10 Years of Kanzenshuu! Website design refresh, content updates, and Patreon

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

10 Years of Kanzenshuu! Website design refresh, content updates, and Patreon

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:46 am

Heeeeeeeeeya, everyone!

It's been ten years since Mike, Julian, Heath, and Jake did a little dance (or swapped earrings... we're not entirely sure how this actually works, anymore) and combined into Kanzenshuu. It's been a wild ride this last decade, and we can't wait to see what the next ten years brings us.

And that's where you come in!

Alongside the anniversary today, we have a bunch of announcements and new stuff going up on the site.

Kanzenshuu Celebrates 10 Years With a Design Refresh
"Believe it or not — as of today, April 1st — Kanzenshuu has been chugging along for 10 solid years. In internet time, that’s like… a century! And a lot can change in a century, especially on the internet. So what better way is there to celebrate our 10th anniversary than to give the site a much needed facelift?!" (read more...)

Kanzenshuu’s Dragon Ball Rumor Guide Receives Overhaul + New Entries
"We originally launched the 'Rumor Guide' on 13 December 2003 back on Daizenshuu EX, one of the original fusees of this website. Alongside standard sections like the 'Music Database' and the 'Episode Guide', it’s one of the longest-running sections we have that’s still based in some of the original, pre-Kanzenshuu content!" (read more...)

Kanzenshuu Launches Patreon Support Campaign
"We have actively resisted soliciting formal, ongoing, incentivized crowdfunding support for so long — the entire 24 year legacy of this website, to be exact! But it’s time." (read more...)

We look forward to and appreciate your feedback, thoughts, hopes, dreams, and mutual aspirations as we head on into our next decade!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: 10 Years of Kanzenshuu! Website design refresh, content updates, and Patreon

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Wow, ten years already? How the passes time! Congratulations! I'd sub to the Patreon but I just lost my job so money is, as they say, tight right now. I hope things continue to work out!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: 10 Years of Kanzenshuu! Website design refresh, content updates, and Patreon

Post by Yuji » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:45 pm

You can access (one page of) the Wiki now? Me sitting here wondering if this is some elaborate April Fool's joke.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:00 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:45 pm You can access (one page of) the Wiki now? Me sitting here wondering if this is some elaborate April Fool's joke.
We've actually had the main page live for a little bit now, but just hadn't made the actual link in the website navigation "live" since then.

There are a bunch of preview pages linked on the main wiki page (and our live stream from last year), so please dive in, enjoy, get excited, etc. etc. etc.!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:55 pm

Your refreshed press archive is a work of art :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done, Mike, well done :clap: And I can't get enough of that floating Shenlong :lol:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:11 pm

Gokitalo wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:55 pm Your refreshed press archive is a work of art :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done, Mike, well done :clap:
The design and functionality on that is all Heath! All I do is buy the magazines and transcribe things! :lol:

But thanks so much! It's wonderful for that section to match the translations archive in functionality, because I feel like it's such an essential, foundational base of fandom and franchise history.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:40 pm

Wow, ten years have passed since Daizenshuu EX and Kanzentai merged into Kanzenshuu. As someone who was a frequent visitor to both of the aforementioned sites prior (the fusion happened near the end of my junior year of high school) to that it's crazy to think that much time has gone by as i recall the lead up and launch thinking it really was an April Fools joke before finding out then that it was all for real. Here's to ten years to this all encompassing Dragon Ball fan site (as VegettoEX mentions on the podcast) and the further additions made to the vast resources and atuff which were already there on the prior sites.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:01 am

I may be…a bit late to the party, but I must congratulate the team at Kanzenshuu for their hard work!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:03 am

I visited this forum from 2011 onwards (at least), and I was aware of the fusion when it happened (2012), but I never really visited Kanzentai, insofar as I can remember. I remember that when I first found out about the site, I thought the short version ''Daizex'' had a really cool and round sound to it. It didn't even sound like the name of a Dragon Ball fansite. :lol:

heymanslowdown

Post by heymanslowdown » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:51 pm

i really like the nostalgic aesthetic it has!