The Future of Dragon Ball video games (speculation)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Re: The Future of Dragon Ball video games (speculation)

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:37 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:44 am I would love to get my hands on remasters of old games... like Budokai series complete with Infinity World + all the Japanese Bonuses (Kuriza, Neko Majin stage).

But I don't see them doing the same like Capcom with Street Fighter for example, or Square Enix with Final Fantasy (which came with repacked original releases).

Also, all of Kenji Yamamoto scores will have to be replaced.
But I would definitely buy some definitive re-release, if it comes on PC as well.
I hope they pick better OSTs to replace the songs.

And if it releases on PC, people could bring back the OG OST anyways
How would you feel if they went a step further and replaced the original OSTs with the songs the OSTs were based on (Planet Namek theme becomes Hunting High and Low, Warrior From a Mysterious Land becomes Infinity, etc.)
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:00 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 am
MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:44 am I would love to get my hands on remasters of old games... like Budokai series complete with Infinity World + all the Japanese Bonuses (Kuriza, Neko Majin stage).

But I don't see them doing the same like Capcom with Street Fighter for example, or Square Enix with Final Fantasy (which came with repacked original releases).

Also, all of Kenji Yamamoto scores will have to be replaced.
But I would definitely buy some definitive re-release, if it comes on PC as well.

How would you feel if they went a step further and replaced the original OSTs with the songs the OSTs were based on (Planet Namek theme becomes Hunting High and Low, Warrior From a Mysterious Land becomes Infinity, etc.)
I'd be fine if they added the anime OST

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:08 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:00 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 am

I'd be fine if they added the anime OST
I would like to introduce you to the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 mod that replaces the US music with the original versions of the anime songs, rather than the shortened video game versions. I doubt that there is one for Budokai 3; someone will need to make that

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:06 pm

don't have much space on my pc anymore, besides I got the Tenkaichi 4 mod installed.

I think there is a small group figuring out how to make mods for the 360/ps3 games. I've seen a few Raging Blast 2 mods with Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Frieza

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:36 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:44 am Also, all of Kenji Yamamoto scores will have to be replaced.
Budokai 1 and 3 HD already had replacement scores recycled from Raging Blast 1/Tenkaichi 2, 3, and Tag Team/Ultimate Tenkaichi. I'd imagine any further re-release would retain those tracks as they are in the HD Collection. Even though the OG plagiarized music was better, I will say the replacement tracks are mostly solid.

Budokai 2 and Infinite World would also need their scores replacing sadly, but it would be better than those games never getting a re-release. Infinite World is a pretty rare game these days, and it deserves to be preserved.

I'm sure they could use music from FighterZ/Xenoverse/Kakarot if they really wanted to.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:31 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:36 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:44 am Also, all of Kenji Yamamoto scores will have to be replaced.
Budokai 1 and 3 HD already had replacement scores recycled from Raging Blast 1/Tenkaichi 2, 3, and Tag Team/Ultimate Tenkaichi. I'd imagine any further re-release would retain those tracks as they are in the HD Collection. Even though the OG plagiarized music was better, I will say the replacement tracks are mostly solid.

Budokai 2 and Infinite World would also need their scores replacing sadly, but it would be better than those games never getting a re-release. Infinite World is a pretty rare game these days, and it deserves to be preserved.

I'm sure they could use music from FighterZ/Xenoverse/Kakarot if they really wanted to.
I feel like Xenoverse's music would fit for Budokai since they were both made by dimps.

Maybe some songs from Dragon Ball Heroes

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:17 am

Also, while we are on the topic of Xenoverse, I saw a channel with this fantastic looking DB Xenoverse 2 mod, that had shaders to look like the anime, transforming NPCs (which, BTW, they can do, it is just disabled by default. You need to set one script from FALSE to TRUE to get them to do it), music from all four anime, a slew of characters, some of which transformed by default...
...Hidenori Arai's sound effects, and when characters such as the already-transformed Super Saiyans are selected, they will get the famous yellow aura and their skin, clothes and hair will change color, going from pale blonde to golden.

You can see footage of the mod here, and you can pay for said mod here.

If DB Xenoverse 2 was like this from the get-go, with lots of characters, anime music, transforming CPUs, anime shaders, and Hidenori Arai's sound effects would you have enjoyed it more?

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:57 pm

With the release of Breakers, I don't think it will be long before we hear rumors of the next game. I'm praying they do something interesting, I appreciate them for trying something different for Breakers but they kind of missed the mark with this one.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:32 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:57 pm With the release of Breakers, I don't think it will be long before we hear rumors of the next game. I'm praying they do something interesting, I appreciate them for trying something different for Breakers but they kind of missed the mark with this one.
On a scale of 0 (absolutely awful, do not ever play this) to 10 (a gift from God himself, I will happily play this game until its servers shut down), how would you rate DB: The Breakers? If you've played it, that is.