FINISHED! Fully colored My 2nd Super Namekian Dragon God Piccolo Art!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGeneral

FINISHED! Fully colored My 2nd Super Namekian Dragon God Piccolo Art!

Post by DBZGeneral » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:07 pm

Alright Guys! The Artwork is completed! I hope everyone enjoys! It all really came together and Popped after fully coloring! Check it out!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a new Fan Art Piece I am working on and wanted to know what people think of it so far? It's a follow up to my last piece. I made a fan made form that's supposed to be the next Level beyond Orange Form for Piccolo. It's Called Super Namekian Dragon God Form and it visually brings out the Dragons Features in the character.

Since making it I've wanted to draw the character from another angle because it better conveys to a viewer how the character looks. Also I get to do things I couldn't from the front view, like showing how long his dragon hairs flow back.

Also just a little backstory behind the forms concept, it's supposed to be a form Piccolo can reach after he is trained by the Dragon God Zarama. After sensing the birth of Orange Piccolo, Zarama interest is piqued and he comes to meet Piccolo to take him under his wing and train him. This form would be the fruits of his training under Zarama

So how is it coming along?
(Also massive credit to @DBZTrev and @Gotamaoo8 two amazing artists who created Orange Piccolo Fan Art that were used as references for my arts. I am not an artist and could not produce anything good looking without the aid of their work and the tools provided to me in GIMP, so forgive me)

Original Front View:

Side View I've been working on (doing a different pose in this one)
Last edited by DBZGeneral on Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Working on a Side View of my previous fan art! Super Namekian Dragon God Piccolo!

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:43 pm

Very cool!
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

DBZGeneral

Re: Working on a Side View of my previous fan art! Super Namekian Dragon God Piccolo!

Post by DBZGeneral » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:23 am

Thank you! I am continuing forward with the piece! I have added Shenron into the Art and am currently detailing everything before I get to doing a background. Its the most tedious part, because there are so many scales, but I want them so I gotta do it! This is the update so far!

DBZGeneral

Post by DBZGeneral » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Finished scaling everything and "Inked" all the line work, now I am happy with the detailing. I decided I'm just going to do a very simple background, so it will be a Huge Super Dragon Ball Behind Him, I wasn't sure at first how I was going to implement some dragon balls but this was a perfect solution. I just can't wait to color it because it will really come alive just like when i made the first one.

DBZGeneral

Re: FINISHED! Fully colored My 2nd Super Namekian Dragon God Piccolo Art!

Post by DBZGeneral » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:51 am

Small Bump, I have updated my first post in this thread with the finished piece to be seen at the top! Hope ya like it!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:04 pm

This piece is both well done and cool, and also made with a refreshing concept. :D

DBZGeneral

Post by DBZGeneral » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Thank you so much I am glad you like it! My next plan is to try and work on an artwork of Orange Piccolo Doing the Super Dragon Fist. That one will just be regular orange piccolo, because thats something I really want to see happen in the anime and I want to draw that kind of scene that I see in my head.

It's now one of my dreams to see Piccolo create the Super Dragon Fist Technique and make it his own. It hasn't been done in main canon only in the non canon movies and in GT, the move is perfect for Piccolo because of his connections with Shenron, and Orange Piccolo needs a new Ultimate Super Move.

The scene I actually might draw is an alternate ending to the Super Hero Movie in which Orange Piccolo uses the Super Dragon Fist on Cell Max, similar to how SSJ3 Goku Finished Hirudegarn.