"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YuseiFudou » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 am
If we're going to pay for him they might as well give him something that allows him to stand out from the regular base Vegeta in the game. He also has it in Heroes, so why not.
Because he is stricly tied to Super Vegeta & Super Vegeta 2. And as stated before, he doesn't utilize and skipped it for SSJ4. The fact that he has it in Heroes like many others has no further influence on him having it here.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:09 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 am
If we're going to pay for him they might as well give him something that allows him to stand out from the regular base Vegeta in the game. He also has it in Heroes, so why not.
Because he is stricly tied to Super Vegeta & Super Vegeta 2. And as stated before, he doesn't utilize and skipped it for SSJ4. The fact that he has it in Heroes like many others has no further influence on him having it here.
If Bardock can get it so can Vegeta. Like Vegeta, Bardock's ssj3 form originated in Heroes.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:39 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:09 pm
If Bardock can get it so can Vegeta. Like Vegeta, Bardock's ssj3 form originated in Heroes.
Those two are not the same. Vegeta is primarily tied to his very own Super Vegeta and Super Vegeta 2 states when he transforms in game. It would mean they'd have to add a "Super Vegeta 3" out of thin air cause otherwise he'd be getting a state that is not his own, which is not probable. Vegeta from GT has nothing to do with SSJ3 and it won't in the end either.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:05 pm

I really don't like they way they have three different Super Saiyan awaken skills. Future Super Saiyan is just useless. Super Vegeta is made for ki-based builds, while Super Saiyan is for melee builds, but Super Vegeta only has two levels, while Super Saiyan has three.

At least make them different visually. Replace Future Super Saiyan with Super Saiyan 4, and replace Super Vegeta with Super Saiyan God, with Blue as the second state. And of course, balance them so they're all useful in their own right.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:05 pm I really don't like they way they have three different Super Saiyan awaken skills. Future Super Saiyan is just useless. Super Vegeta is made for ki-based builds, while Super Saiyan is for melee builds, but Super Vegeta only has two levels, while Super Saiyan has three.

At least make them different visually. Replace Future Super Saiyan with Super Saiyan 4, and replace Super Vegeta with Super Saiyan God, with Blue as the second state. And of course, balance them so they're all useful in their own right.
All I say is be thankful your chosen race actually has the choice. Frieza Clan users get a form which was, when I last played, had most of it's intreasting aspects depuffed to vanilla. Humans and Majin are a joke and Great Namek is so pointless none has used it since the game launched. Think about it, it's a form so bloody useless it was only good in the bloody demo. Literally every race is bottle necked into the Ultimate transformation as it provides the only useful state boosts in the game and it is still completely outpaced by almost every saiyan transformation.

There might as well not be a choice for race at this point as only bloody saiyans get anything. Hell what the rest of us need is a UI and maybe Destroyer transformation to balance things out.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:05 pm Future Super Saiyan is just useless.
I agree that it is rather useless to a degree, but could be useful in PvP. While Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta take some time to transform into, Future Super Saiyan is instantaneous. Some people might perfect guard into it and lower your stamina. But other than that? No use for it at all.

Heck, it is supposed to be the variant that has the "fastest ki charge" while it has the same ki charge speed as Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta. You're better off using Potential Unleashed for ki charge speed.

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:27 am

Its kind of disappointing that we keep getting these updates and DLC's but not a single one has added new items to the CaC customisation. DIMPS I just want some new hairstyles which aren't wigs, please.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:14 pm

OrangeBanana wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:27 am Its kind of disappointing that we keep getting these updates and DLC's but not a single one has added new items to the CaC customisation. DIMPS I just want some new hairstyles which aren't wigs, please.
Agree 100% with this. I'm one of the folks who doesn't complain about the game getting updates with home that they will make a XV3, but the limited updates for CaCs is quite disappointing.

Also, I would really love if these additional story missions allowed co-op since the main story doesn't.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:54 am

Not much new, but we have a picture of Vegeta doing final explosion on the TOP stage, meaning we're probably doing a re-enactment of that fight with Toppo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX5zlqXB1eU
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:19 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:05 pm I really don't like they way they have three different Super Saiyan awaken skills. Future Super Saiyan is just useless. Super Vegeta is made for ki-based builds, while Super Saiyan is for melee builds, but Super Vegeta only has two levels, while Super Saiyan has three.

It's been a good long while since I've played Xenoverse at all, but I still remember my befuddlement at their choices for these forms and, to a much broader extent, the customization options.

For example, you have to waste one attack slot just to charge up. Something you could do with a single button or "Block + Attack-Button" in just about every other game that had ki charging and they forced you to waste it here.

As for Super Saiyan forms, Future Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta 1 & 2 are baffling to me. I'm guessing this stemmed from a desire to make the game more like Dokkan Battle or an ARPG, but it didn't really stick the landing.
I don't even get what "Future Super Saiyan" is referencing. Trunks and Gohan did not have fundamentally different Super Saiyan variants, something I at least could kind of understand with Super Vegeta. But those forms also don't make as much sense to me either. Super Vegeta was a thing because Vegeta ascended past Super Saiyan (somewhat). So logically Super Vegeta and Super Vegeta 2 should be augmentations to Super Saiyan, not their own form. If they made it more ergonomical, it'd be a D-pad tree where you select the option to transform, then hit a direction to either go Super Saiyan 2, and 3, Super Vegeta 1 and 2, or Super Saiyan God and Blue depending on the direction you press.

I also distinctly recall the Super Saiyan grades being a bit more, ahem, physically augmented. They gave CaC Super Saiyan 3 so they were willing to create a distinct model. All they had to do was create a stock CaC buff-up to fit it. But that's just pedantry. Logical pedantry, but pedantry!
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:15 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:19 pm

It's been a good long while since I've played Xenoverse at all, but I still remember my befuddlement at their choices for these forms and, to a much broader extent, the customization options.

For example, you have to waste one attack slot just to charge up. Something you could do with a single button or "Block + Attack-Button" in just about every other game that had ki charging and they forced you to waste it here.
This was definitely one of biggest frustrations in the game.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:41 pm

I wonder what they're going to announce at their game event tomorrow. Maybe a new season pass ? it seems like support for this game is far from over, so maybe they'll give us a road map of what to expect for the rest of the year. One thing that's very likely is a Ps5/Series X port, I think that will definitely be announced.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:41 pm I wonder what they're going to announce at their game event tomorrow. Maybe a new season pass ? it seems like support for this game is far from over, so maybe they'll give us a road map of what to expect for the rest of the year. One thing that's very likely is a Ps5/Series X port, I think that will definitely be announced.
Isn't the event on the 7th, not the 6th?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:52 pm

Kanassa wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:48 pmIsn't the event on the 7th, not the 6th?
Maybe I have the dates mixed up, but I'm pretty sure it's the 6th.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:52 pm

It's the 7th in Japan but the 6th for our timezones in the US.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:15 am

dualist wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:38 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:52 pm

It's the 7th in Japan but the 6th for our timezones in the US.
Ah, that explains it. TImezones make my head hurt.

Kanassa wrote:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:03 am

Legendary pack 1 releases on the 18th of March. Legendary pack 2 in the Fall.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:28 pm

They released a trailer and said another trailer is coming next week with more story content.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:32 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:28 pm They released a trailer and said another trailer is coming next week with more story content.
We might also get a tease for the second legendary pack.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:53 pm

I hope Paikuhan doesn't get some lame default ultimate attack like Broly and Jiren got. He should get that deadly fire attack he spammed vs Goku, and that twister attack that cut Goku's arms and legs.

Same goes for Toppo. Hakai (one should hope it deals some serious damage) + one of his Justice-related attacks. Or that super Hakai he tried to ring Vegeta out with