Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage) COMPLETED

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage) COMPLETED

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:27 pm

MR.Mark wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:43 pm
FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:15 am Your Video Edits are astounding, I'm very impressed.

However, the biggest problem I have is with the Audio Edits. The music is either way too quiet to the point where I had to turn my speakers up way too high just to hear if there even /was/ any, or there's scenes that are completely lacking music that should have it.
Hmmm that's odd I've watched my edit on my home theatre and had no issues ever with the music and or sounds effects.

Thanks for enjoying either way.
Do u have any plans to release it on YouTube so that the masses can watch it? This seems like a pretty damn cool project, and I wondered why the Kai Buu Saga felt so half-assed by Toei.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:46 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:27 pm Do u have any plans to release it on YouTube so that the masses can watch it? This seems like a pretty damn cool project, and I wondered why the Kai Buu Saga felt so half-assed by Toei.
To post this series on YouTube wouldn't be smart. Toei would take it down pretty quick & pretty hard.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:18 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:46 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:27 pm Do u have any plans to release it on YouTube so that the masses can watch it? This seems like a pretty damn cool project, and I wondered why the Kai Buu Saga felt so half-assed by Toei.
To post this series on YouTube wouldn't be smart. Toei would take it down pretty quick & pretty hard.
Well, then, explain how YouTube channels like Immortal get away with showing clips of the series, or how some other channels get away with uploading full episodes of the ongoing Dragon Ball Super Arabic dub. Why hasn't Toei or Spacetoon (the company that broadcasts Arabic dubded cartoons and anime in the Middle East and Arabic-speaking African countries) taken those videos down yet?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:59 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:18 pm
Well, then, explain how YouTube channels like Immortal get away with showing clips of the series, or how some other channels get away with uploading full episodes of the ongoing Dragon Ball Super Arabic dub. Why hasn't Toei or Spacetoon (the company that broadcasts Arabic dubded cartoons and anime in the Middle East and Arabic-speaking African countries) taken those videos down yet?
Because they haven't found them yet? Frankly it's legally dubious to be posting these things here, on YouTube they'd be found much more quickly.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Escavalien

Post by Escavalien » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:05 pm

PremiumSalt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:59 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:18 pm
Because they haven't found them yet? Frankly it's legally dubious to be posting these things here, on YouTube they'd be found much more quickly.
Have you watched this cut?

Qfoo31

Post by Qfoo31 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 am

I know this is pretty inactive but is this any good? is it worth watching over the original Buu saga/Buu Kai?

ScottIsOnline

Post by ScottIsOnline » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:04 pm

Qfoo31 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 am I know this is pretty inactive but is this any good? is it worth watching over the original Buu saga/Buu Kai?
I prefer this verion over the original buu arc and it can compete with buu kai. i had some nitpicks here and there regarding some omissions, but I wound up being pretty damn satisfied by this project and I've recommended it to others since.

Excellent work Mr.Mark!

Escavalien

Post by Escavalien » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:51 pm

ScottIsOnline wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:04 pm
Qfoo31 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 am I know this is pretty inactive but is this any good? is it worth watching over the original Buu saga/Buu Kai?
I prefer this verion over the original buu arc and it can compete with buu kai. i had some nitpicks here and there regarding some omissions, but I wound up being pretty damn satisfied by this project and I've recommended it to others since.

Excellent work Mr.Mark!
What sort of omissions/nitpicks?

Qfoo31

Post by Qfoo31 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:30 am

Excellent work Mr.Mark!
I watched it and i guess it's okay, it feels way too fast though, it's good if you're trying to get back into db and you need a refresh of the events, not the ideal Buu saga experience though. (by far better than buu kai though)

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:46 pm

Excellent work Mr.Mark!
Thanks! and on that note, here's a polished ep 11: https://mega.nz/file/1ioEVS4Z#pp3f4oOgo ... cDFBGa8Abg

filbey1

Post by filbey1 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi this is awesome!! Great Job. Quick Question. Do you have these exact episodes you made but with the original audio(Original dub) and not kai?

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:51 pm

filbey1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:01 pm Hi this is awesome!! Great Job. Quick Question. Do you have these exact episodes you made but with the original audio(Original dub) and not kai?
No, just the Kai version.

TheRainmaker

Post by TheRainmaker » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:47 pm

Coming back to this thread as I recently rewatched your cut, and I have to say that this is extremely impressive. The sheer amount of work it must have been going frame by frame is crazy. How many hours would you say it all took? I was spot checking some of the fight scenes against how they played out in Z and it is crazy to see how much faster it all moves.

You had previously mentioned releasing a version of the episodes with no music. Is that something you'd still be interested in doing? I would love to mess around with Kikuchi scoring on this.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:47 pm

TheRainmaker wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:47 pm Coming back to this thread as I recently rewatched your cut, and I have to say that this is extremely impressive. The sheer amount of work it must have been going frame by frame is crazy. How many hours would you say it all took? I was spot checking some of the fight scenes against how they played out in Z and it is crazy to see how much faster it all moves.

You had previously mentioned releasing a version of the episodes with no music. Is that something you'd still be interested in doing? I would love to mess around with Kikuchi scoring on this.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. This project took me about under a year (if you count the retouches i did aswell)

I'll have to check if i have the source files for all my cuts to make sure i can provide a music less track. I know afew have been asking for that option.

SaqCoyoy

Post by SaqCoyoy » Sun May 14, 2023 1:02 am

still dub only? :(

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue May 16, 2023 4:23 am

SaqCoyoy wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:02 am still dub only? :(
Got any Japanese voice tracks without music? Then i can help you. :crazy:

cheesegobbler28

Post by cheesegobbler28 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:20 pm

MR.Mark wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:47 pm
TheRainmaker wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:47 pm Coming back to this thread as I recently rewatched your cut, and I have to say that this is extremely impressive. The sheer amount of work it must have been going frame by frame is crazy. How many hours would you say it all took? I was spot checking some of the fight scenes against how they played out in Z and it is crazy to see how much faster it all moves.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. This project took me about under a year (if you count the retouches i did aswell)

I'll have to check if i have the source files for all my cuts to make sure i can provide a music less track. I know afew have been asking for that option.
Update on the music less track? Love this project by the way. :thumbup:

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:11 pm

Sorry for the late reply, I actually might of lost some progress files on one of my episodes but I should be able to rebuild it.

It may either excite or anoy those that already enjoy but I do plan to give this one final revision, a lot of small edit touch ups and such.

As for the musicless track, if the demand is high I will render musicless wavs to go with my final revised episodes.

So I'm curious, how many of you out there want my cut with no music, please let me know.

jimmyd

Post by jimmyd » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:50 pm

I just downloaded and watched all of these, I think they are amazing! I think a music-less version would great I'd love to see them uploaded alongside the main episodes

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:42 pm

Wow! This looks amazing! Pardon me for asking, but is it possible to replace the version of CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA by FLOW (that plays in the final episode of Buu Kai) with Hironobu Kageyama's OG version?