"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:45 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:53 am If that's GT Vegeta, people better vote for him. And Dimps better make him playable as base, Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 (don't know if he actually uses the latter form in the series, but it doesn't matter!).

So excited for more Fu! Hopefully Dimps continues to treat him as a neutral character, not as a villain.
I think we can just vote for the first 3, while Vegeta is a tease of who we can vote for next time, which may be GT themed. I can see General Rildo and the woman shadow dragon being up next month with Vegeta. Chances are he and Omen Goku are who we'll end up with.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:16 am

Is a in-game vote?
I'm really happy to see GT Vegeta here! I always wanted to play with him! (GT Goten/Gohan as well)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:45 am I think we can just vote for the first 3, while Vegeta is a tease of who we can vote for next time, which may be GT themed. I can see General Rildo and the woman shadow dragon being up next month with Vegeta. Chances are he and Omen Goku are who we'll end up with.
There's an arrow pointing right, so I think there are more possible choices (which will decrease the chances of GT Vegeta joining the roster, but he has to be in! And while we're there, bring GT Goten and GT Gohan too).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Gt91 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:50 am
Do we really need UI SIGN? Just create an alternate slot for UI Goku.
If he were to be added, he'd have a whole new moveset compared to Mastered UI as well as new skills. That's why they made it an option.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:37 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:22 pm
If he were to be added, he'd have a whole new moveset compared to Mastered UI as well as new skills. That's why they made it an option.
That's all well and good. It'll be nice to not have yet another Goku and have another original instead.

That said, I'm good no matter what. Crazy this game has gotten 4 years of support and is still going.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:41 pm

dualist wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:37 pmThat said, I'm good no matter what. Crazy this game has gotten 4 years of support and is still going.
I don't think it's anywhere near being over, especially if (when) they release it on the new systems.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:57 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:22 pm
Yeah i understand, but i'd like to see new characters, and not the 10th Goku in a row.

I agree with dualist. UI SIGN is cool, but i'd like to get Dyspo/Bergamo/Gt Vegeta instead (or something else).

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 am

If we're going to get GT Vegeta as part of a paid DLC pack, then hopefully he has something that differentiates him besides the outfit, such as having Ssj3.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Urgh fuck we'll get Omen Goku.
GT vegeta we already have as SS4 and we don't need more of him either.

There's no point having one of the trio so I guess Dyspo makes the most sense.

Would rather have Daimo, Gero, 19, Chaozu, literally anything.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 am If we're going to get GT Vegeta as part of a paid DLC pack, then hopefully he has something that differentiates him besides the outfit, such as having Ssj3.
Why would GT Vegeta go SS3? He skipped over that in favor of SS4.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:48 pm

Don't we already have GT Vegeta? With the blue pants, and Super Saiyan 4? What are we missing, besides an earlier form of Baby Vegeta?

Also, I do agree with what seems to be the general consensus, that Sign/Omen/whatever it's called is the more interesting version of Ultra Instinct, at least visually. I would eventually like to have it on the roster, but yeah. If I have to choose between that form of Goku or a new character, I'll go with a new character. Maybe Dyspo. I'd have to see all the options before I'd know who to vote for.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 pm

We have Appule and Raspberry, why the hell do we have to chose between GT Vegeta, Sign and Dyspo? just give us all 3 of them, come on.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:24 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 pm We have Appule and Raspberry, why the hell do we have to chose between GT Vegeta, Sign and Dyspo? just give us all 3 of them, come on.
Limited resources. I suspect XV3 will have them all anyway, but new characters take effort (money) to make, and they're not going to give them to us for free.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 am

Scsigs wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:49 pmWhy would GT Vegeta go SS3? He skipped over that in favor of SS4.
If we're going to pay for him they might as well give him something that allows him to stand out from the regular base Vegeta in the game. He also has it in Heroes, so why not.
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:24 amI suspect XV3 will have them all anyway.
At this point I don't know how likely a XV3 is, as support on this game would've stopped if it was close to being released.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:14 am

I’d honestly take Bergamo over the others, with Dyspo being a close second. His crusher power is a far more interesting mechanic I’d like to see implemented then anything the others have. Not to be funny but Goku Sign and GT Vegeta would be a total waste in my opinion. They have far, far less potential for interesting moves, hell most of Goku signs abilities and fighting style were worked into ultra instinct by the team and how are they really going to make Vegeta any different? You as lreadh know what his two supers will, plus half I’d move set given how many Vegeta variants and moves are in the game already. I think their hoping people will vote for those two so they have to do less work.

Besides let’s not count the other two out. People like different for their games, plus Bergamo is a wolf. That gives him a lot of appeal design wise with a lot of people.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:22 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:14 amGoku Sign and GT Vegeta would be a total waste in my opinion. They have far, far less potential for interesting moves, hell most of Goku signs abilities and fighting style were worked into ultra instinct by the team and how are they really going to make Vegeta any different?

I think their hoping people will vote for those two so they have to do less work.
Both should only be part of a free update, as the majority of what they'll bring to the table is already in other versions of the characters.

They don't have to hope, those 2 are guaranteed to win the top spots. I do hope you're right though, but I don't think it's likely.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:38 am

So I have a dilemma.

I left my xbox one S in the UK and live in portugal.

The Uub DLC really implied this was the end.

So I missed the Chronoa update and now this one.

I have the shitty portable switch.

I'm tempted to get the switch version I'd get legends patrol which is neat.

But it's a lot more money and I dread doing zamasu's training all over again, and all the hardest figurine battles...

I could buy another xbox 1 S and it'd benefit my coworkers and guests and the job I live at.

But if I'm going to do that I wonder if I should take the opportunity to get an xbox series x...

Is it forwards compatible and can I use my save game if it's saved to cloud?

Presumably any XV3 would be on the series X too so that'd make sense?

What do you think makes sense?

In non covid times I'd wait till my next visit and pick it up then and bring it back...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:22 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:38 am So I have a dilemma.

But it's a lot more money and I dread doing zamasu's training all over again, and all the hardest figurine battles...

I could buy another xbox 1 S and it'd benefit my coworkers and guests and the job I live at.

But if I'm going to do that I wonder if I should take the opportunity to get an xbox series x...

In non covid times I'd wait till my next visit and pick it up then and bring it back...
Regarding XV2, I'd recommend just moving to PC, and enjoy the wonders of the mod community. I've been meaning to do this myself, but XV2 has already bummed me out with its flaws, so I'm not willing to put that much "effort". But without a doubt, this game is much more fun on a PC.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:07 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:38 am So I have a dilemma.

The Series X is backwards compatible with Xbox One games, yes, & it syncs saves from the cloud so you can use them on it. No worries there.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 am
Scsigs wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:49 pmWhy would GT Vegeta go SS3? He skipped over that in favor of SS4.
If we're going to pay for him they might as well give him something that allows him to stand out from the regular base Vegeta in the game. He also has it in Heroes, so why not.
Exactly, a ss3 trasformation would be great! Better than UI Sign Goku for me.