Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Maybe it's too much to hope for, but I'm hoping for a meaningful role for Piccolo (my favorite character, shocker), as well as seriously establishing future generation characters like Pan, Goten, and Trunks. It's pretty exciting to me that Super Hero is post-EoZ.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 pm

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:58 am

A main visual reveal makes sense. I think they're saving their first big trailer for Jump Festa.

I haven't thought much about the movie since the initial panel about it, but I like that they're taking risks (or at least it looks like they are by what we know atm).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Chuquita wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:58 am A main visual reveal makes sense. I think they're saving their first big trailer for Jump Festa.

I haven't thought much about the movie since the initial panel about it, but I like that they're taking risks (or at least it looks like they are by what we know atm).
I agree, probably more artworks (hopefully Trunks and Goten) and stuff like that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Any chance they'll reveal the colours of Vegeta's new form, even though it has nothing to do with the movie?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:08 pm Any chance they'll reveal the colours of Vegeta's new form, even though it has nothing to do with the movie?
I doubt they’ll show that at this upcoming event. We’ll most likely see it in colour on a volume artwork once those chapters that include Vegeta’s new form have been released in a tankōbon.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:39 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 pm There’s going to be a panel at New York Comic Con on the 7th of October discussing the movie. Crossing my fingers for a main visual reveal.
And you can even pose your questions about the movie on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/DB_official_ ... 7556176897

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm Maybe it's too much to hope for, but I'm hoping for a meaningful role for Piccolo (my favorite character, shocker), as well as seriously establishing future generation characters like Pan, Goten, and Trunks. It's pretty exciting to me that Super Hero is post-EoZ.
Was it confirmed to take place after EoZ? I thought it might be either in Age 783 or 784 but before the last tournament.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Skar wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm Was it confirmed to take place after EoZ? I thought it might be either in Age 783 or 784 but before the last tournament.
Nothing's been confirmed there as of yet as far as I'm aware, there's just fan speculation and assumptions. Actually, I hope someone sent them a question about the timeline on that Q&A Twitter thing they set up, because it'd be nice to know.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pmNothing's been confirmed there as of yet as far as I'm aware, there's just fan speculation and assumptions. Actually, I hope someone sent them a question about the timeline on that Q&A Twitter thing they set up, because it'd be nice to know.
I hope so! We'll have a better idea once more character sheets or a trailer is released like if Uub appears or if Goten and Trunks look a little older but not as old as in EoZ. The short teaser had Goku is his usual gi so I assumed it took place before EoZ although that could be to avoid spoilers I guess. I think Toriyama would want to "bridge the gap" between Super and EoZ before jumping ahead assuming he ever changed his mind about going past it.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Skar wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm Maybe it's too much to hope for, but I'm hoping for a meaningful role for Piccolo (my favorite character, shocker), as well as seriously establishing future generation characters like Pan, Goten, and Trunks. It's pretty exciting to me that Super Hero is post-EoZ.
Was it confirmed to take place after EoZ? I thought it might be either in Age 783 or 784 but before the last tournament.
I guess it hasn't been definitively stated. I was just assuming it was based on Pan's appearance; she looks older than EoZ imho. Hopefully we find out, soon.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 am

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:09 pm
Skar wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm
I guess it hasn't been definitively stated. I was just assuming it was based on Pan's appearance; she looks older than EoZ imho. Hopefully we find out, soon.
Well i hope that we will be getting the trailer for the movie in next month NYCC

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.
Where did they say it'll be CGI?

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.
The trailer is litteraly CG

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 am

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 pm
That hopping Goku that's a place holder, or did I miss something?

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 pm

The reason why those shows look as great as they do is because they have a top notch animation schedule and most of the ppl behind super & broly are working on it. My gripe is that they say they have no staff. You mean to tell me Toei can’t spare a couple of animators for 1 Dragonball movie yet the new Slam Dunk coming out around the same time is gonna be 2-d animated.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 am
MeMeDZEHH wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 pm

That hopping Goku that's a place holder, or did I miss something?
The clip of Goku isnt actually from the movie, but they said that's what the movie will look like. Also the character designs they revealed were CG models as well. I'm hoping they at least update the animation with hair and clothing physics, because that clip of Goku was pretty rough looking.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:10 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 pm

The reason why those shows look as great as they do is because they have a top notch animation schedule and most of the ppl behind super & broly are working on it. My gripe is that they say they have no staff. You mean to tell me Toei can’t spare a couple of animators for 1 Dragonball movie yet the new Slam Dunk coming out around the same time is gonna be 2-d animated.
I don't think they're making it CG because they don't have animators to spare, but because they think this is a new and fresh style that people will like. I think they're wrong and would have preferred the same style animation from Broly, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it turns out nice.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:15 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:10 pm
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 pm

I don't think they're making it CG because they don't have animators to spare, but because they think this is a new and fresh style that people will like. I think they're wrong and would have preferred the same style animation from Broly, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it turns out nice.
You know i wish Iyoku/Shuiesha/Toei or whoever is running the Dragon ball franchise ship would try to keep their hands on the pulse of what the fandom would like to see not talking crazy crap like ssj4 blue goku & etc. I also hope this looks amazing but I'm cautiously optimistic at best.