Does anyone remember the DBZ Arcade only titles?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Does anyone remember the DBZ Arcade only titles?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:05 pm

In the 90s, you had three DBZ fighting games that were released only in Arcades. I'm talking about the Banpresto DBZ arcade games. I still remember seeing them appear randomly as a kid in the late 90s and early 2000s when I don't think they were officially released by Bandai. I still never played Dragon Ball Z: V.R.V.S, but I did play the other two games. I remember DBZ1 being at my ice skating back in the late 1990s which I also remember being in the next to a Metal Slug 2 arcade machine. It's been ages since I played it, but I remember it was decent. I also remember playing Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle at the arcades at a movie theather which had many kids playing it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone remember the DBZ Arcade only titles?

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:39 am

Never experienced the arcades first-hand because there weren't any DB ones in my country, but I know of these games.
It was a surprise to see them add Burter as a playable character.
The background cameos in the stages were also interesting, these games tend to have more detail put into them than you'd think.

Oh and the custom story endings for the second one are very fun, like Cell surviving and becoming an ally.

coola
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone remember the DBZ Arcade only titles?

Post by coola » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:04 am

Played them on MAME, mostly Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle, i remember they made Dr Gero comedy/unlucky character, similar to Super Sonic Warriors 1 story, also loved #19 reduced to polish boots guy :) Also loved Goku ending,
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015