Special - The Unofficial One Piece Podcast: "Cross Epoch"

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Special - The Unofficial One Piece Podcast: "Cross Epoch"

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:20 am

Special - The Unofficial One Piece Podcast: "Cross Epoch" (download MP3) (rss feed)
88:02; 160 kbps, stereo; 100 MB

Hiyo! So after we recorded the latest episode of our show (#0212), Julian and I hung out with the guys from the Unofficial One Piece Podcast for a special "cross-over" show of sorts which ended up being (appropriately!) called "Cross Epoch".
The Unofficial One Piece Podcast wrote:On this special episode of The One Piece Podcast we are joined by VegettoEX and Julian of Daizenshuu EX as we hash through Dragonball and One Piece: the similarities between the series, our experiences with both, and some of the featured works between the two series. On the One Piece Podcast side of the aisle we’re joined by our friend from Japan, Greg of www.thegrandline.com, Jason “EvilGamerX,” and of course myself and Ed. Check out Daizenshuu EX at www.daizex.com for everything and anything Dragonball!
Zach broke down the discussion areas and timecodes over on the AP Forums:

0:00 Introduction
0:01 Origin Stories
0:11 Reading One Piece
0:17 The Art of Dubbing
0:29 Getting the Word Out
0:34 Monochrome Talk
0:55 Cross Epoch
1:05 Camaraderie
1:21 Good Bye

Of additional special note for all you DragonBall fans is that we got a chance to speak with Greg Werner, who started running The Ultimate Dragon Ball Z Information Site a year before even I got started with mine! How we've never had Greg on our own show in over 200 episodes is something I still haven't figured out. We'll fix that again soon :P.

Let me know if you run into any issues with downloading the file. I'm direct-linking to the MP3 version with their permission, but I was having some issues connecting to the server this morning. We have a backup online just in case!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BlazeGogeta

Re: Special - The Unofficial One Piece Podcast: "Cross Epoch"

Post by BlazeGogeta » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:14 am

Very nice listen. I'm not a big fan of the series (One Piece). Maybe now, I'm convinced to read it.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:34 am

Wha... I started listening to their podcast a few weeks ago! Didn't see a crossover between the two of you coming.

-Downloading-

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:48 pm

This is really nice to listen to. I'm also a fan of One Piece because of the similarities it has with Dragon Ball, but I also have the big problem of reading the manga, then stopping, then returning, then stopping etc.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, I started reading One Piece back in 2003 with the first issue of American Jump. I love the series to death, but I'm still not past volume 15 or so. It's crazy! A fan for seven years, but I've barely read past the introduction arcs. Hoping to catch up with VIZ's sped-up release.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm a big fan of both, but I only keep up with the Viz manga releases of One Piece, so hopefully this won't spoil any future plot details for me. Still, I can't wait to listen.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 am

I have the returning, then stopping problem too. I've only watched up to episode 11 of One Piece. I might start watching it again, but there's over 400 episodes to catch up on, and that's a monumental task. Never read the manga though, so I might give that a chance.

Great podcast though. Dragon Ball and One Piece go together very well. Hopefully a new special with both series will happen again soon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 am

If only the size of the file wasn't so large. :(
*Laments the fact that her computer space is stretched thin*.

I do have room on my laptop though; maybe I'll download it and listen from there.

I'm sure it sounds fantastic in stereo though. I'm a casual One Piece fan, and I really enjoyed Cross Epoch, so I'd like to give this a listen.

EDIT: I downloaded it to the PC anyway. Deleted some old files I didn't need first though.

So worth the download. This was just a really enjoyable podcast. I actually haven't read the Skypiea arc yet. I probably should, it sounds interesting and I'm really longing for an arc where the whole crew is together again. Don't get me wrong, the current arc is intense, but I miss the main group so much. Someone mentioned about how the arcs also work well in self contained form so you can jump around and that is so true. When I was first really getting into the manga that's what I did.

Also, One Piece movies 4 and 6. I adore them. Funimation, please license these movies and put out DVD's because I really want to buy them.

I'd like to place my own support behind making one more Toei-animated Dragon Ball movie. I want one of those so badly. I've seen the kinds of amazing stuff Toei's animation team can do with today's technology via the One Piece movies. Just one more super amazing movie before Ms. Nozawa retires from voice acting. The Jump Tour special was so much fun. I'd love something in that vein only using the color scheme from the series along with giving Goku and Vegeta somebody really challenging to fight.

Oh! And to tie in the briefly mentioned Precure, Ms. Nozawa did voice work in that series as well. I've seen clips of her voicing both the grandmother of one of the characters, it's so different than her Goku voice; it's all elegant older lady, but you can still tell it's the same actress; and as one of the little mascot characters from one of the movies. Her mascot character--cute little flying squirrel--sounds exactly like her Goku and that makes it hilarious to me. X3

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 am

Great listen. This was a great podcast and one I hoped for after listening to the Daizex podcast for so long, and starting the Unofficial One Piece podcast. Mike, I wanted to ask: have you progressed any further with One Piece?

arromdee

Post by arromdee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:45 pm

This is many years later, of course, but this podcast no longer can be downloaded from your feed. I couldn't find it on the One Piece podcast's site either.

Skarsolos
Patreon Supporter

Post by Skarsolos » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:54 pm

I also can't seem to find this anywhere. Does anybody have a copy of this? If so could I get a copy? I would like to hear it.