Should iconic Dragon Ball OCs be added as Dokkan units?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Should iconic Dragon Ball OCs be added as Dokkan units?

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:03 pm

Title, basically.

Imagine if Bandai made a new event where some of the most famous (or infamous?) OCs in the fandom are getting added as units, with their own story taken from the fan manga/series they hail from. Here's an idea for some OC Dokkan units.

[The Ultimate Hybrid] Xicor

He's an LR Extreme PHY unit, his Link Skills are Kamehameha, Super Saiyan, Legendary Power and Prodigies, and his Super Attack is a Dark Kamehameha.

He has 27963 HP, 22615 ATK, and 13763 DEF. He's in the Goku's Family Category, and I can't think of any Active Skills RN. What do you guys think of this idea? Post some more hypothetical Dokkan OC units if you want
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Should iconic Dragon Ball OCs be added as Dokkan units?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:47 pm

That would never happen. They would be acquiring/licensing things that were originally breaches of intellectual property law in the first place. I don't think anyone could come up with many examples of this ever actually happening with multi-million dollar franchises and their respective fan works.

And as much as folks think some of these characters are "iconic"... they're not, quite honestly. They're big fish in little ponds.

That said, I'm shocked characters exclusive to certain games don't appear more often elsewhere. We honestly never thought Ozotto would ever appear again, especially with him debuting in a Sega arcade game as opposed to something developed internally by Bandai/Banpresto... but they made that happen! So it's doable. Where's Gohanks? He's the biggest contender, having been simultaneously developed for usage in both Fusions and Heroes, and he even got merchandise! Actually he's probably in Dokkan by now. Someone would have to tell me... not like I know! :lol:

I'd be super curious to see what the licenses are like these days for games that have characters original to them. Does Bandai ultimately own them in totality? Does Shueisha's ownership supersede even them? We've seen all sorts of wild things in the past, like the Wonder Boy and Adventure Island games, where things like the game engine were owned by one company but the characters were owned by another, resulting in a split line of otherwise-identical games that spawned their own unique family trees.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:47 pm And as much as folks think some of these characters are "iconic"... they're not, quite honestly. They're big fish in little ponds.
The only OC I would even remotely call "iconic" is Tablos, and that's only because everyone confused him for Super Saiyan 5 Goku. The closest I can see Toei getting to actually doing that would be for SS4 Xeno Goku to use Mastered Ultra Instinct (indeed, I've been predicting ever since 2018 that if they're going to "canonize" SS5, it's going to be by combining MUI with SS4 in some way).

Otherwise, they'd have to be getting pretty desperate to start relying on fan characters (Xenoverse notwithstanding).
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:47 pm Where's Gohanks? He's the biggest contender, having been simultaneously developed for usage in both Fusions and Heroes, and he even got merchandise! Actually he's probably in Dokkan by now.
I mean, XENO Gohanks is in Dokkan as an SSR INT unit, and he can be Dokkan Awakened into his Super Saiyan 3 form, becoming a UR Super INT unit

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:27 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:24 pm I mean, XENO Gohanks is in Dokkan as an SSR INT unit, and he can be Dokkan Awakened into his Super Saiyan 3 form, becoming a UR Super INT unit
Complete gibberish to me, but I'm glad he's in! :lol:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:42 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:27 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:24 pm I mean, XENO Gohanks is in Dokkan as an SSR INT unit, and he can be Dokkan Awakened into his Super Saiyan 3 form, becoming a UR Super INT unit
Complete gibberish to me, but I'm glad he's in! :lol:
I could explain it to you in normal person speak, assuming you don't know about Dokkan's terms.

TL;DR, Dokkan colors are like types in Pokemon. PHY (physical, yellow) beats INT (intelligence, purple), INT beats TEQ (Technique, green), TEQ beats AGL (Agility, blue), and AGL beats STR (strength, red), and STR beats PHY. These also have Super and Extreme variants.

The rarities, from worst to best, go - Normal, Rare, Super Rare, Specially Super Rare (probably), Ultra Rare, and finally, Legendary Rarity. LR units are some of the strongest units in the game; they have incredible card art and Super Attack animations.

Awakenings are like evolving your Pokemon. You can evolve them normally all the way up to UR, and you require special...things, I forgot the name...to awaken them to their LR state. Sometimes, they transform when they become LR units; for example, a Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, who is a Super AGL and UR unit, can be Dokkan Awakened into a Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta.

Did you get all that? Good.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:18 pm

At best I can see them coming up with characters based on the OCs, but that's it, even then, it's very unlikely that's gonna happen, because if anything, they're more likely to come up with characters based on previous a previous version of an existing character (Or just make a ripoff of an existing character), like how Beerus' original version could corrupt people with his power, and Cumber's power to corrupt people with his evil ki is possibly from that.

So yeah, something like Xicor, or even something based on him, is pretty unlikely.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.