do the people of earth think Mr Satan can destroy the world on a whim?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chitsunameru

do the people of earth think Mr Satan can destroy the world on a whim?

Post by chitsunameru » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:31 pm

They thought correctly that cell could, and if they think Mr Satan is stronger than cell is then that would stand to reason they thought he could. But is there any indication that they did believe he could?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: do the people of earth think Mr Satan can destroy the world on a whim?

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:46 pm

They should think that, I guess.

If he had defeated Cell in a close fight, if he had earned the W, like Goku vs Freeza (if he had killed him with the genkidama), or vs Z Broly, then maybe you could expect Mark to not be able to destroy the planet.
But according to himself, after all the dancing around, he basically said hey Cell, fun's over and killed him, like if he was just holding back the entire time.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:34 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:46 pm They should think that, I guess.

If he had defeated Cell in a close fight, if he had earned the W, like Goku vs Freeza (if he had killed him with the genkidama), or vs Z Broly, then maybe you could expect Mark to not be able to destroy the planet.
But according to himself, after all the dancing around, he basically said hey Cell, fun's over and killed him, like if he was just holding back the entire time.
You would also have to consider, however, that the world thinks that Cell's powers are "tricks." As in, if Cell could destroy the world, it wouldn't be under his own power, but due to a really big bomb, or something. Average Dragon World Guy isn't thinking that Cell could generate the energy to blow up Earth on his own, so thinking Mr. Satan could do so shouldn't even be considered.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:57 am

The anime also has some scenes in which Mr. Satan implied and later outright stated to have superhuman powers and could save everyone despite not being seen doing anything to save anyone so...who knows what the people of Earth really imagines is the limit of Mr. Satan's 'abilities'?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:41 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:34 am
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:46 pm They should think that, I guess.

You would also have to consider, however, that the world thinks that Cell's powers are "tricks." As in, if Cell could destroy the world, it wouldn't be under his own power, but due to a really big bomb, or something. Average Dragon World Guy isn't thinking that Cell could generate the energy to blow up Earth on his own, so thinking Mr. Satan could do so shouldn't even be considered.
Yeah, you are totally right.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:05 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:57 am The anime also has some scenes in which Mr. Satan implied and later outright stated to have superhuman powers and could save everyone despite not being seen doing anything to save anyone so...who knows what the people of Earth really imagines is the limit of Mr. Satan's 'abilities'?
I take it as the people didn't know how Hercule was draining their energy when he was fighting Buu. Maybe he learn somesort of magic spell or used a device. And whatever method he used required everyone to give some of their power to it.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:42 pm

Yeah it's bizarre how back in Dragon Ball the public could accept the esoteric chi based abilities of the Turtle, Crane and Mazoku groups which participated in the tournaments. They could accept the existence of the Kamehameha which was known to be a legendary martial arts technique of Roshi himself. But fast forward over a decade and now you have a public which is almost completely ignorant to the realities of what chi is; decrying it as little more than theatrical lights and explosive charges.

Mr Satan destroying the world should be dismissed like the paraodic joke that it is but many seem to believe he's actually capable of that. Don't forget this is the same man who took credit for performing 'miracles' that saw many considered dead to be revived.