Episode #0487 (25 December 2020)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0487 (25 December 2020)

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Episode #0487 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (Spotify version) (YouTube version) (SoundCloud version)
117:20; 96 kbps, mono; 80.8 MB

Episode #0487! Mike, Ajay, Terez, Ken, Jake, and Heath review the full Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc from the Dragon Ball Super manga!

That's it! No segments or referenced sites! Just two hours of review! :D :D :D
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ajay

Re: Episode #0487 (25 December 2020)

Post by Ajay » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Such a fun podcast to record. Hope everyone enjoys listening as much as I had fun discussing.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:35 pm

I've been looking forward to this one! Really enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts, and I'm glad the gang seemed to enjoy it for the most part. Thanks everyone for what you do.

I think some people might enjoy this arc more on a second read if Toyotaro was able to earn their trust. If you didn't like the DBS manga at the start, or if you were simply weary of Toyotaro having more creative input, or were caught up in the tracing "scandals", some of the "mysteries" of the arc might not be well received as they were introduced. For example, at the very beginning when Merus stunned Goku/Vegeta, some fans complained "They let their guards down AGAIN??" (when they didn't). Others could not accept that a random U7 alien they knew nothing about could be so strong. I've been a fan of Toyotaro for a while, and while my biggest complaint about this arc is how derivative it is, I still really enjoyed it, and I'm happy a lot of fans seemed to as well.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Ajay wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:45 pmSuch a fun podcast to record. Hope everyone enjoys listening as much as I had fun discussing.
My fantasy laugh track version was better.
batistabus wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:35 pmI've been looking forward to this one! Really enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts, and I'm glad the gang seemed to enjoy it for the most part. Thanks everyone for what you do.
Sorry if I was a downer; I am not really a Toyo-hater but this group almost made me feel like one. Not mentioned on this podcast: I had a bet with a real Toyo-hater (a friend, btw) that Gogeta would not be the one to beat Moro. He insisted that I was underestimating Toyo's hackness and I told him that I absolutely was not; I just understand Toyo's hackness and the ending is going to involve Boo somehow. And for the record, I liked that part and he pulled it off a lot better than I thought he would, with the exception of the Jaco bit that Ken and I talked about (both after the chapter and on the podcast).

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Terez wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:18 pm Sorry if I was a downer; I am not really a Toyo-hater but this group almost made me feel like one. Not mentioned on this podcast: I had a bet with a real Toyo-hater (a friend, btw) that Gogeta would not be the one to beat Moro. He insisted that I was underestimating Toyo's hackness and I told him that I absolutely was not; I just understand Toyo's hackness and the ending is going to involve Boo somehow. And for the record, I liked that part and he pulled it off a lot better than I thought he would, with the exception of the Jaco bit that Ken and I talked about (both after the chapter and on the podcast).
No way! You said plenty of positive things, and you were fair when you didn't.

I never thought Gogeta would come back, but once Moro copied Vegeta (and Forced Spirit Fission), that road was closed for sure.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:16 am

Will there be new years predictions for 2021?

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:26 am

Definitely a fun listen. I actually feel the opposite regarding how the Trunks and Moro arcs were paced: the Trunks arc felt pretty exciting and brisk for me throughout, whereas the Moro arc felt like it went a little long sometimes. Didn't hate either arc, though.