Hear Some GT Songs Live This Thursday!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Hear Some GT Songs Live This Thursday!

Post by DBZfan29 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:19 pm

On Friday, I attended the "What a beautiful memory ~Kiseki~" concert in Osaka, a tribute show celebrating ZARD's thirtieth anniversary. It was an amazing show and getting to see ZARD live was one of the reasons why I've wanted to come to Japan since I was a kid. The show had many guest artists who worked with ZARD, including Tokunaga Akihito and the vocalists of FIELD OF VIEW and DEEN. They also had their music featured in Dragon Ball GT.

My favorite part of the show had to be the performance of "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku," the opening theme of GT. While it was primarily an arrangement of ZARD's version, FIELD OF VIEW vocalist Asaoka Yuya sang the second verse. Later in the show, "Don't you see!", the second ending theme of GT, was also performed.

I'm not sure if it's region locked, but you can stream the Tokyo show live on Thursday, February 10 at 6:30 PM JST. The ticket costs about $40 and you can watch it until Sunday night. There will probably be a DVD recording of the show out in a few months, but if you want to see it live, it's definitely worth it. The show will most likely have the same setlist as the Osaka show.

Here is the link: https://wezard.net/zardlive/#ticket

Also, ZARD's music has been available to stream worldwide since September, so if you use any streaming services, definitely have a listen!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Hear Some GT Songs Live This Thursday!

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Must have been a great experience!