Regarding Super's run on Pop in the UK

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Regarding Super's run on Pop in the UK

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:38 am

So, as I'd been collecting Manga UK's Blu-Rays for Super I sadly wasn't able to keep up with the Pop broadcasts, but I'm interested in detailing as much as I can about the show's run on Pop. For example how many times was it rerun and what are the various timeslots it was aired on? I know currently its on at 4.30pm for example. I know there were also 8.30pm and 9pm timeslots not too long ago, which caused some fear that Pop would be letting Super go.

In terms of the original run I know Super aired at 7pm on weekday evenings, 8.30pm on weekends. 5 new episodes were aired a week and 4 episodes were shown at weekends during the initial reruns, 2 each on Saturdays and Sundays. Then from September 2, 2019 a second slot was added to Super's weekly timeslot, so from that point on there were two new episodes shown a week when the second season began. Notably the double bill on September 16, 2019 was episodes 66 and episode 1.

From what I recall there were three seasons on Pop:

Season 1 : Began airing July 1, 2019 with episode 1
Season 2 : Premiered March 2, 2020 with episode 67
Season 3 : Started September 1, 2020 with episode 105
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: