More Kids Watch Dragon Ball on Adult Swim Than Adults do.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: More Kids Watch Dragon Ball on Adult Swim Than Adults do.

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:34 am

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:33 am I am sorry for asking this uninspired question, but how the hell did any of you manage to watch adult swim that late in the night? Did you have permission or did you keep the TV volume really low? How did your sleep schedules get affected?
as a kid who watched kind of a unhealthy amount of adult swim, when i was like 9 i just recorded stuff and watched it when i got home the next day, and then later when i was like 12 i would just watch it downstairs as it was airing, which wasn't conductive to getting a good night's rest..... didn't really watch adult swim past elementary school though.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:07 am

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:33 am I am sorry for asking this uninspired question, but how the hell did any of you manage to watch adult swim that late in the night? Did you have permission or did you keep the TV volume really low? How did your sleep schedules get affected?
It was mostly weekends I wasn’t exactly watching Adult Swim at 1 am on school night.....most of the time

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:37 am

I was a senior in high school when Adult Swim first started and I had a TV and VCR in my room. I'd stay up to watch Home Movies, ATHF, Sealab 2021, and Cowboy Bebop (and also record Cowboy Bebop so I could watch it again and again).
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Weekends, and the summer, where I was mostly staying up til 2 or 3 anyway. I also had a TV in my room as a kid and would watch stuff on school nights with the lights off at a low volume, anyway.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:50 pm

Kendamu wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:37 am I was a senior in high school when Adult Swim first started and I had a TV and VCR in my room. I'd stay up to watch Home Movies, ATHF, Sealab 2021, and Cowboy Bebop (and also record Cowboy Bebop so I could watch it again and again).
Man, as a 2002 kid, I wish I could experience recording a TV program on a cassette.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san