"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by prince212 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:57 pm

Skar wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 pm
prince212 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:48 pm Totally awesome back cover , really upset we are not getting those on viz version :(
Really what do the Viz releases have instead for the back cover?
I real thing is that Japan volumes offers a dust cover that contains those great back covers that mirror the front with different characters , viz releases without that dust cover , so in the back there’s same as in Japan when you remove the dust jacket
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:24 pm

prince212 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:57 pm
Skar wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 pm
prince212 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:48 pm Totally awesome back cover , really upset we are not getting those on viz version :(
Really what do the Viz releases have instead for the back cover?
I real thing is that Japan volumes offers a dust cover that contains those great back covers that mirror the front with different characters , viz releases without that dust cover , so in the back there’s same as in Japan when you remove the dust jacket
They should offer it as an extra page inside the manga. It sucks that they don’t. We lose extra art

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:53 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:40 am Now looking at this colorful Moro-Merus (kinda), I wonder why his eyes also didn't become silver /white like his coat
It might be because Moro didn't achieve Ultra Instinct, he just stole it, so his body can't handle it and it's not manifesting right... or it might just be a colouring error.

Speaking of achieving and stealing UI, Granolah's wish could very easily have given him some form of UI that we just haven't seen him use yet. We might see a proper Ultra Instinct vs Ultra Instinct battle happen pretty soon. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out what the extent of his new power is.
I thought that since Granolah is a sniper, this saga would be about Goku learning to use some form of ultra instinct CONSTANTLY. Even when his guard is down. So a situation like Sorbet shooting him or Meerus shooting him and knocking him out never happens again.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:06 pm

I'll just make a prediction as to how things will go.
- Granolah will be informed of and pointed to the Saiyans by the Heeters.
- Goku & Vegeta will be told by Whis & Oracle Fish that Granolah is truly the strongest in the universe, piquing the interest of the Saiyans.
- They contact Granolah through Whis and agree to meet in a neutral location so as to not cause too much damage to their respective homes or even the universe.
- As usual, Goku & Vegeta will take turns fighting but prove to be ineffective as individuals, being forced to awkwardly team up after Granolah injures one or both of them.
- Granolah will come close to destroying Goku & Vegeta until the Heeters contact him at the last second to inform him that they know where Freeza is, temporarily sparing the Saiyans.
- Goku & Vegeta train again, in either Earth or Merus' ROSAT due to time being short, becoming accustomed to the fighting styles of both a destroyer & UI.
- Granolah will find Freeza and torture him in a long, one-sided confrontation until he decides to destroy Freeza.
- Goku & Vegeta will arrive in the nick of time to stop Granolah and stalemate him so that Freeza will escape.
- The Heeters will find Zuno and hold him up for answers & information, possibly even finding out about the Super DBs and how to obtain them in a quick, easy manner.
- Granolah's fight with the Saiyans will be stopped by Whis & Beerus when it comes out that the Heeters now have the ability to wish for anything they desire.

Then it'll probably be one drawn out finale that'll last 10 chapters or so from there.
Typical DB, more or less.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:23 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:06 pm I'll just make a prediction as to how things will go.
For Kami's sake I really hope it won't go that way. Sounds like a Moro rehash especially with them taking turns, losing and the ROSAT being used again. This arc better go very different from the previous one.

I don't want any training arc be forced in the middle of this too. Let them improve the techniques IN COMBAT instead of retreating and wasting months worth of chapters.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:23 pmFor Kami's sake I really hope it won't go that way. Sounds like a Moro rehash especially with them taking turns, losing and the ROSAT being used again. This arc better go very different from the previous one.

I don't want any training arc be forced in the middle of this too. Let them improve the techniques IN COMBAT instead of retreating and wasting months worth of chapters.
Make no mistake, training is going to be fit in there somehow. Granolah is apparently stronger than Goku & Vegeta so unless they decide to go at it as a team, with a plan, they're probably going to be overwhelmed again if they learned absolutely nothing from the Moro arc.
Hopefully, this just remains a prediction and not the prediction.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:04 am

Peach wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:11 pm

I thought that since Granolah is a sniper, this saga would be about Goku learning to use some form of ultra instinct CONSTANTLY. Even when his guard is down. So a situation like Sorbet shooting him or Meerus shooting him and knocking him out never happens again.
Eh i hope not i already have an issue with Goku being able to activate UI at will now which really should have been saved near the end of Super & further adds to the power creep(as if it wasnt already big ).

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:39 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:23 pm
theherodjl wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:06 pm I'll just make a prediction as to how things will go.
For Kami's sake I really hope it won't go that way. Sounds like a Moro rehash especially with them taking turns, losing and the ROSAT being used again. This arc better go very different from the previous one.

I agree that they should not follow this pattern because it has already been used in Moro arc and I believe that most people will already have an idea of ​​how the story will unfold if this is the case, but at the same time it is very likely that we will have a training arc, at least for Vegeta.

I can see Goku being able to improve the Ultra Instinct during the battle especially if there is a contrast between this technique and Granolah's special eye, but Vegeta will certainly need time to master Hakai. And if he ends up getting some transformation, he probably will need a few months for that (unless there is a time skip and his training is off panel)

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Does Granola Hair Change Make Any Sense? because it doesn't seem to have aged as a side effect ....

so far it has seemed great to me ... granola is so far the best character compared to the previous ... development, emotional problems, mistakes and motivations that lead him to follow his path
Granola >> Merus> Moro

this time .. toyotaro is doing good work :thumbup:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am

Draft page released. There's nothing relevant yet.

Whis: Do you know the biggest difference between us Angels and you, Goku?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am Draft page released. There's nothing relevant yet.

LOL I was just about to post I guess we should get draft pages soon and then your post pops up before I can hit submit

Looks like the rest are coming on the 14th

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:59 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am Draft page released. There's nothing relevant yet.

Ah, you beat me to it. :P
My quick translation was "What do you think the main difference is" rather than "Do you know what the main difference is". I think there's a nuance there. We'll have to wait and see what Whis says next, though, I guess.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:29 am

Alruneia wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:59 am

My quick translation was "What do you think the main difference is" rather than "Do you know what the main difference is". I think there's a nuance there. We'll have to wait and see what Whis says next, though, I guess.
Yours is better. I just copied everything as it was tweeted on DBSHYPE's account. :lol:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 pm

P O W E R

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:35 pm

in b4 he says Angels don't need to poop

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 pm

I have a strong feeling it’s going to be something like: “We Angels are always in Ultra Instinct, as it’s our natural state. If you want to get on our level of control over the technique, you’ll have to train yourself to be constantly in this state too, and get used to it.”

That’s my prediction at least xD

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Alruneia wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:59 am

I appreciate your willingness to go deeper into the level of detail of the translation.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:05 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 pm

I have a strong feeling it’s going to be something like: “We Angels are always in Ultra Instinct, as it’s our natural state. If you want to get on our level of control over the technique, you’ll have to train yourself to be constantly in this state too, and get used to it.”

That’s my prediction at least xD
Yeah, or something along the lines of "we as angels don't have much trouble clearing our minds or not getting caught up on emotions... " I doubt there's some unheard of, deeper, vital lesson for Goku in the following panel. Love to be proven wrong, though.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

I have a feeling the answer is that Goku is allowed to use Ultra Instinct in actual fights so he can theoretically improve it further, while Angels just use it to train others.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 pm

I predict it's going to be something like angels hone their ultra instinct in situations other than combat, making it more well rounded and natural