"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 pm

So apparently ArcSys dropped at New Game Plus Expo that they were considering rollback netcode for their other games. Now everyone is getting their hopes up and putting out a bunch of hashtags going around for FighterZ and their other games- #DBFZrollback, #BBTArollback, #GBVSrollback, even #P4Urollback (which I would be super down for if it ever gets a PC/next gen console port).

I wouldn't hope for any announcement at the upcoming Dragon Ball games event though- it's not an FGC event, it's gonna be all about "hey look how cool SS4 Gogeta is" plus maybe some hints at a season 4 or new features and balance changes.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 am

Should be noted that FighterZ is published and owned by Namco, not ArcSys, so the desicion to add Rollback must first be approved by Namco.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:37 pm

I expect them to announce a 4th season, and maybe Omega Shenron as the first character. I also wouldn't be surprised if both this and XV2 get ps5/series x ports.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Hoping this version of Gogeta is a best of from SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta. Anything else and I'll be extremely disappointed.

Have they announced a new Season when the last character drops? I actually don't remember. I would expect SSJ4 Gogeta and a balance patch to spice things up for a couple of months before any more news. Extend the time between "hype".

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:27 pm

Okay, that character is disgusting.

And to be honest, I'm kinda bummed that near the 'end' of FighterZ's lifespand, the developers decided to give the finger to balance and purposefully started making literally broken characters. UI Goku, Gogeta SSJ4, Baby ... seriously, who is going to even consider using the lesser tier'd characters over those three? Who will pick Krillin over Gogeta SSJ4 and think he did the smart choice? And holy shit, when Shanks chuckled at Goichi using Frieza and dropping him within two days (back when they were selecting characters for this 'semi-restrictive' tournament) I couldn't help but shake my head.

We literally get a character who can one-shot you if he does a power up move seven times, summons Dragon Balls out of his ass, has a counter move, an auto-track attack move, can dash twice in the air, has an M which makes Cooler question his tail's length ... and they are STILL being stingy with Golden Frieza being a limited-time install.

I don't even.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:33 pm

Just like many people thought, he has some of Goku SSJ4 moves, although not much which is cool. They went creative instead of copying moves. And they kinda keep an old tradition of Gogeta SSJ4 being op af in games.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:44 pm

Let's not jump the gun by first impressions, Gogeta Blue had an impressive showcase at first glance but once people got to play him extensively he was at best a mid-tier character.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 pm

The Dragon Balls and the insta kill level 3 will never come into play. That double dash is freaking ridiculous. He has no neutral.
I don't know if he will be broken.

Patch notes now, UI getting hit!

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:01 pm

I don’t think Gogeta looks that broken. The instakill and Dragon Ball thing look like gimmicks, and his actual DP hit box ain’t that big. He has the double airdash and specials that let him close in fast, but no ranged options outside of that. His counter looks good, but it’s got nothing on Jiren’s. And without conditioning, I don’t think the confetti grab will be that potent

Basically he looks like just a really really solid rush down character in a game with plenty of them. He’ll be a threat close up, but Z Broly will probably eat him alive. The only thing I’m worried about is how his pressure and larger-than-they-look hit boxes are going to play out online.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:09 am

Gogeta will be available March 12th.
Nickolaidas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:27 pmOkay, that character is disgusting. We literally get a character who can one-shot you if he does a power up move seven times, summons Dragon Balls out of his ass, has a counter move, an auto-track attack move, can dash twice in the air, has an M which makes Cooler question his tail's length ... and they are STILL being stingy with Golden Frieza being a limited-time install.
Didn't other characters have balancing issues that they worked out over time ? I still think Gogeta will be strong, but chances are things will be improved to prevent other characters from not being selected.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:37 am

LightBing wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 pm The Dragon Balls and the insta kill level 3 will never come into play. That double dash is freaking ridiculous. He has no neutral.

Of course it will. There are plenty of ways to keep the opponent off of you to prepare both. Just wait and see.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:50 am

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:37 am
LightBing wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 pm The Dragon Balls and the insta kill level 3 will never come into play. That double dash is freaking ridiculous. He has no neutral.

Of course it will. There are plenty of ways to keep the opponent off of you to prepare both. Just wait and see.
I think the Dragon Ball thing might actually get some use since it's tied to a DP and a C assist. But hey, I remember back before the game came out people were worried about the Dragon Balls being OP, and yet we hardly ever saw them and even then, the advantages weren't insurmountable.

The instakill has definitely surpassed Base Goku limit break spirit bomb for "easiest TOD in the game". But as anyone who watched a Dotodoya video will tell you, just because the ToD is easy, doesn't mean people will be able to pull off the setup.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:00 am

So this is the final final one? There didn't seem to be any hints for Season 4

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 am

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:00 am So this is the final final one? There didn't seem to be any hints for Season 4
No mention of anything new at the event. And considering Gogeta is filling the missing spot, and they put out a new intro video for the game including every character up to him, it seems like this might be the last season.

Have y'all seen Tyrant's upload of the SS4 Gogeta vs SSB Gogeta dramatic finish? Well, here it is, with both languages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8U8M7D710k

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:19 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 am
No mention of anything new at the event. And considering Gogeta is filling the missing spot, and they put out a new intro video for the game including every character up to him, it seems like this might be the last season.
They split the bottom row further with Baby Vegeta, so changing the table isn't a problem. And they've done an intro with all DLC characters last season too (though I can't see it in game, it's online).

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:26 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 amConsidering Gogeta is filling the missing spot, and they put out a new intro video for the game including every character up to him, it seems like this might be the last season.
The intro gets updated at the end of every season. There's still room for 6 more characters here, and considering the amount of support other games are getting and them not saying otherwise, there's no reason to believe a 4th season won't happen.

https://dba.bn-ent.net/character/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:51 am

The producer said they will continue supporting the game with patches and further events. Unless the revenue from DLC has dropped dramatically or DBFZ2 is coming in a year or so, there's no reason to stop.

It's better to increase the time between content, let everyone play around with SSJ4 Gogeta and later announce something. It gains importance when covid 19 is delaying everything.

Talking about the character now, he's probably going to be a pressure monster. His lack of beams is a glaring weakness which might balance him.
His gimmicks are just that, it's a nice spice and I certainly won't be mad if someone get's me with that.
His double dash is insane!

Visually speaking, he's kinda underwhelming, His supers are pretty meh. I'm just disappointed with two Gogetas when there's characters far more relevant not included.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:16 am

I love that this game keeps the trend of being the most busted character in every video game he appears in

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:50 amI think the Dragon Ball thing might actually get some use since it's tied to a DP and a C assist. But hey, I remember back before the game came out people were worried about the Dragon Balls being OP, and yet we hardly ever saw them and even then, the advantages weren't insurmountable.
I've had people call the Dragonballs on me. It wasn't OP, but it makes fights you were already winning more of a chore, and fights you weren't winning even more of a nightmare. And Gogeta can call them without having to combo. This game is annoying enough as it is.
The instakill has definitely surpassed Base Goku limit break spirit bomb for "easiest TOD in the game". But as anyone who watched a Dotodoya video will tell you, just because the ToD is easy, doesn't mean people will be able to pull off the setup.
But Basic Combos that lead to Level 1, or using assists to open an opponent to do a level 1, are one of the first things you learn when you play Fighterz. This isn't a ToD where you have to throw out everything you know about this game, and train on energy conservation, button pressing and timing. This is the most basic combo of the game, turned into a ToD.

Now, if the methods to activate was as slow as charging for ki, or if like with Ultimate Gohan, 7 energy bars needed to be expended for the move to be a TOD, I can agree with you and Lightbring about this move being almost impossible to pull. But its not. Gogeta's method to activate is even faster's than Goku's call for Genki Dama Energy. The Devs made SSJ4 Gogeta explicitly for tons of people to buy him and spam the shit activating the TOD, performing the TOD and getting Dragonballs.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:52 am

To quote Maximilian The Doode lol Gogeta SSTacos is an anti E-Sport character the one shot kill is OP as hell lmao :lol:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu