I want a compilation game so badly

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

I want a compilation game so badly

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:42 pm

I'd love if Bandai could do a HD remaster of Infinte World, Super DBZ and Tenkaichi 3 maybe even sagas and release that. So many fond memories from 3 of those games as a kid.

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Re: I want a compilation game so badly

Post by Asin » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:16 am

You'd really want Sagas to get a re-release? The one console game that was developed by Americans that everyone universally considers shit?
Fat chance in Hell HFIL for that.

Out of your list, I can honestly say the only one I can really see getting a re-release is Tenkaichi 3, and as a collection with Tenkaichi and Tenkaichi 2, and most likely with any of Yamamoto's music scraped out and replaced because that man prob has some plagarized music in those.
Super Dragon Ball Z would be nice, but barely anyone really knows about it, and it's similar to Infinite World, in that there's not as big a market for those two. Why? Because not a ton of people bought them and thus they don't appeal to the general masses, at least according to how I understand it.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:49 pm

8-16 bit DB and DBZ retro compilation shouldnt be problem, they can use already existing fan translations too :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:17 pm

Hell yeah, re-release Sagas. Let's go.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:29 am

Asin wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:16 am Out of your list, I can honestly say the only one I can really see getting a re-release is Tenkaichi 3, and as a collection with Tenkaichi and Tenkaichi 2, and most likely with any of Yamamoto's music scraped out and replaced because that man prob has some plagarized music in those.
Only Tenkaichi 1used Yamamoto's music. 2 and 3 had a different composer.
Super Dragon Ball Z would be nice, but barely anyone really knows about it, and it's similar to Infinite World, in that there's not as big a market for those two. Why? Because not a ton of people bought them and thus they don't appeal to the general masses, at least according to how I understand it.
Super DBZ has a pretty dedicated following, and could potentially attract more interest with online play.

Infinite World didn't sell well because it came out so late in the PS2's lifecycle, and many people had already moved on to 7th Gen consoles at that point. It also didn't have the best marketing, and many fans didn't even know it existed until years later when popular Youtubers covered it. I could see it doing better today if they put out a remaster with decent marketing. Despite being low budget it's one of the best DBZ games out there, and is still fun to play today.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 pm

Asin wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:16 am Out of your list, I can honestly say the only one I can really see getting a re-release is Tenkaichi 3, and as a collection with Tenkaichi and Tenkaichi 2, and most likely with any of Yamamoto's music scraped out and replaced because that man prob has some plagarized music in those.
Bamco lost the coding for the Tenkaichi games so there's no chance of them being re-released.

Budokai is turning 20 this year so we might get another Budokai HD Collection. Hopefully with Budokai 2 and online functionality this time. Maybe even throw in Shin Budokai, Burst Limit, and Infinite World for an all-star collection.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:58 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 pm Bamco lost the coding for the Tenkaichi games so there's no chance of them being re-released.
How the hell do companies lose those things? Konami also lost the source code of Silent Hill 2's, and maybe 3's, release versions and they had to use older, glitchier versions for the HD releases... Seriously lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:37 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 pm
Bamco lost the coding for the Tenkaichi games so there's no chance of them being re-released.
Oh wait, they did?

...How the heck do you lose something like that? Did someone just end up deleting it on accident? Also, where did you get this info? It doesn't sound like something you just mention in an interview, or at least I would think so.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Asin wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:37 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 pm
Oh wait, they did?

...How the heck do you lose something like that? Did someone just end up deleting it on accident? Also, where did you get this info? It doesn't sound like something you just mention in an interview, or at least I would think so.
I would love the source of that too.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.