If Pearl Jam existed in the Dragon Ball universe, what characters would be a fan of the band’s music?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DLJL731980
Banned

Re: If Pearl Jam existed in the Dragon Ball universe, what characters would be a fan of the band’s music?

Post by DLJL731980 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:24 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:57 pm
jjgp1112 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:40 pmImage Ghetto, huh?

Image Wonder why that has such a negative connotation
Yup.

To be fair, he did also throw in a "dumb redneck" stereotype immediately thereafter. Not like that's much better here either obviously, but I guess its possibly some misguided attempt at being "racially balanced" with his insults? Or something? I dunno. I'm probably being far, far too charitable with that. Again though, obviously that was a cringe-fest and stupid/ignorant as shit; but he's also probably like 11 or 12 or thereabouts if I had to guess, so I'm not going to go especially over the top in ripping him a new one for it.

(Watch him turn out to be like 28 or 45 or something)

[PSA] Kids, don't use "ghetto" as an insult or especially as a stand-in for "unintelligent". You're just perpetuating grotesque racist stereotypes, and then the only person who ends up looking like a fucking idiot asshole is you. [/PSA]

jjgp1112 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:40 pmI'm fairly certain DLJL is now just shitposting to try derailing this thread)
Which is especially funny since its his own thread. :lol: And it was already plenty ridiculous and shitposty as it was!
The only asshole here is you and everyone on this site.

Get Jesus, buddy.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: If Pearl Jam existed in the Dragon Ball universe, what characters would be a fan of the band’s music?

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:35 pm

I don't understand how this went from a fairly-straightforward (if odd) music/character discussion thread to sudden racist/anti-trans comments??? Because...kunzait didn't quote a post? Why would you even WANT that, have you seen how much that fucker can type?

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:07 am

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:24 pmThe only asshole here is you and everyone on this site.
Then... why are you even here in the first place? Why hang out with people you don't like and think are assholes? That seems like a pretty miserable waste of time to me.

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:24 pmGet Jesus, buddy.
I got 9 straight years of Catholic school under my belt kiddo, so I got more than plenty of him growing up. :lol:

Anyways, in the interest of re-railing this thread back at least somewhat on track, and since DLJ... DLJ2... something... fuck it, since "Guy Who's Cat Walked Across the Keyboard While He Was Entering His Username" was SO aggressively insistent that I reply to his earlier post, and since I've really apparently got nothing better to do with myself on a Thursday night...

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmI was talking about Christopher Sabat’s Vegeta here…but none the less……………………….
Ok then, by that rationale I'm going to state unequivocally that since I've always considered FUNimation dub Dragon Ball to be effectively its own separate universe with its own separate characters and continuity and story apart from the actual Dragon Ball series... then diagnosing the musical tastes of the FUNi Ball cast is a LOT simpler.

They're ALL Nu Metal fans. All of them. Every last one, from Lunch (sorry, "Launch") to "Krillin" to "Tien" to Goku, Vegeta, "Frieza", etc. All of them listen to literally nothing else except Linkin Park, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Korn, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Staind, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, and maybe sometimes Evanescence. Oh, and Linkin Park. Can't forget them.

No one in the FUNi Ball cast ever listens to anything else, for the simple reason that no other music other than late 90s/early 2000s Nu Metal and post-Grunge Buttrock exists whatsoever in the FUNi Ball universe. No classical music, no blues, no jazz, no R&B, no traditional hard rock or punk music (like ACTUAL punk music, I'm sure Blink 182 and Sum 41 exists in the FUNi Ball universe), and certainly no avant garde experimental noise rock.

Nope, in the dub-verse of DB, the only popular music ever to exist in any form or capacity is whatever Raprock backwash you'd find at a Family Values or Ozzfest concert or on Attitude-era WWF/WWE in the tail-end late 90s and early-most 2000s. Nickelback was their universe's Nirvana, and Fred Durst was their Tupac. So yeah, of course Sabat's Vegeta loves Buttrock... so would every other character in the FUNi Ball universe, because that's basically all that they have. :lol: :lol:

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmClearly, you have never listened to ANY of Creed’s songs other than the hits.
You got me: I didn't make it a point in my life to listen to every last obscure album-filler song in the entire discography of a shitty band that I don't in any way like and thus make myself into a formal, scholarly expert on schlock music that sounds like pure distilled cringe. Guilty as charged.

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmYou telling me songs like What If, My Own Prison, Ode, Signs, Freedom Fighter, Unforgiven are “sissy” songs that aren’t heavy and angry and don’t suit Vegeta’s style and attitude???
Um... yeah. Yes actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. Word for word precisely. :lol: :lol: Glad we understand one another!

I mean, obviously those songs are certainly MEANT by Creed to sound "heavy" and "angry". That's clearly the intent behind them, sure. But do they actually meet the mark? Would they successfully and credibly pass themselves off as such to a character like say... a megalomaniacal prince of a despotic warrior race of space barbarians who murder and slaughter and revel in the corpses of untold numbers of civilizations just purely for the fun of it?

Uh... well, let me put it this way: how often do your typical sheltered, insulated suburban whiteboy Christian dudes ever successfully pull off "edgy" and "angry" without falling flat on their face into pure lolcow cringe? Much less pass themselves off credibly as "edgy" to someone who even just has like, a fractal amount of serious real world experience, much less someone who was raised from birth to be a bloodthirsty mass murdering psychopath to whom the wholesale slaughter of children elicits little more than vague bemusement?

Besides, anyone else reading this nonsense thread, you no doubt should also have Youtube or Spotify also at your disposal. Go look up those Creed songs listed up top in Cat Walks Across Keyboard's post, then compare them to anything put out by any actual, legitimate heavy metal band from the 80s or whatnot (and no, hair metal doesn't count, so no slipping in any Bon Jovi or Poison or *shudder* White Snake), and you be the judge.

I'm sure most folks will come to the obvious conclusion that the Arms Wide Open dudes are a thousand percent more edgy and acid-tinged than Slayer or Pantera or, fuck, even Guns 'N Roses. The same character who was roasting Namekian babies alive with his ki with a maniacal slasher villain grin on his face I'm sure is going to connect and relate strongly with such viscerally rage-filled, intimidatingly badass lyrics like:
Creed wrote:To let love replace all our hate
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?
Can you take me higher?
To a place where blind men see
Can you take me higher?
To a place with golden streets
...which is TOTALLY in no way, shape or form just the most razor thinly-veiled description of the Christian heaven. :roll:

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmAnd Creed ISN’T a Christian Rock Band. Bands like Switchfoot, Lifehouse and Owl City are Christian rock bands. Creed is a Christian Hard Rock band. Get it right.
Oh, a thousand pardons for my *snrk* disrespect towards the *pffft!* long and storied history of Christian rock's ability to oh so seamlessly and naturally *rofl* crossover into the edgy, dangerous realm of "hard" rock...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, I can't, not with a straight face. :lol: :lol:

Hey man, you wanted sooooo badly for me to respond to that post! Ask and ye shall receive! :lol: :twisted:

Shaddy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:35 pmBecause...kunzait didn't quote a post? Why would you even WANT that, have you seen how much that fucker can type?
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:43 am

I bet Yamcha would love Dragon Force. He seems like one of the few characters who would listen to music.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:13 am

This thread is amazing.

Kame-Sennin is an old school disco fan. Nonstop Bee Gees in Kame House.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:41 am

This scene is Krillin, without question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:31 am

This thread got me thinking: what if Pearl Jam existed in the Dragon Ball universe? 🤔
What Italian food would the characters be served, and what ailments of theirs would be cured?
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:32 pm

it looks like music bands is a topic than can escalate very quickly around here. I have never been a fan of any because I believe at one point or the other music bands stop being true to themselves and commit to produce what is going to sell well as per the record company demands.

Here it goes my grain of salt, I only know a few songs from pearl jam, I think Piccolo would like them. I like the offspring and I think Krillin would like it.
(the current youth zeitgeist who are now currently supplanting millennials as the dominant voice in spaces like this place here).
I am getting a bit scared of it, if you asking me
Then again, I dunno man, I get the impression that Brief and his wife have some pretty wild arrangements and allowances and that dude seems like he's down for whatever.
Glad to see I am not the only one who thinks so :lol:
Vegeta would also be a HUGE fan of Creed…but feel very embarrassed
Oh yeah and singing to baby trunks only when they are alone "with arms wide open..."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:51 pm

Saiya6Cit wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:32 pm it looks like music bands is a topic than can escalate very quickly around here. I have never been a fan of any because I believe at one point or the other music bands stop being true to themselves and commit to produce what is going to sell well as per the record company demands.

Here it goes my grain of salt, I only know a few songs from pearl jam, I think Piccolo would like them. I like the offspring and I think Krillin would like it.
(the current youth zeitgeist who are now currently supplanting millennials as the dominant voice in spaces like this place here).
I am getting a bit scared of it, if you asking me
Then again, I dunno man, I get the impression that Brief and his wife have some pretty wild arrangements and allowances and that dude seems like he's down for whatever.
Glad to see I am not the only one who thinks so :lol:
Vegeta would also be a HUGE fan of Creed…but feel very embarrassed
Oh yeah and singing to baby trunks only when they are alone "with arms wide open..."
Why do you fear Zoomers?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:00 pm

Tenshinhan, probably. He likes to be shirtless in public.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:05 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:41 am This scene is Krillin, without question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs
Krillin is definitely that non black Gen Xer that's obsessed with the Wu-Tang Clan.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:43 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:07 am
DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:24 pmThe only asshole here is you and everyone on this site.
Then... why are you even here in the first place? Why hang out with people you don't like and think are assholes? That seems like a pretty miserable waste of time to me.

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:24 pmGet Jesus, buddy.
I got 9 straight years of Catholic school under my belt kiddo, so I got more than plenty of him growing up. :lol:

Anyways, in the interest of re-railing this thread back at least somewhat on track, and since DLJ... DLJ2... something... fuck it, since "Guy Who's Cat Walked Across the Keyboard While He Was Entering His Username" was SO aggressively insistent that I reply to his earlier post, and since I've really apparently got nothing better to do with myself on a Thursday night...

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmI was talking about Christopher Sabat’s Vegeta here…but none the less……………………….
Ok then, by that rationale I'm going to state unequivocally that since I've always considered FUNimation dub Dragon Ball to be effectively its own separate universe with its own separate characters and continuity and story apart from the actual Dragon Ball series... then diagnosing the musical tastes of the FUNi Ball cast is a LOT simpler.

They're ALL Nu Metal fans. All of them. Every last one, from Lunch (sorry, "Launch") to "Krillin" to "Tien" to Goku, Vegeta, "Frieza", etc. All of them listen to literally nothing else except Linkin Park, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Korn, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Staind, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, and maybe sometimes Evanescence. Oh, and Linkin Park. Can't forget them.

No one in the FUNi Ball cast ever listens to anything else, for the simple reason that no other music other than late 90s/early 2000s Nu Metal and post-Grunge Buttrock exists whatsoever in the FUNi Ball universe. No classical music, no blues, no jazz, no R&B, no traditional hard rock or punk music (like ACTUAL punk music, I'm sure Blink 182 and Sum 41 exists in the FUNi Ball universe), and certainly no avant garde experimental noise rock.

Nope, in the dub-verse of DB, the only popular music ever to exist in any form or capacity is whatever Raprock backwash you'd find at a Family Values or Ozzfest concert or on Attitude-era WWF/WWE in the tail-end late 90s and early-most 2000s. Nickelback was their universe's Nirvana, and Fred Durst was their Tupac. So yeah, of course Sabat's Vegeta loves Buttrock... so would every other character in the FUNi Ball universe, because that's basically all that they have. :lol: :lol:

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmClearly, you have never listened to ANY of Creed’s songs other than the hits.
You got me: I didn't make it a point in my life to listen to every last obscure album-filler song in the entire discography of a shitty band that I don't in any way like and thus make myself into a formal, scholarly expert on schlock music that sounds like pure distilled cringe. Guilty as charged.

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmYou telling me songs like What If, My Own Prison, Ode, Signs, Freedom Fighter, Unforgiven are “sissy” songs that aren’t heavy and angry and don’t suit Vegeta’s style and attitude???
Um... yeah. Yes actually, that's exactly what I'm saying. Word for word precisely. :lol: :lol: Glad we understand one another!

I mean, obviously those songs are certainly MEANT by Creed to sound "heavy" and "angry". That's clearly the intent behind them, sure. But do they actually meet the mark? Would they successfully and credibly pass themselves off as such to a character like say... a megalomaniacal prince of a despotic warrior race of space barbarians who murder and slaughter and revel in the corpses of untold numbers of civilizations just purely for the fun of it?

Uh... well, let me put it this way: how often do your typical sheltered, insulated suburban whiteboy Christian dudes ever successfully pull off "edgy" and "angry" without falling flat on their face into pure lolcow cringe? Much less pass themselves off credibly as "edgy" to someone who even just has like, a fractal amount of serious real world experience, much less someone who was raised from birth to be a bloodthirsty mass murdering psychopath to whom the wholesale slaughter of children elicits little more than vague bemusement?

Besides, anyone else reading this nonsense thread, you no doubt should also have Youtube or Spotify also at your disposal. Go look up those Creed songs listed up top in Cat Walks Across Keyboard's post, then compare them to anything put out by any actual, legitimate heavy metal band from the 80s or whatnot (and no, hair metal doesn't count, so no slipping in any Bon Jovi or Poison or *shudder* White Snake), and you be the judge.

I'm sure most folks will come to the obvious conclusion that the Arms Wide Open dudes are a thousand percent more edgy and acid-tinged than Slayer or Pantera or, fuck, even Guns 'N Roses. The same character who was roasting Namekian babies alive with his ki with a maniacal slasher villain grin on his face I'm sure is going to connect and relate strongly with such viscerally rage-filled, intimidatingly badass lyrics like:
Creed wrote:To let love replace all our hate
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?
Can you take me higher?
To a place where blind men see
Can you take me higher?
To a place with golden streets
...which is TOTALLY in no way, shape or form just the most razor thinly-veiled description of the Christian heaven. :roll:

DLJL731980 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 pmAnd Creed ISN’T a Christian Rock Band. Bands like Switchfoot, Lifehouse and Owl City are Christian rock bands. Creed is a Christian Hard Rock band. Get it right.
Oh, a thousand pardons for my *snrk* disrespect towards the *pffft!* long and storied history of Christian rock's ability to oh so seamlessly and naturally *rofl* crossover into the edgy, dangerous realm of "hard" rock...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, I can't, not with a straight face. :lol: :lol:

Hey man, you wanted sooooo badly for me to respond to that post! Ask and ye shall receive! :lol: :twisted:

Shaddy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:35 pmBecause...kunzait didn't quote a post? Why would you even WANT that, have you seen how much that fucker can type?
This is the best post made on these forums in at least the last couple years :thumbup:
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:09 pm

Why do you fear Zoomers?
They are running in packs and they are the dominant market

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:10 pm

Saiya6Cit wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:09 pm
Why do you fear Zoomers?
I'm not sure I understand what your logic is. Or is this a gag reply?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:06 pm

Why do you fear Zoomers?
Hell yeah we are!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:24 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:10 pm
Why do you fear Zoomers?
I recognize we are getting a bit off topic, but no, it is not a gag answer, just the realization that it does not matter anymore what we the old fans of dragon ball want or expect from the series/franchise since it is up to Toei animation producers and directors to decide which path they will take it, and we know which way it will always be: the one which they can milk the most.

We, the fans of 30 something years old, are not the market no more, since we don't conssume as much. Due to our age we have important finantial commitments aleady, either to support a family, pay for a mortgage or housing, pay credit card debts, student loans or even medical bills whilst the younger generations can still go on a consumption frenzy and purchase whatever they want. Who knows what will happen to DB? it will be whatever the dominant markets choses to be.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Saiya6Cit wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:24 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:10 pm
I recognize we are getting a bit off topic, but no, it is not a gag answer, just the realization that it does not matter anymore what we the old fans of dragon ball want or expect from the series/franchise since it is up to Toei animation producers and directors to decide which path they will take it, and we know which way it will always be: the one which they can milk the most.

We, the fans of 30 something years old, are not the market no more, since we don't conssume as much. Due to our age we have important finantial commitments aleady, either to support a family, pay for a mortgage or housing, pay credit card debts, student loans or even medical bills whilst the younger generations can still go on a consumption frenzy and purchase whatever they want. Who knows what will happen to DB? it will be whatever the dominant markets choses to be.
Yeah, okay, I...don't see the issue? It's always been like this. Furthermore, what Millenials wanted twenty years ago is not what we want now. Heck, we're out there making what we want now instead.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:21 pm

Bejita comes off as the kind of guy who'd unironically like Carnivore, with songs with such nice titles as "Male Supremacy," "World Wars III & IV," and my personal favorite, "Predator"
Broken splintered bones, boiling blood
Torn and bleeding skin
Blackened burning flesh melting fat
Amputated limbs
Eviscerated, lungs torn out
Heart ripped from the chest
Decapitated, a meal of
Vagina and breasts
Eyes plucked from sockets, gaping holes
Through which picking brains
Phlebophilia love of blood
Life spills from the veins
I detect the scent of prey by
Her menstruation
You have been chosen the main course
Congratulations!
You know, because he's probably done all of that himself personally
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:41 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:28 pm Yeah, okay, I...don't see the issue? It's always been like this. Furthermore, what Millenials wanted twenty years ago is not what we want now. Heck, we're out there making what we want now instead.
Also, what Dragon Ball is right now is not what it was 25 years ago...and as far as I can tell, most critics young and old still think what it is right now kind of sucks. Strikes me as less "afraid of youth" and more "afraid of change".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:08 am

Shaddy wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:41 am
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:28 pm Yeah, okay, I...don't see the issue? It's always been like this. Furthermore, what Millenials wanted twenty years ago is not what we want now. Heck, we're out there making what we want now instead.
Also, what Dragon Ball is right now is not what it was 25 years ago...and as far as I can tell, most critics young and old still think what it is right now kind of sucks. Strikes me as less "afraid of youth" and more "afraid of change".
How much of that is rose-tinted glasses for older Dragon Ball mixed with just not liking change? I have plenty of criticisms for modern Dragon Ball but a lot of not all of them also apply to old Dragon Ball projects, too.

Albeit, I don't live and breathe Dragon Ball anymore and I haven't read the original comic or watched the original cartoon in-full since transitioning.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter