"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:17 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:08 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:47 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 pm
He still met Super Broly and Kale tho. Not to mention having fought this Broly himself as Vegetto Blue. How can he not realize who he is, or at least mention the other Broly-likes? It is not like he looks drastically different or anything.

Also, the CCs can't be exactly the ones from Super as they have recognized Turles, Bojack and in some continuities even Final Form Cooler and Janemba of all people. They don't seem to make up their minds about then, really. Not a huge deal but it is still so weird to me. Maybe they realized all the arcs contradict current manga content anyways so they just don't care that much and we shouldn't either.

Agreed about Broly's form tho. He going away is completely out of "character" as well, but they are just probably just saving him for a Cumber match or something.
People keep saying the CC's can't be canon because filler.
Obviously out of universe we know that Toriyama didn't pen the movies and stuff.
But this is bugging me.

However we don't see every second of the characters lives, there's massive time skips, there's nothing to say a jerk named Bojack attacked earth and was gibbed by Gohan.

Obviously these movies contradict canon, like Trunks not visiting again before super, however them recognising Bojack does not mean Bojacks "unseen canon version of his visit" had to include Trunks like the inherent non canon movie version did.

Secondly Can anyone make a list of differences like that between
Anime
Manga
Arcade.

Who recognises who in each version?
I mean sure, you can go out of your way to headcanon alternate versions of the movies into the main story like people used to do with the old movies, but that doesn't change the fact that Goku specifically stated he never used UI between the ToP and his fight with Moro- thus making it impossible for any Heroes stuff to be "canon" anyways. But even without that it's putting way more thought into it that the own creators are doing imho. You need to somehow fit a version of Cooler's first movie where Vegeta is on Earth to see his transformation, a version of Fusion Reborn without any actual Gogeta/Veku fusion but with Janemba anyways, a version of Tree of Might that manages to fit in the manga continuity... Too much work for me but again, to each their own.

As far as I know the only big differences are that they do not recognize Janemba in the promo anime (which makes sense cause Gogeta debuting in DBS Broly) while they do in the manga, and in the last arcade mission Goku implies to not be familiar with Cooler (《...Frieza and that Coola guy...》), contrary to Vegeta weirdly recognizing Firth Form Cooler on the Prison Planet. Bojack and Turles are always recognized by Vegeta and Goku respectively. I don't remember if Goku and Vegeta ever fight Hatchiyack in the arcade so I dando if they recognize him or not.
Yeah the UI thing is a problem, it's not their fault this started before that fact was revealed.
The other issue is Toppo transforms even in the manga making it not compatible with the manga canon, which is a shame because I hoped manga would follow manga and anime the anime... But there you go.

Cooler being recognised by Geets makes sense, his Ki signature would be the same and he has more familiarity with the colds generally.

Vegeta recognising Bojack makes sense roughly timeline wise and and Goku not being non canon and teleporting to earth while dead would mean he didn't in the hypothetical canon version so that works, Turles predated Vegeta joining the Dragon Team so that works too.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:33 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:17 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:08 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:47 pm

People keep saying the CC's can't be canon because filler.
Obviously out of universe we know that Toriyama didn't pen the movies and stuff.
But this is bugging me.

However we don't see every second of the characters lives, there's massive time skips, there's nothing to say a jerk named Bojack attacked earth and was gibbed by Gohan.

Obviously these movies contradict canon, like Trunks not visiting again before super, however them recognising Bojack does not mean Bojacks "unseen canon version of his visit" had to include Trunks like the inherent non canon movie version did.

Secondly Can anyone make a list of differences like that between
Anime
Manga
Arcade.

Who recognises who in each version?
I mean sure, you can go out of your way to headcanon alternate versions of the movies into the main story like people used to do with the old movies, but that doesn't change the fact that Goku specifically stated he never used UI between the ToP and his fight with Moro- thus making it impossible for any Heroes stuff to be "canon" anyways. But even without that it's putting way more thought into it that the own creators are doing imho. You need to somehow fit a version of Cooler's first movie where Vegeta is on Earth to see his transformation, a version of Fusion Reborn without any actual Gogeta/Veku fusion but with Janemba anyways, a version of Tree of Might that manages to fit in the manga continuity... Too much work for me but again, to each their own.

As far as I know the only big differences are that they do not recognize Janemba in the promo anime (which makes sense cause Gogeta debuting in DBS Broly) while they do in the manga, and in the last arcade mission Goku implies to not be familiar with Cooler (《...Frieza and that Coola guy...》), contrary to Vegeta weirdly recognizing Firth Form Cooler on the Prison Planet. Bojack and Turles are always recognized by Vegeta and Goku respectively. I don't remember if Goku and Vegeta ever fight Hatchiyack in the arcade so I dando if they recognize him or not.
Yeah the UI thing is a problem, it's not their fault this started before that fact was revealed.
The other issue is Toppo transforms even in the manga making it not compatible with the manga canon, which is a shame because I hoped manga would follow manga and anime the anime... But there you go.

Cooler being recognised by Geets makes sense, his Ki signature would be the same and he has more familiarity with the colds generally.

Vegeta recognising Bojack makes sense roughly timeline wise and and Goku not being non canon and teleporting to earth while dead would mean he didn't in the hypothetical canon version so that works, Turles predated Vegeta joining the Dragon Team so that works too.
Honestly the Toppo thing is so weird. That and Goku/Vegetto using Kaioken seem to imply Heroes always follows the Super anime, which is fine on itself... but if that is the case, there is something that bothers me a lot: for whatever reason Trunks never uses SSRage in the manga or anime. He does show it on the game cards and opening tho. And more importantly, Vegeta has never used Evolution on the manga (yet). Why? I have no idea. The manga seems to, interestingly enough, give more focus to just God and Blue. But when you have Toppo transforming and battling Cumber's strongest SS form on equal (?) terms, you have to wonder why Vegeta never used it against him. But that May just be a weird rant of mine, I dunno.

Thing is Vegeta did not know about Cold so he shouldn't be that familiar with Cooler either, but it could work. Turles is only an issue cause of the movie itself, as far as I know the one who recognizes him is always Goku (and Vegeta would probably know about him anyways).

Btw this vas reminded me of a couple of things. First, Xeno Goku and Vegeta don't appear on the BM7 arcade, so maybe they were also sealed with Fu? I thought that was weird in the anime but maybe they are indeed sealed with him. I wonder if that means there is hope for a short focus on the other Time Patrollers (Trunks getting Blue? New no-saiyan Xeno versions please?) or Fu Will get out of the labyrith as soon as this arc end.

Second, Crimson (Masked Saiyan) mentions Fu used him on his plans previously. I wonder if that means he was another unseen ally of his like Frieza apparently was, or if they are hinting he is the Zamasu who was supposedly erased by Hearts. Honestly there is so many posibilities right now yet so little to actually discuss...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Btw this vas reminded me of a couple of things. First, Xeno Goku and Vegeta don't appear on the BM7 arcade, so maybe they were also sealed with Fu? I thought that was weird in the anime but maybe they are indeed sealed with him. I wonder if that means there is hope for a short focus on the other Time Patrollers (Trunks getting Blue? New no-saiyan Xeno versions please?) or Fu Will get out of the labyrith as soon as this arc end.
I wish but i can see Super Goku and Vegeta being the only protagonist, not to mention Hearts is also there supporting them and the hooded guy even though we don't know yet what his motives are i think he is not a bad guy and will most likely help them more than doing them harm, won't be surprised if we don't see any of the Xenos in action until the current arc ends.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:10 am

Dragotaker wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:02 pm
I wish but i can see Super Goku and Vegeta being the only protagonist, not to mention Hearts is also there supporting them and the hooded guy even though we don't know yet what his motives are i think he is not a bad guy and will most likely help them more than doing them harm, won't be surprised if we don't see any of the Xenos in action until the current arc ends.
I thought SS4 Vegito got sealed with Fuu but I could be wrong.

I swear they said once that Gohan would fight bojack and 17super would fight super17...

That could still happen I suppose.

The CC guys seems outnumbered and outgunned outside UI and fusion (and they are seperated ATM) so hopefully they get some back up....

I wonder who the hooded warrior is, could it be shallot and giblet? I mean they included fucking ozzoto in the manga.

Have only Goku and Geets been confirmed punted into the new universe? Is everyone except them back in the time nest?

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:19 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:10 am I thought SS4 Vegito got sealed with Fuu but I could be wrong.

I swear they said once that Gohan would fight bojack and 17super would fight super17...

That could still happen I suppose.

The CC guys seems outnumbered and outgunned outside UI and fusion (and they are seperated ATM) so hopefully they get some back up....

I wonder who the hooded warrior is, could it be shallot and giblet? I mean they included fucking ozzoto in the manga.

Have only Goku and Geets been confirmed punted into the new universe? Is everyone except them back in the time nest?
The arcade hasn't make it clear, but it seems SS4 Vegito was sealed with Fu there as well.

Gohan and DBS 17 fighting Bojack and Super 17 happened in BM4, nothing came of it.

Apart from Xeno Goku and Vegeta, the Time Patrol were all in Demigra's hideout, and they went from there back to the Time Nest. The DBS supporting cast were outside the Universe Tree the last we saw them, so they should be in the new universe. All of Fu's non-demon henchmen are confirmed to be in the new universe. Where Putine and Salsa are is anyone's guess.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:32 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:10 am I swear they said once that Gohan would fight bojack and 17super would fight super17...
I believe that anime actually teased it once to appear in upcoming episode and then none of this actually happened as well lol
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:32 am
TobyS wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:10 am I swear they said once that Gohan would fight bojack and 17super would fight super17...
I believe that anime actually teased it once to appear in upcoming episode and then none of this actually happened as well lol
Yes I feel like I'm going crazy I swear it was supposed to happen and never did.

Either way. I hope we get them in this arc. Presumably the non heroes movie characters will be killed by the time patrol or super.

I want some deaths now, the cast is too large.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 am

TobyS wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 pm
Yes I feel like I'm going crazy I swear it was supposed to happen and never did.

Either way. I hope we get them in this arc. Presumably the non heroes movie characters will be killed by the time patrol or super.

I'm here waiting for Demigra and the Xeno Patrol to settle the score they had before Prison Planet started and took the entire spotlight of the game, then joined forces because Mechikabura and now long after his defeat he still helping them out, i'm afraid he has gotten into Frieza territory where he is a bad guy but because of his contributions to the greather evil he is forgiven and is just gonna be there to use him whenever convenient plot wise.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:49 am

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 am
TobyS wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 pm

I'm here waiting for Demigra and the Xeno Patrol to settle the score they had before Prison Planet started and took the entire spotlight of the game, then joined forces because Mechikabura and now long after his defeat he still helping them out, i'm afraid he has gotten into Frieza territory where he is a bad guy but because of his contributions to the greather evil he is forgiven and is just gonna be there to use him whenever convenient plot wise.
What does Demigra actually want? To replace the SKoT? The other demons want to restore the demon realm which is much worse I guess as it fucks up the living universe

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:38 am

Apparently Cumber, Turles and Vegeta are fighting on a duplicated Planet Vegeta? That's really interesting. But, shouldn't all of the normal DBs be on Earth? Because then it may be a while until Vegeta reunites with Goku, which would be a cool change of pace.

So if I got it right, the characters currently on Fu's universe are: Goku, Vegeta, Hearts, Warrior in Black, Frieza, Cooler, Turles, Cumber, Bojack (and Gohan who was fighting him), Dr W, Masked Android (and A17 alonside A18 and Krillin who were all fighting him), Broly, the Crimson Masked Saiyan and presumably Cell, with Salsa and Putine potentially being there too.

That trully is a massive amount of characters. I appreciate the ambition of having so many familiar faces and potential interactions- trough I still believe it was a complete waste to not make a proper new universe with New characters- but I can't help but feel that, unless things speed up, it will be really rushed. Assuming Big Bang Mission will be up to 12 parts as maximum like UM did, imho there is no way to deal with so many characters at the current pace.

For example, even if he is not as hyped or mysterious as the Warrior in Black or Crimson, we still don't know who Dr W is. Then again, characters like Turles and Bojack will probably be killed off this arc, but still. I really wonder what they have planed after all this.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:52 pm

I dunno if y'all care, but the SDBH website has some surveys open. If you wanna give Dimps opinions on future missions, cards and gameplay mechanics, now's your chance. Just remember to type in Japanese though, just in case.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:29 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:52 pm I dunno if y'all care, but the SDBH website has some surveys open. If you wanna give Dimps opinions on future missions, cards and gameplay mechanics, now's your chance. Just remember to type in Japanese though, just in case.
Damn it, always a catch

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:27 am

Honestly I hope we get a series of brutal fights ending in deaths.

Not because I want dB to be grimdark but simply because there's too many fucking characters in play. If they keep up the scrap and seperate routine this arc will last forever or a tonne of threads will be abandoned by the end.

If super cast as patrol guys die too I assume the new DBs will fix everything at the end.
If the goodies win every fight there will be no peril.

I'm interested to see how they go, there's a good chance they will fuck this up in every medium.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:16 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:52 pm I dunno if y'all care, but the SDBH website has some surveys open. If you wanna give Dimps opinions on future missions, cards and gameplay mechanics, now's your chance. Just remember to type in Japanese though, just in case.
Is this like those surveys where people vote for their favourite cards and then we always see like the top ten or is this something completely new?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:57 am

Dragotaker wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:16 pm Is this like those surveys where people vote for their favourite cards and then we always see like the top ten or is this something completely new?
Nah, it's not a poll. It's more of a opinion and help type of survey. They ask questions about the game, website and other SDBH outlets, and you give your opinion on what should be added or fixed, such as gameplay mechanics, future story missions, cards for new sets, improvements to the website and youtube channel, etc...

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:40 pm

Latest anime episode was blatanly obvious about who Crimson is. I never thought I would be so happy to hear "Ningen" again, hopefully he is not as wasted as Merged Zamasu was during the Hearts arc. Still no clues about Warrior in Black, but all media is consistent with Hearts being unable to read him which is very interesting. Knowing he has Nozawa as his voice actor is so confusing tho, I still can't figure out anything about him. Also, if I did not know any better I would think Vegeta is getting a new form cause of next episode's title, bit its probably just Blue Evolution.

Did the manga specify by any chance if Cooler and Frieza are still alive even after having the Dark Dragonball removed? Neither the arcade not the anime show what happens to them at all.

Pity that the survey is in Japanese, I would love to suggest some oddly-not-in-game-yet forms and characters or just more mechanics like Space-Time summon so we can see more what-if team-ups.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:44 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:40 pm Did the manga specify by any chance if Cooler and Frieza are still alive even after having the Dark Dragonball removed? Neither the arcade not the anime show what happens to them at all.
I don't think the Ball being removed killed characters the last time it was used in Heroes game-continuity-wise... Well, as far as I can remember.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Kanassa wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:44 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:40 pm Did the manga specify by any chance if Cooler and Frieza are still alive even after having the Dark Dragonball removed? Neither the arcade not the anime show what happens to them at all.
I don't think the Ball being removed killed characters the last time it was used in Heroes game-continuity-wise... Well, as far as I can remember.
Pretty sure they are both alive, you could even see the part where the ball was on Frieza's body return to normal as soon as the ball left his body, also apparently this one Frieza is the same from the Broly movie which for me means he will probably return later and side with Goku and Hearts to fight whatever bad guys they are fighting at the moment.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 am

VJump has started to leak

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:24 am

This is like the second episode where Black... huh, sorry, "Masked Crimson Warrior"... appeared, and he's already said "Subarashii" and "Ningen" once. The time has come for new Youtube compilations, it has been too long.