"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Skar
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Skar » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:10 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:42 pm I've seen some harsh criticism for the "three years" plot beat in regards to its similarity to other anime franchises and how inconsequential the trope usually is to any narrative it's used in. I definitely drew those comparisons too while reading, three years almost seemed too lenient.
I didn't mind although I haven't seen a lot of anime. The only series it reminded me of were the conditions in HxH for certain power-ups. The only significance to the number three is that it's what's left until EoZ like you pointed out. In BoG, Whis said Beerus will sleep for three years so it could just be a random number that's commonly used in the series. I'm still looking forward to this arc and seeing what happens to Granolah at the end!

AndLad92

Post by AndLad92 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 am

As a big fan of Dragon Ball, I should be expected to hate the live action movie "Dragon Ball: Evolution", but I don't. I don't like it because of the content, but because it gave us Dragon Ball Super:

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:53 am

AndLad92 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 am
Link?

AndLad92

Post by AndLad92 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:31 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:53 am
AndLad92 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 am
Link?
http://books.shueisha.co.jp/items/conte ... 8-882606-6
As a big fan of Dragon Ball, I should be expected to hate the live action movie "Dragon Ball: Evolution", but I don't. I don't like it because of the content, but because it gave us Dragon Ball Super:

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:07 am

The oracle fish is a fun little guy
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:41 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:07 am The oracle fish is a fun little guy
I don't know why this made me laugh. :lol:

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:38 pm

I saw this cover page (I don't know what's called) volume 15:
Alruneia posted this last volume:
I wonder what characters will be featured after the remaining Kaioshin.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Skar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:38 pm I saw this cover page (I don't know what's called) volume 15:
It's the table of contents.

Maybe they'll move on to Zeno, his attendants and the Daishinkan...? or the many dragons, we have Porunga, Shenron, Super Shenron and this new guy that Granolah summoned. Or the regular kaios, though I doubt this because the trend seems to be going upwards in the hierarchy, not down.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:18 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:49 pmIt's the table of contents.
That's the term I was looking for! I had a brain fart for a second and couldn't remember :lol:. It makes sense it would move up and show the other deities. Maybe one for Zeno's two guards, the two Zenos, Grand Priest alone, then the dragons.

I hope Zalama is revealed this arc. I thought the concept of the Shadow Dragons was a fitting ending but the arc could've used some work. If this is potentially the last arc before EoZ, it would also be fitting for the creator of the strongest and oldest Dragonballs to be revealed.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:59 pm

There is no alternate cover this time?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:57 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:59 pm There is no alternate cover this time?
DBSHype on Twitter just posted it:
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:49 pm
Skar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:38 pm I saw this cover page (I don't know what's called) volume 15:
It's the table of contents.

Maybe they'll move on to Zeno, his attendants and the Daishinkan...? or the many dragons, we have Porunga, Shenron, Super Shenron and this new guy that Granolah summoned. Or the regular kaios, though I doubt this because the trend seems to be going upwards in the hierarchy, not down.
I think the whole pattern of using three characters will stop, and it'll go back to being more like the first three volumes, with something or someone relevant to the volume spelling out "table of contents". So it won't really be predictable, it'll just be whatever fits.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:48 pm

Totally awesome back cover , really upset we are not getting those on viz version :(
Also I’m not sure if we are having those correction plus adding pages like they do in Japan or they just place the monthly chapter as they are ...
I bough until the vol. that finished tournament of power , i will wait until this last one that finish Moro arc will be released in u.s ... so probably 1 more year to re read Moro arc .
Kinda weird, isn’t it ?
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:40 am

Now looking at this colorful Moro-Merus (kinda), I wonder why his eyes also didn't become silver /white like his coat
prince212 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:48 pm Totally awesome back cover , really upset we are not getting those on viz version :(
Also I’m not sure if we are having those correction plus adding pages like they do in Japan or they just place the monthly chapter as they are ...
Where I live they also don’t put the backcovers, it’s really a shame (I don’t know if any release outside of Japan has backcovers tho)

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:53 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:40 am Now looking at this colorful Moro-Merus (kinda), I wonder why his eyes also didn't become silver /white like his coat
It might be because Moro didn't achieve Ultra Instinct, he just stole it, so his body can't handle it and it's not manifesting right... or it might just be a colouring error.

Speaking of achieving and stealing UI, Granolah's wish could very easily have given him some form of UI that we just haven't seen him use yet. We might see a proper Ultra Instinct vs Ultra Instinct battle happen pretty soon. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out what the extent of his new power is.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:35 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:53 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:40 am Now looking at this colorful Moro-Merus (kinda), I wonder why his eyes also didn't become silver /white like his coat
It might be because Moro didn't achieve Ultra Instinct, he just stole it, so his body can't handle it and it's not manifesting right... or it might just be a colouring error.
I don't think it's a colouring error, Goku's, Whis' and Merus' eyes are left white, while Moro's remain dark. I believe you are right about UI having been stolen being the reason.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm

About the EoZ fight between Goku & Oob...is Goku using UI in that instance? Beerus dropped the bomb that Whis and the other Angels are always in the UI state and no doubt, Goku is going to get in on that action all day so was Goku actually fighting Oob with at least some degree of UI???
I wonder if Oob is going to be retconned to be on par with Jiren with how much Goku is improving and Oob needing to be powered up proportionately?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:44 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm About the EoZ fight between Goku & Oob...is Goku using UI in that instance? Beerus dropped the bomb that Whis and the other Angels are always in the UI state and no doubt, Goku is going to get in on that action all day so was Goku actually fighting Oob with at least some degree of UI???
I wonder if Oob is going to be retconned to be on par with Jiren with how much Goku is improving and Oob needing to be powered up proportionately?
Imo, there's no need for it, but I don't doubt it. I don't think it would make much sense either, but at this point, you learn to just accept those things.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:09 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:44 pmImo, there's no need for it, but I don't doubt it. I don't think it would make much sense either, but at this point, you learn to just accept those things.
Shit, Whis probably doesn't even need UI to defeat every single member & ally of the Z Senshi combined but he probably still makes a conscious effort to do so just because he can. I think the Angels are like the Q from Star Trek in that they can do virtually anything so as long as they do not violate the golden rule of not interfering in the grand scheme of the universe's progress. Whis could probably turn back time farther than 5 mins but he chooses 5 mins just as a show of force.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Nistarkail
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nistarkail » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:14 pm

The most hilarious part is when Granolah confessed how he became so strong. Just imagine if Gas or another member of Elec Gang / Frieza expresses the same wish.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 pm

prince212 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:48 pm Totally awesome back cover , really upset we are not getting those on viz version :(
Really what do the Viz releases have instead for the back cover?