General/Colonel/Captain Brown?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

General/Colonel/Captain Brown?

Post by Rafa Fast » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:17 pm

So I'm not sure if anyone has ever touched in this subject before, and I don't even know if I should ask this here or in the "Music" forum, I'll talk about it here because the main purpose here is to talk about a certain character, well, we have the Insert Song "Red Ribbon Army" used in DB Episode 48, the song obviusly, talks about the RR, mentioning the names of the members of the army, as Red, Blue, Black, Silver, the case is, we have this part of the lyrics at 1:02, that repeats later at 2:49 "Yellow, White, Brown, Mechanic Units", well, we all know Captain Yellow and General White do exist, but what about Brown?? This song is literally the only place I could find that talks about the character Brown.
I know that in the manga, Silver mentions in a moment that the "Squadron Brown" found a dragon ball, but firstly, that doesn't mean the squadron has a leader called Brown, we don't know, also, these guys never showed up as well, so with this line, we can't assume that Brown exists in the manga.
What happened to this guy? Was that a name made exclusively for the song? Was he actually meant to be a filler character or something? Is he actually the never seen General Kappa?
The song was probably composed using everything existent of the manga manterial until that point (Around September 86, when the RR arc started in the anime, the same arc would end just in Octuber in the manga), so my guess, is that, since the arc was still on the run during that time in the manga, the writer of the lyrics probably thought that the character "Brown" would still show up in a chapter, so the song was wcomposed before anyone could knew that a "General/Capitain/Colonel Brown" would never show up.
But my theory just works if the song was really composed very early when the anime RR arc entered in pre-prodution, because the song was used only episode 48, aired in January 87.
Is there something I don't know?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.