On top of that, they can use permanent energy Barriers making any type of energy based attacks useless on them and focing the enemy to go meele where they shine with their Threads ability.

Ultimately, victory would ensue, the Hera-seijin would perish alongside the final seeds of the Tree and the Kaioshin would perform a ritual on the dead Hera-seijin to put their lives at rest.
Last edited by Grand Marshal 1 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Alruneia wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:07 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:38 pm Very detailed even if a WIP! This is what I want to see from fans! I can totally accept a plot like this one. Some minor questions though: is Cooler going to remain visually the same as in from Z (ofc with new art)? Are his powers going to be similar (5th form and maybe Golden?), or is he after a different method of achieving the means to overthrow his brother? Glad to see a Cooler suggestion not involving fusion with Freeza :lol:

Glad you like it. :P

Cooler's basic form would look mostly the same as in the Z movie, though updated to fit the current art style.
He would power up with a transformation, and the result would be something I'm calling Crystal Cooler for now. It'd involve some of the features that the 5th form has, such as the spikes, which fit with how uncut crystals tend to be shaped, but most of the changes would be more like the golden form, with a colour change and less pronounced differences. Crystal Cooler's colour palette wouldn't be golden, though, it'd be a lot like Meta-Cooler's palette instead. So essentially it'd be a mix of the 5th form and the golden form, with its own Cooler-y twists added in too. (The form is a result of Cooler being on the planet with that crystal cavern, as described, though I haven't ironed out the specifics of it.)
For some reason I feel like an Amethyst Purple for Crystal Cooler would be extremely fitting. With those shoulder spikes looking like Prisms (reminds me of Space Godzilla and that's a hella cool concept)!
P O W E R

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:17 am

I had an idea for an OVA called "Dragon Ball Legends"...real original, right guys? :lol:

It would have taken the place of the 2008/Tarble OVA and would be more than one episode. A certain individual would have found a Tuffle lab that contained Baby, then sent him towards Earth, where he would have infected Vegeta, etc. Baby's defeat would have led into Broly, then a three-way war for the remains of Frieza's empire between Turles, Slug and Cooler.

Cooler was the one who released Baby, intending to remove any potential obstacles towards his victory. Turles would have taken the place of Frieza in the Broly part of the OVA, since it would be Nu-Broly instead of Z-Broly.

As for how this would work in Super, we already have Broly and the current arc is leaning towards a "race that wants revenge on the Saiyans" bit, so I'd only really have to fit in the three-way war.

Turles, Slug and Cooler wouldn't know about God Ki, but they would have had just as long as Goku, Vegeta and Frieza to train, so they're sufficiently strong enough to cause trouble.

Turles would have been a trouble maker that eventually abandoned the Frieza Force and set off to form his own army. He was away from Vegeta when Frieza destroyed it. He sailed the universe looking for strong warriors to join him. He also fathered many children over the years, not to rebuild the Saiyan race, but to build his legacy. He keeps a record of which union created the strongest offspring.

Slug I'm not too sure about. Maybe he found a way to force Namekian Fusion and ate a large amount of his brethren, then began training and other methods of getting stronger? Think the U6 Namekians from the TOP, but evil. Or maybe he found mystic forces, such as the "Namekian Book of Legends" which detailed methods of increasing power. He's still a "Super Namekian", as in the Z movie.

Cooler would essentially be his Z counterpart, with the addition of fully embracing the potential of technology. He would have his Fifth Form, but he would also have plenty of technological enhancements applied to his body, making him kind of a cross between his movie 5 and 6 selves. He would have infinite energy and stamina like the Androids in addition to other abilities. As for where he's been all this time...I'm not sure yet. Maybe healing from the process of modifying his body.

Cooler's unlimited stamina causes Turles to seek out Broly to form an alliance, which leads to an encounter with the Z-Fighters. Frieza laughs at the "monkeys" fighting each other as Slug's ship appears in orbit around Earth. Turles' crew engage Slug's ship while the Namekian descends to the surface.

The henchmen of Turles, Slug and Cooler from the Z movies would stay the same.

That's what I've got so far. I'm not sure how Turles, Slug and Cooler could really change U7 that much for future arcs, but I guess it could explain things like half-Saiyans showing up later, Piccolo later finding and using the same source of mystical power that Slug had, and perhaps Frieza adopting some of his brother's tech.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:07 am

Garlic Jr could be the son of a Demon that lost the God of Destruction position to Beerus

I imagine Cooler could be updated pretty easily too. Have him be the son of King Cold who was born without Frieza's potential. Maybe he catches up to Frieza's level by training, making a wish, or aligning himself with the right people. Cooler would actually be pretty interesting now that Frieza is alive again. We could see the two of them interact.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:08 pm

I would make the Seed/Tree/Fruit of Might Beerus' predecessor's way of planetary destruction/power up, but when he retired he hid the seeds from Beerus, figuring he'd go overboard since he loves to eat so much. That God of Destruction went back to his mortal coil, eventually died, and eons later a young Turles scavenged on a world that led was where that previous God lay, his seeds buried in the coffin with him.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:30 pm For some reason I feel like an Amethyst Purple for Crystal Cooler would be extremely fitting. With those shoulder spikes looking like Prisms (reminds me of Space Godzilla and that's a hella cool concept)!
Well, I was more going for an aquamarine colour based on the Meta-Cooler callback. It's not like purple isn't part of Cooler's palette as is, though, I guess. I might draw a concept sometime and show you what I'm thinking.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:21 pm As for my idea, I had this in mind: <snip>
This is a really interesting way to combine several Z movies into one story! The connection to the Supreme Kais and the Zamasu bit is nice too, it does deserve a bit of an explanation. I'm just not sure about Turles being Bardock's brother, I'm not sure that it would add very much. Goku and Turles merely looking alike should be enough for what you're proposing here, I think.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Alruneia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:32 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:30 pm For some reason I feel like an Amethyst Purple for Crystal Cooler would be extremely fitting. With those shoulder spikes looking like Prisms (reminds me of Space Godzilla and that's a hella cool concept)!
Well, I was more going for an aquamarine colour based on the Meta-Cooler callback. It's not like purple isn't part of Cooler's palette as is, though, I guess. I might draw a concept sometime and show you what I'm thinking.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:21 pm As for my idea, I had this in mind: <snip>
This is a really interesting way to combine several Z movies into one story! The connection to the Supreme Kais and the Zamasu bit is nice too, it does deserve a bit of an explanation. I'm just not sure about Turles being Bardock's brother, I'm not sure that it would add very much. Goku and Turles merely looking alike should be enough for what you're proposing here, I think.
Mhm I'd love to see any art whenver you make any!

Also, you are correct. Whether Tullece was brother to Bardock or not would not impact the story at all. So it was a stupid proposal. A look alike to Goku could work. I just then thought that a random Saiyan looking like Goku would be a literal plot device to force the engagement between Goku and Bojack. So I guess Tullece could simply have the name remain the same but his appearance changed (and his background) as a Saiyan military leader.
P O W E R